Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

It is happening!!!

(62 Posts)
nannynoo Mon 29-Jun-15 19:26:39

YES it is happening , it is going ahead and in 10 days time MY GS WILL BE HERE WITH ME!!!!! smile smile smile smile smile smile

It is all going so SMOOTHLY now at last and we had the dreaded meeting today at the school but no one contested ANYTHING it all went SO smoothly , move in date SET , handover etc all set , everything all set! smile

He will be coming to mine after school with the SW and all his stuff!!!!!!!

Oh HAPPY DAY after ALL the pain and sadness and the toughest year of my entire life it is HAPPENING!!! smile xxxxxxxxxx

nannynoo Sat 04-Jul-15 09:35:20

So it's all fun and games here lol but am SO glad it was scheduled a week before my GS gets here so he and me can rest up properly and apart from watching him like a hawk things are quite chilled here and of course I feel HAPPIER and so much more relaxed and back to normal me than I have in a LONG time , it's lovely! smile xx

And we have the lovely weather now as well ( apart from the storm last night! ) x

nannynoo Tue 07-Jul-15 16:39:50

Am still feeling VERY emotional with just 2 days left to go!!!

Everything is pretty much set but am going to relax and do what I can as no point overdoing it before he gets here then starting off tired!

So will always pace myself and do what I can

There is such a feeling of anticipation even in the neighbourhood which is lovely , he will always have play mates it seems!!

I have found out about a really good online site which sell dirt cheap and I mean DIRT cheap theatre tickets etc and some of the performances are suitable for over 5's so have booked us tickets for an acrobat circus show for just £4 each smilesmile

I think he will enjoy watching all the jumping , spinning and leaping!

I keep wanting to burst into tears and feel like pinching myself to see if this is REALLY happening , but I KNOW he is going to be SO HAPPY here and I spoke to my DD today who said she is grateful for me having him and thanked me which was sweet of her as she said so many kids end up being adopted and she knows I had to save him from that sad

It is all go from Thursday onwards smile xx

soontobe Tue 07-Jul-15 16:45:52

brilliant nannynoo! What a lovely post.
And am so glad that your DD is able and feels like saying that she is grateful to you.

Meercat Tue 07-Jul-15 16:48:54

So exciting for yougrin You are right to give yourself some relaxation before he arrives though as I suspect you will need all the energy that you can find.

Hopefully, knowing that he will be with you will also help your DD to get herself where she needs to be.

nannynoo Wed 08-Jul-15 00:16:59

I think she knows I am doing this for her as well as my GS

A family is a team and when we are one man down others step in to help out and many people in life go through a really bad patch where everything simply catches up with them and they need to sort their stuff out

Sometimes in this situation the Mum and DD end up at loggerheads and I don't want that to happen , so will always try to reason with her as she is doing really well in a hard situation at the moment ie being without her son who she does love , but you are right , it is time to sort herself out and it is a long road / journey ahead and it will need a lot of patience on her part as she is going to have to prove a lot to get her son back

As long as he is happy , safe and secure where ever he is ( in the family ) then I am happy and I am happy to do this for him , in fact of course as you know I CAN'T WAIT!!! smile x

nannynoo Thu 09-Jul-15 01:39:22

I am SOOOO excited! smile

Relief , happiness , excitement are the emotions I am feeling

I made his favourite , cauliflower cheese today for his dinner tomorrow

One of the neighbours little girl who is 8 is coming over in the early evening so we can all take the dog for a walk together smile

I don't know WHERE I am going to put all his STUFF ( my house is small and even his room is packed now already with toys and clothes in anticipation! )

I CAN'T WAIT to see him and his smiling face , tomorrow night he will be tucked up in bed here , everything is ready , just a quick tidy up of the garden tomorrow then am picking him up at 3pm from school!!!

I am SO ready! xx

Envious Thu 09-Jul-15 01:44:52

Congratulations nannynoo! Looks like everyone is asleep. I'm on the other side of the pond and don't say much but I've been keeping up with your postings and I'm so happy for you! I'm not lucky to be a grandparent yet but I have hopes! Please keep us all posted. I'm pleased to be the first to wish you all the best with your grandchild. flowers

nannynoo Thu 09-Jul-15 12:05:14

Ahhh thank you Envious , in 3 hours time I will be picking him up!

My heart feels like it is about to BURST!!!

Managed to get SOME sleep last night and will have an early night tonight as it's school in the morning smile

I keep feeling like this is a DREAM , ALMOST CAN'T BELIEVE IT IS REALLY HAPPENING!!

It's like I am feeling all of the OPPOSITE feelings I was feeling before , the immense ( and I mean IMMENSE ) pain has been replaced with IMMENSE joy and I remember I kept plodding on and plodding on through it all week after week , month after month , all the while making PROGRESS thankfully till I am HERE in THIS place on THIS DAY smile smile

There is a song which helped me through on many a dark day and it goes like this ;

Ev'ry road thro' life is a long, long road,
Fill'd with joys and sorrows too,
As you journey on how your heart will yearn
For the things most dear to you.
With wealth and love 'tis so,
But onward we must go.

Keep right on to the end of the road,
Keep right on to the end,
Tho' the way be long, let your heart be strong,
Keep right on round the bend.
Tho' you're tired and weary still journey on,
Till you come to your happy abode,
Where all the love you've been dreaming of
Will be there at the end of the road.
With a big stout heart to a long steep hill,
We may get there with a smile,
With a good kind thought and an end in view,
We may cut short many a mile.
So let courage ev'ry day
Be your guiding star alway.

Keep right on to the end of the road,
Keep right on to the end,
Tho' the way be long, let your heart be strong,
Keep right on round the bend.
Tho' you're tired and weary still journey on,
Till you come to your happy abode,
WHERE ALL THE LOVE YOU'VE BEEN DREAMING OF
WILL BE THERE AT THE END OF THE ROAD.

Envious Thu 09-Jul-15 17:42:41

sunshineLovely! I've never heard that before.

Katek Thu 09-Jul-15 23:18:06

It's an old Scots song popularised by Harry Lauder-very popular in WW2. This is a 1926 recording so excuse the sound quality. Wishing you all the very best Nannynoo-my heart is full for you
www.yourepeat.com/g/sir+harry+lauder+keep+right+on+to+the+end+of+the+road

FarNorth Mon 13-Jul-15 22:32:55

I just found this thread and got caught up on your wonderful news, Nannynoo.
Well done for hanging on and getting to a successful result. smile flowersflowers