Gransnet forums

Games

The Alphabet Bar ( all welcome!)

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Sat 04-Jan-20 19:10:25

Just opened a small but gleaming new bar in the best part of town, The Alphabet, 1950’s themed bar all polished chrome and plastic, with a juke box and frothy coffee machine.
Drop in when out shopping for a chat and a snifter.?
The bar only has a few house rules, no pj’s to be worn, keep to an alphabetical order and be inventive.Free drinks for the surreal and humorous contributions.?

Doodle Sun 29-Mar-20 21:48:33

Mine are bigger. I have a family of 4 living in one cup and a flock of sheep in the other. So there ?

CherryCezzy Sun 29-Mar-20 22:12:25

Never mind all this prattle!!! The pheasant is waking up ??!! Quick Doodle do something!!

soop Mon 30-Mar-20 13:59:30

One-upmanship. That's what it is Doodle. I've massacred a batch of rock buns. Pheasant is welcome to them. He won't be able to strut his stuff for a wee while...

Doodle Mon 30-Mar-20 14:07:27

Plucking pheasant is proving difficult. It keeps trying to get away. I have it cornered. Here comes the pheasant pluckers son to do his bit. Ouch! That’s not a pheasant feather that’s a hair from my moustache ?

lemongrove Mon 30-Mar-20 14:13:24

Mine are even bigger Soop ? ( so there!)
By the way, you say ‘no complaints’.....but by who?

Magic Moments on the juke box?

lemongrove Mon 30-Mar-20 14:15:35

Sorry!

Back to Q

Queer goings ons in the new gin bar out the back!

lemongrove Mon 30-Mar-20 14:16:56

Roast pheasant now on the menu....yummy

Doodle Mon 30-Mar-20 20:34:29

Sorry ? how was I to know the pheasant was going to trip over one of soop’s rock cakes and come to an untimely end.
lemon I’m amazed how quickly you got that bird in the oven. Oh well at least chewy has some feathers for her outfit now. Every time I see her I will be thinking of my poor pheasant ?

Wheniwasyourage Tue 31-Mar-20 11:46:55

Take the pheasant out, someone! It must be inedible by now if it's been in the oven this long, but the regulars won't notice, will they?

Doodle Tue 31-Mar-20 14:04:31

Under some gravy it will all be fine. I can’t bring myself to eat it. ?. I’ll have oodles of roast potatoes though please ?

CherryCezzy Tue 31-Mar-20 14:16:52

Very tasty pheasant, do try it Doodle. I promise to hold your ?, you can close your eyes and pretend it wasn't your pheasant ?. Swig down some of this sloe Gin after and you'll forget it ever happened ?

Doodle Tue 31-Mar-20 20:39:58

Well ok cherry, just for you I will try some. Give me a good swig of gin first. Mmmm tasty. I wonder if soop has more buns so I can knock another off it s perch ?

Chewbacca Tue 31-Mar-20 21:44:15

Xhale at the stench of overcooked burnt to a cinder pheasant in here! Strewth! What have you done to that poor fowl Doodle? Have you been taking cookery lessons from soop by any chance? hmm

And when is my pheasant, peacock and budgerigar tutu going to be ready? I'm supposed to be wearing that tomorrow night - hot date booked.

CherryCezzy Tue 31-Mar-20 23:44:39

You'll be ready Chewy don't start behaving like a stroppy teenager or we'll 'av to lock yew up with the ? and yew knaw what happens then don't you shock

soop Wed 01-Apr-20 12:22:34

Zumba time. Get your glad rags on and shake it all about.

CherryCezzy Wed 01-Apr-20 14:08:32

April fool soop?? I can't even manage the Hokey Cokey! ?

lemongrove Thu 02-Apr-20 16:10:55

Billy Fury on the jukebox? Halfway To Paradise...

Can anyone do a bit of a clean up, just look at the tables, covered in bits of roast pheasant and a feather or two.

Don’t leave the room! I have been robbed! All the marigolds and anti-bact wipes have gone, and the bleach too and all the loo rolls from the toilet out the back.What’s going on?

lemongrove Thu 02-Apr-20 16:12:34

Eh? It was Doodle you say? Hard to believe as she has never been a fan of cleaning up ( other than her plate.)?

lemongrove Thu 02-Apr-20 16:14:20

Fine! I shall clean up using these old red silk dusters I found,
Wonder why they are edged with black lace?

Doodle Thu 02-Apr-20 19:54:22

Great Scott it wasn’t me it was chewy she took them to use in the sewage plant. Anyway I’ve got them back lemon and given them a bit of a swill under the tap. They should be fine now.....just ignore the brown stains ?

Doodle Thu 02-Apr-20 19:55:34

Hand over my undies at once. Blooming hec lemon what are you playing at, those are my best bloomers.?

CherryCezzy Thu 02-Apr-20 21:35:35

I think one of the silky's lemon has been using is mine!! Wha' we gonna do 'bout it Doodle ?? Get your finking cap on, we need a cunning plan ... wink

Chewbacca Thu 02-Apr-20 22:43:02

Just a minute! Those bloomers are mine! They have secret pockets in for when I'm poaching.

Doodle Thu 02-Apr-20 23:02:17

Knickers! I thought it was a hot air ballon chewy ?
cherry I’ll tell lemon the juke box is broken and when she goes to fix it you dash in and steal your the undies back. Quickly I’m going to unplug Billy Fury now. ??

soop Fri 03-Apr-20 12:27:15

Lordy! We could all fit into that pair of bloomers. Could be fun. grin

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion