Gransnet forums

Games

Thursday: Miss Marydoll’s Manic Maths Class for Those Who Enjoy A Maths Challenge.

(95 Posts)
Marydoll Thu 16-Apr-20 07:57:02

Good morning all, I have tried to go a little easier on everyone today. wink

willa45 Thu 16-Apr-20 21:07:23

Who here would like to make a crocheted helmet for Doodle?

Doodle Thu 16-Apr-20 21:18:32

Hmm. Short hair. Put my head in the freezer will you. I’m going to get my mum to dye my hair pink and spiked then I’ll be a punk. Actually it feels quite liberating so there. ?

Callistemon Thu 16-Apr-20 21:31:34

I'm crocheting away, however, it could take a while.

Doodle's hair will probably be down to her knees by the time I finish. One double crochet, drop two, oops.

An ? I'm so pleased, overthinking isn't so bad after all.

Doodle Thu 16-Apr-20 21:54:43

Come on callistemon my heads getting cold ?

Callistemon Thu 16-Apr-20 22:00:22

Sorry, I dropped so many stitches it's more holes than crochet!

Like a string vest but more so

aquagran Sat 18-Apr-20 17:36:31

The instructions, which were not printed, but exist on the original, ask for the column total. Pedantic I know , but hey,

Marydoll Sat 18-Apr-20 18:07:16

Oh dear, I'm hanging my head in shame. sad I feel such a bad teacher.?

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

PS. It's meant to be a bit of fun, but hey, perhaps I shouldn't bother wasting spending time posting them.

Pantglas2 Sat 18-Apr-20 18:08:57

You’re the bestest Miss (can I have a macaroni now please grin)

Chewbacca Sat 18-Apr-20 18:41:44

Please Miss Marydoll don't stop doing sums for us because I like coming into class each day and flicking ink pellets at Doodle and Callistemon.

aquagran Sun 19-Apr-20 19:21:47

Sorry Miss Marydoll, I know I am a pain, but it comes from years of teaching the little smart arsed buggers known as Year 6, who picked one up on every breath one took. Please carry on.

Marydoll Sun 19-Apr-20 19:40:11

Miss acquagran, I had sussed out you were a teacher and I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm not as daft as I make myself out to be! wink.

If I was still teaching, I would have been extremely particular, double checking everything, but this class don't really care.
They just want a bit of acarry on, as I do, to take our minds off things.

When you are sentenced to at least twelve weeks incarceration, you need some kind of light relief. grin

Feel free to join in anytime. Perhaps you would like to do some supply teaching, to give me a chance to try and get a supermarket delivery. ?

Pantglas2 Sun 19-Apr-20 19:54:37

Miss Aquagran. R u an underwater teacher? Have you got aqualungs? Our Miss. Marydoll hasn’t but she’s very good at taking deep breaths with us north kids. And sometimes she has to ave a lie down .... and she doesn’t have a baby.....maybe cos she jumps up and down! Do u jump u and down?

trisher Sun 19-Apr-20 20:12:26

A supply teacher would be great (you can do all sorts of things to for them) Not that we wouldn't miss you Miss Marydoll. But Miss Aquagran is asking for it volunteering!

Callistemon Sun 19-Apr-20 20:15:19

But supply teachers might give us all kinds of horrible things to do like histery, jography and spelling tests

trisher Sun 19-Apr-20 20:33:24

Na Callie you just have to keep saying stuff like. "That's not how miss does it" and losing your pencil and asking her if you can go to the loo an stuff like that.

aquagran Sun 19-Apr-20 20:35:23

Ha ha, Laugh, thought I’d never start.

trisher Sun 19-Apr-20 20:43:22

She is a supply teachr!

Callistemon Sun 19-Apr-20 20:45:51

She's going to be strict like my friend.
Scary

trisher Sun 19-Apr-20 20:48:03

I don't feel well.