Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Vicious and narcissist Gran

(34 Posts)
Meg7 Sun 19-May-13 17:09:58

Dear Grans, I am a loving mum and gran, nothing makes me happier that when the little ones come and visit. But I think the reason why it works so well with my daughter is because I let her be independant and she's appreciative and hence by not always asking her to come and visit, she spontaneously comes! I've just read a book called Kiss of Thorns, by Lilliane Rosse (was on amazon kindle) and I never came across such an appauling story. It's about a vicious and narcissistic gran that tries to take her little children away from her daughter, for the only reason that she does not love her son in law. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? What is her own mother tried to do that to her, how would she have felt? I highly recommend the read, i've enjoyed it very much!

Gorki Mon 20-May-13 13:34:10

I only meant "defend" in the sense of explain herself and justify her recommendation of the book or just hear again from her in the light of other postings. How we get picked up on this site for the odd word sometimes.It is no wonder people who don't find it easy to express themselves are reticent to post. hmm

j08 Mon 20-May-13 13:58:16

Yes. It is Gracesmum. smile hmm

Sorry Gorki. It just sounded a little accusatory. smile

Gorki Mon 20-May-13 14:27:20

Point taken jo8.Careless choice of words on my part.

Gorki Mon 20-May-13 14:29:16

I thought you were an "o" but you are obviously a zero.Apologies

Movedalot Mon 20-May-13 15:18:56

If the book is weak so is the attempt to promote it.

Ana Mon 20-May-13 15:23:39

The OP's certainly generated a lot of interest, though! grin

Ariadne Mon 20-May-13 17:20:13

It did, but I do wish that the OP would respond; when they don't I wonder if they are a) genuine and upset or b) just having a punt. Sad, really?

gracesmum Mon 20-May-13 17:47:44

A case of win some lose some. At least she got us looking at Amazon to find out more about the book - but, with hindsight, finding out more about it and even reading any of it was bound to prove counter-productive! grin