Gransnet forums

Food

Jamie's one pound meals

(255 Posts)
Franbern Tue 14-Mar-23 09:00:10

Came across this on channel 4 by accident. Jamie Oliver reacting to current food prices and showing how to make nice, nourishing meals on a budget.

Just wondering when this was made as last night he made a potato, tuna dish, and his recipe showed that can of tuna at 58p, Not priced at that in my Sainsbury's,

Just shows of the stupid increaases that means that between ther time he made these programmes anes are so much more.d them being aired, the prices show on them are so much more.

Good recipes though, down to earth ingredients. Do wonder how much olive oil he seems to use in everything. Love it when he keeps telling us to put a lid on a saucepan 'in order to save fuel', like we did not know that.

MandL Wed 31-May-23 17:36:21

As this thread has been resurrected, I was wondering if anyone has cooked any of the £1 meals? I have downloaded a pdf of the recipes from his website, so does anyone have some recommendations of what to try?
Thank you

Callistemon21 Wed 31-May-23 18:06:06

Norah

You're quite welcome.

I'm attempting what is a new to me recipe today, I'll let you know if it's stellar. smile

Yes, I'll see what you think first!
😁

I made a Morrocan stew not long ago, a recipe I found online but wasn't inspired.
That recipe sounds more tasty.

Callistemon21 Wed 31-May-23 18:06:46

MandL

As this thread has been resurrected, I was wondering if anyone has cooked any of the £1 meals? I have downloaded a pdf of the recipes from his website, so does anyone have some recommendations of what to try?
Thank you

Not yet, I must make more effort!!

Norah Wed 31-May-23 19:07:26

I made a stellar new recipe of Jamie's today.

Garlic & chilli baked beans

Quite good. I cooked the beans v tinned - otherwise followed the recipe. Made sourdough for the recipe, added salad and fruit sauce.

Meal was delicious (well under £1 ). Cheap as chips.