Gransnet forums

Gardening

I’ve started on the hedge. Will I lose my bingo wings?

(30 Posts)
PamelaJ1 Sat 07-Sep-19 17:50:58

Nothing very dramatic but we had hoped to find someone to do it for us. DH has broken his foot so it’s up to me. It’s fairly extensive so I’m taking my time.
I can’t cope with the petrol trimmer so am using the battery one. I only have to do about half an hour at a time before it starts running down.
Does this count as Gym time?

Legs55 Sun 08-Sep-19 21:03:13

I've been out sawing down a shrub which I want to get rid of, may have to wait now for DD to come over with her chainsaw.

When I moved in here over 4 years ago I removed hedges, dug up carpets, black bags, a bucket & various other items. I'm definitely not as fit now but I do have days where I work quite hard & others where I struggle to do much more than some deadheading

Drum1234 Sun 08-Sep-19 21:08:46

I envy you all being able to do so much. I have bad knees and a bad back, so can only do about an hour at a time, and nothing half as strenuous as you chewbacca. Many years ago, though, I used a pick axe to dig out tons of rubble and install a pond - maybe that's what did my back and knees in!

BlueSapphire Sun 08-Sep-19 21:20:27

Well, I cut back two very overgrown shrubs today, then cut the back grass. I'm sure it counts as gym time! But then I sat in the garden with a MiniMagnum and followed it up with a glass of wine........

Peonyrose Sat 14-Sep-19 07:14:19

I certainly think that doing all the stretching and physical work in my garden over many years, has prevented me getting bingo wings. But it's made everything ache in the process. Haven't got time for the gym, I did try it but was bored, I prefer being outside in the fresh air.