Gransnet forums

Games

New Limerick Thread II 2016 (following New Limerick Thread)

(1001 Posts)
Magenta8 Sun 04-Jan-26 12:11:49

Only then will I head off home
And sort out my wet hair with a comb
I'll try a new style
With which I'll beguile
Everyone wherever I roam

I'll charm everybody I meet

Wyllow3 Thu 25-Jun-26 16:25:03

At household repairs I’m inept
So a handy man I have kept
Looks after his tools,
Doesn't tolerate fools
Well... you'd all want one I expect.

He's willing to sleep in the shed

SpinDriftCoastal Thu 25-Jun-26 19:53:34

He's willing to sleep in the shed
His man cave complete with a bed

Magenta8 Fri 26-Jun-26 07:50:19

He's willing to sleep in the shed
His man cave complete with a bed
He does as he's told

Wyllow3 Fri 26-Jun-26 09:47:32

He's willing to sleep in the shed
His man cave complete with a bed
He does as he's told
Now, shall I be bold

hollysteers Fri 26-Jun-26 20:35:24

He’s willing to sleep in the shed
His man cave complete with a bed
He does as he’s told
Now, shall I be bold
And allow myself to be led…

A gamekeeper once fancied me

Clawdy Sat 27-Jun-26 17:57:48

A gamekeeper once fancied me
He thought I was his cup of tea

GoldenLady Sat 27-Jun-26 19:44:03

A gamekeeper once fancied me
He thought I was his cup of tea
But he wouldn't bathe, alas

Wyllow3 Sun 28-Jun-26 00:30:01

A gamekeeper once fancied me
He thought I was his cup of tea
But he wouldn't bathe, alas
No scent of fresh mown grass

Magenta8 Sun 28-Jun-26 12:15:21

A gamekeeper one fancied me
He thought I was his cup of tea
But he wouldn't bathe, alas
No scent of fresh mown grass
Just quite a strong smell of stale wee

(sorry for being disgusting and lowering the tone)

My friend Lady Anne was his boss

hollysteers Sun 28-Jun-26 12:32:25

My friend Lady Anne was his boss
A woman who gave not a toss

GoldenLady Sun 28-Jun-26 15:55:34

My friend Lady Anne was his boss
A woman who gave not a toss
She loved him so well

Wyllow3 Sun 28-Jun-26 23:21:25

My friend Lady Anne was his boss
A woman who gave not a toss
She loved him so well
She quite liked the smell

(continuing the low tone 😳)

GoldenLady Mon 29-Jun-26 15:38:38

My friend Lady Anne was his boss
A woman who gave not a toss
She loved him so well
She quite liked the smell
At least he didn't smell like his hoss.

(Poetic license with pronunciation)

Their story became a best seller

hollysteers Mon 29-Jun-26 22:41:02

Their story became a best seller
A book one would hide in the cellar

crazyH Mon 29-Jun-26 22:44:28

Their story became a best seller
A book one would hide in the cellar
I read it at night

Magenta8 Tue 30-Jun-26 11:50:14

Their story became a best seller
A book one would hide in the cellar
I read it at night
Until it was light

GoldenLady Tue 30-Jun-26 15:26:58

Their story became a best seller
A book one would hide in the cellar
I read it at night
Until it was light
Gosh, I wish he was a real fella!

The folks who appear in our books

hollysteers Wed 01-Jul-26 01:01:36

The folks who appear in our books
Thrill me more than those onscreen cooks

Elrel Wed 01-Jul-26 01:20:04

The folks who appear in our books
Thrill me more than those onscreen cooks
Sexy riders by dear Jilly Cooper

Magenta8 Wed 01-Jul-26 06:40:12

Those folks who appear in our books
Thrill me more than those onscreen cooks
'Riders' by Cooper
Sexy and super

Magenta8 Wed 01-Jul-26 06:48:54

Apologies to Elrel for re-writing to fit Limerick pattern.

GoldenLady Wed 01-Jul-26 15:53:17

Those folks who appear in our books
Thrill me more than those onscreen cooks
'Riders' by Cooper
Sexy and super
With plenty of charm and good looks

If only those stories were real!

hollysteers Wed 01-Jul-26 17:04:15

If only those stories were real
Those aristos were the real deal

crazyH Wed 01-Jul-26 23:00:04

If only those stories were real
Those aristos were the real deal
I’d be that house-maid

GoldenLady Thu 02-Jul-26 16:36:20

If only those stories were real
Those aristos were the real deal
I’d be that house-maid
Even if underpaid

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion