Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

First time Grandma

(55 Posts)
tracya23 Sun 18-Nov-12 08:15:23

Morning all, Wow I'm going to be a Nanny any day now, my first Grand baby is due tomorrow, Monday 19th November, to say I'm excited is an understatement,
We don't know baby's sex, it's going to be a surprise.
My son is going to be a Daddy, unfortunately it hasn't been plain sailing though, my son is 26 now, only met the mother to be of his baby in January and by March, she was pregnant, well after the initial shock, the excitement kicked in, My son and mom to be split up by June, it was quite a bad split, but my son has always said he will always be there for baby, anyway it got to the stage where they couldn't even communicate with each other, we had a mediation meeting and a parenting plan was drawn up, my son's expectations were a little too high to begin with, him thinking he could have baby weekends from more or less after birth, through mediation when baby reaches 6 months, he will then be able to have alternate weekends,
Thank fully they have now started talking more, as baby is due tomorrow, and during his 2 week paternity leave he will be spending as much time as possible with baby, bless him, he is all prepared for baby, bought all his own equipment for his house, moses basket, cot, bath, etc
I have always maintained my contact with mom to be and tried not to get involved with there relationship,
Well I'm just hoping everything goes well and I can spend loads of time with my very first Grand baby,
I have 5 children of my own, My son being the eldest at 26, then 4 girls, 23, 17, 8 and the youngest being 6, we are all mega excited
xxx

annodomini Sun 25-Nov-12 09:23:56

Joyful news Tracya23. Either name will be perfect. flowers

tracya23 Sun 25-Nov-12 09:52:42

No American connection, we're Brummies lol

tracya23 Sun 25-Nov-12 09:56:10

Nanadog, Oh yes I have seen our beautiful little princess, and I've cuddleed her and kissed her and didn't want to leave her lol, I have added a picture on my profile, she has a glorious head full of hair too, Just like her Daddy when he was born,
I love being a Nanny grin
xxxx

annodomini Sun 25-Nov-12 10:01:07

tracya23, you must have been up all night - but in a good cause. Could you make your profile public so that we can admire your lovely new GC?

Mishap Sun 25-Nov-12 10:36:16

What lovely news - hope everyone doing well.

baubles Sun 25-Nov-12 10:44:33

Congratulations to both the new grandmothers Varya and Tracy . A new baby in the family is such a wonderful event, best wishes to you and your families.

harrigran Sun 25-Nov-12 11:40:06

Congratulations tracy flowers

merlotgran Sun 25-Nov-12 15:16:31

Congratulations, tracy. A wonderful early Christmas present for you flowers

tracya23 Sun 25-Nov-12 18:04:07

annodomini, think I've made it public now,
Thank you every body, it's such a wonderful feeling being a Grandmother, I love it xxxx

numberplease Sun 25-Nov-12 18:05:21

You`re still black to me Tracy, not blue.

tracya23 Sun 25-Nov-12 18:06:04

I've turned blue now xx

annodomini Sun 25-Nov-12 18:10:39

She looks lovely, tracya23 - doesn't have that 'unfinished' look that newborns sometimes have! You are going to have such pleasure with her. On the other end of the scale, I had lunch with my first grandchild (21 next month) today. We still have a great relationship as I am sure you will too.smile

BAnanas Sun 25-Nov-12 18:22:53

Hi tracy, your new baby granddaughter is beautiful already, newborns often look as if they have done ten rounds with Mohammed Ali! such serenity and what lovely hair mine had the mop tops too but they took a week or two to look that good. Congratulations.

Fondasharing Sun 25-Nov-12 18:30:52

What a beautiful baby....Many congratulations and many happy years ahead!!!!

numberplease Sun 25-Nov-12 21:13:11

What a gorgeous baby! Everybody`s right, she doesn`t look at all like a new born.

gracesmum Sun 25-Nov-12 21:34:13

flowers to the new Grannies, Beautiful baby, Tracya23 - Varya when do we get to see your dear little GD?? Much happiness to you all.

harrigran Sun 25-Nov-12 23:48:01

She is gorgeous tracy but OMG you are a Grandma and you are younger that my DD shock

Ariadne Mon 26-Nov-12 05:26:16

What a lovely, happy thread. Welcome to the new Grans and the new babies!

Deedaa Mon 26-Nov-12 22:59:40

Lovely baby tracya23 bit worrying that you're only 4 years older than my daughter who's just having her second smile Not sure if it makes you very young or her very old ....... or just me very old???

tracya23 Tue 27-Nov-12 12:12:34

Thank you every body, I think she is truly gorgeous, and finally has a name Talia Ann Lewin-Grant

LOL at everyone mentioning my age, I was very young when I had my son, 16 years young, and thank fully he didn't start too young, if he had of started when he was my age my Grand child would be 10 by now lol, as he's now 26
xxxxxxx

Nanadog Tue 27-Nov-12 12:32:24

A lovely baby tracya how nice that you are still young enough to be able to do all the really active side of grandparenting.

(My iPad wanted to write that as grandpa renting....now there's an idea to juggle with.)

Butty Tue 27-Nov-12 13:09:38

tracya Just taken a peek at little Talia - yes, truly gorgeous!

Ariadne You're right - it's lovely to have such a happy thread. smile

numberplease Tue 27-Nov-12 15:44:28

Nanadog, depends on the Grandpa!

Nonu Fri 30-Nov-12 15:27:33

tracya 23 , Have been in Bournville for a few days so only now caught up on your lovely news.

Being a gran for the first time is very special , not that the following ones are not special

Iam a gran to two blue ones and two pink ones they are one of the sweetest things that have ever happened to me .

Love the choice of name , plus the lovely picture of her .

Much joy to you all . x

Ella46 Fri 30-Nov-12 16:37:05

Congratulations to both new grannies flowers
Gorgeous baby Tracy smile