Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

A new granddaughter!

(49 Posts)
Gransey Tue 10-Dec-19 12:52:39

After suffering the worst year of my life I have hope and inspiration.
My youngest son died this year after a long hard struggle with cancer. As you can imagine our whole family is still devastated, he left an 8 month old son and a seriously shocked partner.
My DD and SIL had been suffering from fertility issues including 5 very expensive attempts at IVF. The day my son died his sister had just told him she was finally pregnant, one of the last really big smiles he gave.
Yesterday my DD gave birth to a beautiful and precious daughter herself. Difficult pregnancy and difficult birth but so very worth it.
Life seems just a little good again.
I will never, ever get over my DS death and am so sorry that he will never meet his amazing little niece but at least he knew that she was going to make an appearance. Bittersweet times for me but this beautiful little ray of hope will help our family heal I think.
I don’t often post in Gransnet but just wanted to share some good news.

52bright Tue 10-Dec-19 15:09:37

What lovely news Gransey. A bright light shining in your family at the end of a dark year. My best wishes.

Alima Tue 10-Dec-19 15:13:12

Congratulations, wonderful news!

Luckygirl Tue 10-Dec-19 15:22:48

Wonderful news for all your family - I am so glad your DS heard the pregnancy news and had that moment of joy for his sister. flowers

Sar53 Tue 10-Dec-19 15:33:54

Congratulations on the birth of your new granddaughter and my sincere condolences on the loss of your son flowers.

Gransey Tue 10-Dec-19 16:07:55

Thank you for your lovely messages. We are blessed. Timetogo2016 my DD is convinced that somehow her brother looked after this pregnancy and knows that his precious niece is here and he continues to look after her.
Our Christmas may be a little less painful now, I hope you all have a wonderful festive season and hug all your children and grandchildren tightly. They are all so very precious.
Thank you again.

Daisymae Tue 10-Dec-19 18:27:10

Yes, congratulations. Hope you and your family have a peaceful Christmas.

love0c Tue 10-Dec-19 18:48:39

Gransey, what wonderful news, Congrtulations!!! sunshine thanks Enjoy your new granddaughter, you deserve every moment of happiness. smile smile

lavenderzen Tue 10-Dec-19 18:53:21

Lovely to hear your news Gransey, congratulations on your new GD. Thinking of you flowers and your memories of your beloved Son.

Greenfinch Tue 10-Dec-19 19:24:15

How lovely that your daughter was able to give her good news to her brother before he died. A beautiful memory for you to hold on to.

Auntieflo Tue 10-Dec-19 19:31:22

Gransey, congratulations to your DD and her DH on the birth of their daughter.
To you condolences on the sad loss of your son.

Urmstongran Tue 10-Dec-19 20:27:37

Oh Gransey what a WONDERFUL heartwarming event for you All amongst the heartbreak.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O NS‼️

I’m sure this new baba will hold a special corner in your heart forever.
❤️

FarNorth Tue 10-Dec-19 21:41:49

That's wonderful, Gransey, and I'm sure your DD is right about her brother.
Congratulations to you all. flowers

morethan2 Tue 10-Dec-19 22:07:59

Bitter sweet post Grandsy I do admire your strength and courage to look forward with such positivity. I’m sure your wonderful son would be so proud of you. Enjoy your much longed for granddaughter she’ll bring such joy.

grannyactivist Wed 11-Dec-19 01:29:38

Gransey - what a bittersweet time for you. Condolences on the death of your son, but huge congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter. flowers

Nortsat46 Wed 11-Dec-19 09:46:32

Gransey thank you for sharing your wonderful news, in the face of your incalculable loss.
I am sure your beloved son is smiling on you all.
Wishing you peace and this lovely new joy for Christmas.
?

TwiceAsNice Wed 11-Dec-19 09:54:21

So pleased for you and your daughter. I hope the new little one brings some joy in the middle of your grief. I too think your son is still smiling over the arrival of his niece. God Bless you all.

Starlady Sat 14-Dec-19 20:02:36

My deepest condolences on the loss of your DS, Gransey. I think the worst sorry is to lose a child.

But the warmest congratulations and best wishes on the birth of your new GD! DD and SIL must be so happy, and DS must be smiling down on them from Heaven!

Naty Fri 20-Dec-19 00:33:33

Congrats!!!!

Namsnanny Fri 20-Dec-19 00:52:51

Congratulations! flowers

BradfordLass72 Fri 20-Dec-19 04:44:20

How joyful for you all after such a dreadful year. I am SO glad you have this wee life as a sign of hope. xxxxxx

varian Sat 21-Dec-19 13:25:03

Congratulations Gransey

I hope that you are able to spend as much time as possible with both of your little grandchildren as the time we have with them is so precious.

I also hope that you are able to remain close to your late son's partner as you both loved him and can share the sadness of losing him and the happiness of life going on for his little child.

Flowerette Sat 28-Dec-19 17:05:50

Many CONGRATULATIONS ❤️❤️
I really hope that the birth of your beautiful granddaughter gives you a know hope and rejuvenation for life .:: Biggest cyber (((hug)))
for you

TerriBull Sat 28-Dec-19 17:21:58

Vert moving, a bittersweet post flowers

I wish you all the happiness your new granddaughter will bring you.

Best wishes to you and your family Gransey.