Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Husband in Hospital

(29 Posts)
over60plus Fri 03-Jun-16 10:01:53

My husband is in hospital very unwell with an infection my problem our only son does not speak to his son (our grandson) , he said last night do not allow him to come to see my dad my husband very close to grandson a very loving and caring young man.
So I tried to be diplomatic not easy in this situation and tried to sort a time out for them both grandson said I do not care what he says I am going to the hospital, most sensible of the two, but trying to keep this away from my husband what do you kind people think the best way round this.

Luckygirl Wed 08-Jun-16 07:43:00

I am glad that your OH is now well enough to come home and hope that he continues his recovery well.

It is so unfortunate that there is this family dispute going on at such a difficult time. I think that you were right to tell your son he was out of order. He needs to learn that he cannot dictate what others do or who they choose to relate with. Hopefully he will calm down. Good luck.

PRINTMISS Wed 08-Jun-16 08:17:46

Pleased you have you other half home with you again Lucky. Let's hope you can get on with looking after him in your own way without any more family upsets. Take care of yourself.

Newquay Wed 08-Jun-16 21:22:24

So pleased your OH is home and hope he recovers quickly.
Don't be bullied by your son-you have definitely done the right thing.
You have enough to be concerned about so don't worry about him. Concentrate on looking after your OH and take care of yourself too.
If son comes onto phone again-or appears at the house-and kicks off again either out the phone down or ask him to leave. It's his choice.
So glad GS is keeping in touch?