Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Imagine yes they can!

(27 Posts)
Kiora Fri 20-Sep-13 18:09:37

I have 2 of my grandchildren boy3 and girl 20 mths every Friday. My house is full of toys plus my iPad. Four weeks ago I had a package delivered. It was one of those boxes with small boxes inside and bits of corrugated cardboard. While I was busy with his younger sister my little lad built the most complex garage imaginable with this box. He was totally engrossed in this play. When he left I hated to dismantle it. So stored it in our garage. I took it out today and just left it in the living room. Without promoting he began to build again. I have witnessed this sort of play with my children and my other grandchildren and its a joy to behold and proves to me that no matter how high tech we get, no matter what the toy manufacturers produce a box is never just a box to a child and children's imaginations are working as well as they ever did despite our indulging them with the latest toys and gadgets.

gratefulgran54 Tue 29-Oct-13 13:40:18

Thank you Stansgran, I am. He is a delight, and starts my day with a smile when I look after him. Don't get me wrong, the older three (eldest DSs children) are just as wonderful, and all have great imaginations, but I think it's just that he's at that age where he has the energy, and now the speech to make his world so exciting!
They all get on great too, and when all four are together we have some high old times smile