Gransnet forums

Games

Miss Marydoll's Maths Class: Tuesday's, Tricky, Tantalising, Testing, Teaser.

(55 Posts)
Marydoll Tue 21-Apr-20 08:53:06

Good morning all, the Bearded Dragon has decided not to cover my class today, as she has heard how tricky you all are, even for her! ?. You have had a very narrow escape!

I borrowed today's puzzle from site called Anthony's Maths Mash up.
He did have some tricky puzzles, involving jelly beans, but I was struggling to work out the answers, so I left it for another day. blush

Hint, it's not as tricky as it looks. If you are finding it hard, I will come back later with some help.

Bathsheba Tue 21-Apr-20 09:08:27

Cor Miss I dont no whare to start wiv this one! But I will put my thinking cap on and try and werk it owt.

I'm thinking the bearded dragon might of bin a gud idea arfter all

Pantglas2 Tue 21-Apr-20 09:09:00

Come back Chewbacca, Callistemon, Doodle, Trisher.....the Dragon’s not ‘ere so we can be as norty as we like cos Miss won’t be back for ages!

I’m Milk Monitor this mornin and I found some jidestives and ? in Miss’s desk so don’t be long......

Puzzler61 Tue 21-Apr-20 09:38:28

I ? a good puzzle and look forward to seeing how the answer is worked out. It’s got me stumped - I’m going back to Sudoku Miss.

Marydoll Tue 21-Apr-20 10:11:05

HINT

Think of how many squares are in the picture. What fraction is each colour of the large square.
Then apply the fraction to the question.

Saxifrage Tue 21-Apr-20 10:14:02

Green 105
Blue 80
Pink 25
Orange 40

Pantglas2 Tue 21-Apr-20 10:18:03

Yes Puzzler61 gwd ayedear!

I’m leaving this one in the (in)capable hands ?of the Team as I’m colour blind.....they’ve not got that excuse reason grin Bathsheba is the brains of the Team so when she’s worked it out, we’ll all claim the credit.....?

Pantglas2 Tue 21-Apr-20 10:21:26

Ooh Saxifrage - wot a clever girl ewe aarh!

Miss tried to Confucius me by talkin bout factions.....but we don’t have non cos we’re a TEAM!

Saxifrage Tue 21-Apr-20 10:26:59

Coo, I didn't do it using fractions so may be wrong??

Marydoll Tue 21-Apr-20 10:35:59

So good to see new members in the class. smile. Welcome all.
Stay away from the troublemakers.....or else!

Doodle Tue 21-Apr-20 11:03:11

I’m here pantglas. Glad the old dragon isn’t here......we’ve just got Miss to deal with ?

I like that puzzle Miss it’s very pretty. After I’ve had my milk and bikkies with pantglas I’ll get onto it. Don’t now where chewy and squiffy and the others are yet. Probably still asleep ?

Bathsheba Tue 21-Apr-20 11:03:34

Oh I get it now Miss! I fort we had to work out what EACH LITTLE SQUARE was worf! Insted you wont us to tell you wot the hole area of each colour is worf!

Cor it's easy peasy now wiv yor hint!

Green : 105
Pink : 25
Blue : 80
Orange : 40

Rite, now I can go and play wiv all the norty lot, yay!!!! Pantglas you got eny of them biskits left?

Doodle Tue 21-Apr-20 11:04:32

saxifrage nice to see you. Are you good at sums. Hope so, gives me someone else to copy from. ?

Doodle Tue 21-Apr-20 11:05:44

Hello bathsheba you were in so early I didn’t see you there. I’m not going to copy (yet) going to twy hard on mys own.

Missedout Tue 21-Apr-20 11:12:08

Miss, Miss, the alarm didn't go off and Mum set the kitchen on fire, it was ever so exciting like but I'm late.
I got the same as Saxifrage.

Pantglas2 Tue 21-Apr-20 11:13:33

Well done Bathsheba no jidestives left (Doodle again....) but here’s half a ? with ‘oles where the choccy chips were!

And I’ve assed Miss for a Smarty Pants baj for you - you’ll probly ave to wait cos she’s a bit slow with bajs. She’s not aving her Best Teecha one from me till she gets a move on - that’ll lyrn ‘er!

Doodle Tue 21-Apr-20 11:15:16

I dun it Miss
Blue 80
Pink 25
Orange 40
Green 105

Fink I got it. Yeah. Playtime ?

Bathsheba Tue 21-Apr-20 11:27:30

Fanks Pantglas, but can you ass Miss for a tube of smartys instead cos then I can push sum bits of choklit bak in them holes in the biskit.

Doodle I dont bleeve you dint see me earlier. You jus wonted to get my biskit dint you. Well Im not lettin you ave a go wiv my two balls now at playtime. So their.

Callistemon Tue 21-Apr-20 11:44:39

Blue = 90
Green = 105
Pink = 25
Yellow = 40

Callistemon Tue 21-Apr-20 11:45:20

ps It's yellow, Miss

Bathsheba Tue 21-Apr-20 11:54:21

Well it looks like orinj to me. And Ive never bin collar blined, Ive alwase past all the tests when the optishun visits skool.

Callistemon Tue 21-Apr-20 11:56:56

Yellow

Chris Martin said so. I asked him
"Yeah they were all yellow"

Marydoll Tue 21-Apr-20 11:57:42

Actually it's yellowy orange or is it, orangey yellow?

Actually I DON'T care.
Get back to work now, ALL ?of you!

Bathsheba Tue 21-Apr-20 12:09:31

Cor do you no Chris Martin Call? Can you get me his ortogiraffe pleez? I'll be your best frend!

trisher Tue 21-Apr-20 12:10:09

Sorry miss am I late? I've been doin PE and I'm worn out. Can I it in the corner and have a little doze rest? Oh is it art today? All them pretty colours!!