Gransnet forums

Games

LIMERICKS (April 2025 contd August 2026)

(189 Posts)
Magenta8 Sat 08-Aug-26 09:35:25

I would have liked to have a chat (First line)

GoldenLady Sun 20-Sept-26 15:13:01

The remnants of summer fade fast
It seems to be autumn at last

SpinDriftCoastal Sun 20-Sept-26 15:48:59

The remnants of summer fade fast
It seems to be autumn at last
Leaves are turning gold and brown

hollysteers Mon 21-Sept-26 08:06:09

The remnants of summer fade fast
It seems to be autumn at last
Leaves are turning gold and brown
They all tumble down

henetha Mon 21-Sept-26 12:29:42

The remnants of summer fade fast
It seems to be autumn at last
Leaves are gold and brown
They all tumble down
Reminiscent of autumns past.

It'll be Christmas before too long,

Shel1951 Mon 21-Sept-26 14:23:28

It will be Christmas before too long,
With memories of friends now long gone,

GoldenLady Mon 21-Sept-26 15:38:05

Ah, we have peace at last
Without sounds that leave us aghast

grannyloverliv Mon 21-Sept-26 15:41:02

Perhaps you should try singing bass
That would wipe the smile off his face
They say silence is golden
And does embolden
All who are stuck in this place

Ah, we have peace at last
I bet you can't sing fast!

Magenta8 Mon 21-Sept-26 18:56:12

Bit of a muddle there. Continuing from Shell951.

Magenta8 Mon 21-Sept-26 19:00:02

It will be Christmas before too long
With memories of friends long gone
Families will meet

hollysteers Mon 21-Sept-26 23:26:47

It will be Christmas before too long
With memories of friends long gone
Families will meet
And lights deck the street

SpinDriftCoastal Thu 24-Sept-26 13:26:03

It will be Christmas before too long
With memories of friends long gone
Families will meet
And lights deck the street
Carols will be Christmas song

A little white cat called Snow

nanna8 Thu 24-Sept-26 14:04:47

A little white cat called Snow
Would purr and miaow a hello

hollysteers Thu 24-Sept-26 16:46:18

A little white cat called Snow
Would purr and miaow a hello
I said “What’s your name?”

crazyH Thu 24-Sept-26 16:55:15

A little white cat called Snow
Would purr and miaow a hello
I said “What’s your name?”
He asked, “this a game?”

Magenta8 Thu 24-Sept-26 17:23:56

A little white cat called Snow
Would purr and miaow a hello
I said "What's your name?"
He asked, "this a game?"
"Oh wouldn't you just like to know"

I guessed bianco and whitey

hollysteers Thu 24-Sept-26 18:09:23

I guessed bianco and whitey
He certainly was a beauty

GoldenLady Fri 25-Sept-26 18:49:14

I guessed bianco and whitey
Or a better name might be Mighty

Shel1951 Mon 28-Sept-26 08:21:31

I guessed Bianco and whitey
Or a better name might be mighty
But whatever you choose

hollysteers Mon 28-Sept-26 10:22:05

I guessed Bianco and whitey
Or a better name might be Mighty
But whatever you choose
I’ll sure dodge the poos

Magenta8 Mon 28-Sept-26 15:19:13

I guessed Bianco and whitey
Or a better name might be mighty
But whatever you choose
I'll sure dodge the poos
And teeth because he is bitey

The new moon shone over the bay

SpinDriftCoastal Mon 28-Sept-26 19:21:20

The new moon shone over the bay
As the stars came out to play

GoldenLady Mon 28-Sept-26 20:01:18

The new moon shone over the bay
As the stars came out to play
What a beautiful night!

henetha Tue 29-Sept-26 11:39:25

The new moon shone over the bay
As the stars came out to play
What a beautiful night!
Such a magical sight,

SpinDriftCoastal Tue 29-Sept-26 12:06:16

The new moon shone over the bay
As the stars came out to play
What a beautiful night!
Such a magical sight,
I knew I just had to stay.

A baker from down Dorset way

Magenta8 Tue 29-Sept-26 17:06:34

A baker from down Dorset way
Came to visit me for the day