Gransnet forums

Games

New Limerick Thread II 2016 (following New Limerick Thread)

(1001 Posts)
Magenta8 Sun 04-Jan-26 12:11:49

Only then will I head off home
And sort out my wet hair with a comb
I'll try a new style
With which I'll beguile
Everyone wherever I roam

I'll charm everybody I meet

Clawdy Wed 17-Jun-26 12:57:52

His plays are relevant today
Whatever we find comes our way
Both comic and sad
People good and bad
And life goes on, come what may.

Next door's dog is barking so loud!

Crocus5 Wed 17-Jun-26 13:51:55

Next door’s. dog is barking so loud
It sounds like the noise of a crowd

GoldenLady Wed 17-Jun-26 15:15:59

Next door’s. dog is barking so loud
It sounds like the noise of a crowd
I wish they would move

hollysteers Wed 17-Jun-26 15:31:37

Next door’s dog is barking so loud
It sounds like the noise of a crowd
I wish they would move
Neglect I could prove

Magenta8 Wed 17-Jun-26 16:03:04

Next door's dog is barking so loud
It sounds like the noise of a crowd
I wish they would move
Neglect I could prove
He's chained outside, he's sad and cowed

My cat is spoilt and she rules us

pably15 Wed 17-Jun-26 20:33:42

My cat is spoilt and she rules us
When she's hungry she makes such a fuss

Wyllow3 Thu 18-Jun-26 01:42:50

My cat is spoilt and she rules us
When she's hungry she makes such a fuss
I cook her fresh steak

hollysteers Thu 18-Jun-26 10:02:11

My cat is spoilt and she rules us
When she’s hungry she makes such a fuss
I cook her fresh steak
Please give me a break

GoldenLady Thu 18-Jun-26 14:31:38

My cat is spoilt and she rules us
When she’s hungry she makes such a fuss
I cook her fresh steak
Please give me a break
Or away I will ride on a bus

Some pets are better than others

pably15 Thu 18-Jun-26 20:36:00

Some pets are better than others
Some like to cling to their mothers

crazyH Thu 18-Jun-26 20:40:01

Some pets are better than others
Some like to cling to their mothers
Love mine , regardless

Magenta8 Thu 18-Jun-26 20:40:12

Some pets are better than others
Some like to cling to their mothers
They can be quite sweet

Wyllow3 Thu 18-Jun-26 20:55:02

I will take the first post to continue, both so nice but to be fair..

Some pets are better than others
Some like to cling to their mothers
Love mine , regardless.
And my, her smartness

hollysteers Fri 19-Jun-26 15:55:32

Some pets are better than others
Some like to cling to their mothers
Love mine, regardless
And my, her smartness
A cat who gives me no bothers.

I once had a cat who just left

Clawdy Fri 19-Jun-26 16:24:50

I once had a cat who just left
And I was feeling bereft

MollyNew Fri 19-Jun-26 17:58:56

I once had a cat who just left
And I was feeling bereft
He came back one day

Magenta8 Fri 19-Jun-26 20:46:44

I once had a cat who just left
And I was just feeling bereft
He came back one day
On the first of May

Wyllow3 Sat 20-Jun-26 13:01:54

I once had a cat who just left
And I was just feeling bereft
He came back one day
On the first of May
I thought "surely, it was a theft"

But got out my packs full of Dreamies

hollysteers Sat 20-Jun-26 15:07:16

But got out my packs full of Dreamies
No one can call me a meanie

MollyNew Sat 20-Jun-26 21:42:04

But got out my packs full of Dreamies
No one can call me a meanie
The cat's favourite treat

Clawdy Wed 24-Jun-26 07:45:56

But got out my pack full of Dreamiest
No one can call me a meanie
The cat's favourite treat
Is a piece of red meat!

GoldenLady Wed 24-Jun-26 16:59:15

But got out my pack full of Dreamies
No one can call me a meanie
The cat's favourite treat
Is a piece of red meat
But the chicken kind makes him steamy.

At household repairs I'm inept

hollysteers Wed 24-Jun-26 17:15:06

At household repairs I’m inept
So a handy man I have kept

Wyllow3 Wed 24-Jun-26 17:41:49

At household repairs I’m inept
So a handy man I have kept
Looks after his tools,

GoldenLady Thu 25-Jun-26 15:41:43

At household repairs I’m inept
So a handy man I have kept
Looks after his tools,
Doesn't tolerate fools

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion