Gransnet forums

Gardening

Hampton Court Festival Gardens

(33 Posts)
MoorlandMooner Thu 08-Jul-21 18:14:56

Interested to hear your opinions of the gardens shown on last night's TV coverage.

I thought they were 70% hard landscaping, 29% 'entertaining area' and 1% plants.

As for the plane crash! An excellent message but a grim thing to stumble upon at a flower show and barely a plant visible.

Am I just completely out of date and this is what people want now?

Ladyleftfieldlover Sun 18-Jul-21 17:51:36

I love Kew and visit often. I know its not a flower show, but a show of flowers - and trees.

Callistemon Sun 18-Jul-21 18:23:08

TerriBull

I lived so close to Hampton Court for years until we moved very recently, I could have walked there from my house, would have taken possibly half an hour, we were always walking in Bushy Park anywayr, just across the road from the palace. ............I'd never been shock but was very aware of the traffic when it was on!

Yes, probably 15 minutes away from where we lived but the Show wasn't in existence then unfortunately.

Callistemon Sun 18-Jul-21 18:25:52

Kali2

How much is the entrance? Daughter said £100- which I find incredible.

RHS members £63.75 and non-members £73.75 I think, Kali2.

Amberone Sun 18-Jul-21 19:49:23

We stopped going a couple of years ago - after three years in a row it was all very samey and boring. I used to enjoy seeing the special gardens but by the third and fourth year even the plant suppliers all seemed to be the same.

I used to enjoy the Gardeners World Live at the NEC, perhaps I'll try that again this year instead.

Kali2 Sun 18-Jul-21 19:54:01

Callistemon

Kali2

How much is the entrance? Daughter said £100- which I find incredible.

RHS members £63.75 and non-members £73.75 I think, Kali2.

Thanks, DD1 is RHS member and we went to nearby Wisley instead. Perhaps the £100 was for a special event. Still, wow!

Polly12 Sun 18-Jul-21 21:06:10

I think those high prices are for the Preview Day(s) only? About £25 after that I think….

Kali2 Sun 18-Jul-21 21:08:53

Ladyleftfieldlover

I love Kew and visit often. I know its not a flower show, but a show of flowers - and trees.

Yes, much prefer real gardens as they are representative of real gardening, with plants at their best, and then taken over by others- as the seasons come and go.