Gransnet forums

Gardening

Garden Fire pit- anyone knows of a good value one?

(31 Posts)
Kali2 Wed 22-Dec-21 10:51:39

Please. Lots of cut wood at son's house that they can't use inside as it is pine, but would be nice to use outside in Spring. Anyone can advise re a good value firepit? Thanks.

Pepper59 Sat 15-Jan-22 12:00:41

Our neighbours have one(we are in a mid terraced). These braziers/firepits are a nightmare. Im asthmatic and every time next door has a fire in theirs, the whole place is stinking of smoke and I begin to cough non- stop. The smoke particles really go for me. I have to go round shutting every window in the house as my house ends up stinking of smoke. These things are fine if you live in the middle of nowhere. Everyone banging on about save the planet, but have no qualms about polluting the air with smoke and smoke particles. Personally, I would ban them in built-up areas.

Kali2 Sat 15-Jan-22 12:04:44

Totally agree.

When we light ours, we do not affect anyone. Same would be for those we were going to buy one for for Christmas.

Ours has a tripod with a circular grill and chains with adjustable height for bbqing! But only use very dry, well seasoned wood, little or no smoke.

JaneJudge Sat 15-Jan-22 12:07:34

I love this one

Pepper59 Sat 15-Jan-22 19:54:34

Thing is Kali, sadly not everyone is like you, where I live they seem to burn everything and anything. It's a nightmare. You cannot tell people what to do in their own gardens. I just feel braziers etc are not for mid- terraced housing, where everyone lives in such close proximity. I do question how good it is for the environment anyway.

Kali2 Sat 15-Jan-22 19:57:00

Council regulations are quite clear about garden fires- so firepit should be bound by same regulations. Ask your Council.