Gransnet forums

Games

LIMERICKS (Apr ‘25)

(1001 Posts)
crazyH Tue 01-Apr-25 17:14:34

I believe spring is finally here
My garden needs a good old clear

GoldenLady Sun 02-Aug-26 15:48:19

Too many lines start with "Now"

Magenta8 Sun 02-Aug-26 17:56:10

Too many lines start with "Now"
But not too many start with "Pow!!!"

Magenta8 Sun 02-Aug-26 18:06:07

Sorry ignore. I thought there should be eight beats. It appears here should only be seven. My mistake.

hollysteers Sun 02-Aug-26 22:13:41

Too many lines start with “Now”
This could start a great big row

Wyllow3 Sun 02-Aug-26 23:42:52

(I assumed 8 8 5 5 8 in an ideal world but it doesn't matter overmuch to me? Or different here?)

Too many lines start with “Now”
This could start a great big row
We'd get in a fight

crazyH Sun 02-Aug-26 23:58:04

Too many lines start with a “Now”
This could start an almighty row
We'd get in a fight
Each saying ‘I’m right’

Wyllow3 Mon 03-Aug-26 00:40:25

Too many lines start with a “Now”
This could start an almighty row
We'd get in a fight
Each saying ‘I’m right’
Till we make up and say "ciao"

I'd like to go to Sicily

Crocus5 Mon 03-Aug-26 07:24:43

I’d like to go to Sicily
I’ve heard there is so much to see

MollyNew Mon 03-Aug-26 15:15:54

I'd like to go to Sicily
I've heard there is so much to see
Beautiful sights and fabulous wine

hollysteers Tue 04-Aug-26 14:38:49

I’d like to go to Sicily
I’ve heard there is so much to see
It would be divine

Magenta8 Tue 04-Aug-26 14:43:39

I'd like to go to Sicily
I've heard there is so much to see
It would be divine
To eat and drink wine

GoldenLady Tue 04-Aug-26 15:17:40

I'd like to go to Sicily
I've heard there is so much to see
It would be divine
To eat and drink wine
And it isn't too far from Capri

Perhaps you could all come along

hollysteers Wed 05-Aug-26 02:12:22

Perhaps you could all come along
And join me in Italian song

Wyllow3 Wed 05-Aug-26 09:43:15

Perhaps you could all come along
And join me in Italian song
The words speak of love

GoldenLady Wed 05-Aug-26 15:33:04

Perhaps you could all come along
And join me in Italian song
The words speak of love
And feelings thereof

SpinDriftCoastal Wed 05-Aug-26 21:21:41

Perhaps you could all come along
And join me in Italian song
The words speak of love
And feelings thereof
Making our passions strong.

SpinDriftCoastal Wed 05-Aug-26 21:22:45

I once saw an elf in a tree

hollysteers Thu 06-Aug-26 11:58:35

I once saw an elf in a tree
I beg you, you must believe me

GoldenLady Thu 06-Aug-26 15:40:41

I once saw an elf in a tree
I beg you, you must believe me
It was a real elf!

Magenta8 Fri 07-Aug-26 09:44:33

I once saw an elf in a tree
I beg you, you must believe me
It was a real elf!
I saw him myself

GoldenLady Fri 07-Aug-26 14:32:34

I once saw an elf in a tree
I beg you, you must believe me
It was a real elf!
I saw him myself
He said he had come from Dundee

Turned out that he was an actor

SpinDriftCoastal Fri 07-Aug-26 17:06:03

Turned out that he was an actor
Which was an important factor

hollysteers Fri 07-Aug-26 21:27:44

Turned out he was an actor
Which was an important factor
His costume was good

crazyH Sat 08-Aug-26 00:11:05

Turned out he was an actor
Which was an important factor
His costume was good
With a hole in the hood

Magenta8 Sat 08-Aug-26 09:33:02

Turned out he was an actor
Which was an important factor
His costume was good
With a hole in the hood
But he drove off on a tractor

I would have liked to have a chat

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion