Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

A new granddaughter!

(48 Posts)
Gransey Tue 10-Dec-19 12:52:39

After suffering the worst year of my life I have hope and inspiration.
My youngest son died this year after a long hard struggle with cancer. As you can imagine our whole family is still devastated, he left an 8 month old son and a seriously shocked partner.
My DD and SIL had been suffering from fertility issues including 5 very expensive attempts at IVF. The day my son died his sister had just told him she was finally pregnant, one of the last really big smiles he gave.
Yesterday my DD gave birth to a beautiful and precious daughter herself. Difficult pregnancy and difficult birth but so very worth it.
Life seems just a little good again.
I will never, ever get over my DS death and am so sorry that he will never meet his amazing little niece but at least he knew that she was going to make an appearance. Bittersweet times for me but this beautiful little ray of hope will help our family heal I think.
I don’t often post in Gransnet but just wanted to share some good news.

Ziggy62 Tue 10-Dec-19 12:55:32

ah congratulations, what a wonderful Christmas present after so much heartache

cornergran Tue 10-Dec-19 12:56:54

Many congratulations gransey, thank you for sharing your wonderful news. Love to you all.

tanith Tue 10-Dec-19 12:57:53

Well how lovely to have a little precious new child in the family at the end of such a difficult time for your family.k

Congratulations Gransey

Doodle Tue 10-Dec-19 12:58:44

Many congratulations. So sorry about the loss of your son but happy for the comfort a little granddaughter will bring.

Nico97 Tue 10-Dec-19 12:59:31

Such heartwarming news Gransey after such a difficult year for you and your family. Many congratulations to you all as you welcome this new little baby into your family flowers

silverlining48 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:01:21

That is lovely gransey, i am sure the much longed for baby will bring great joy to the family at this very sad time. I am so sorry about your son, i have a dd with cancer, so understand the pain.
I wish you peace and love.

ayse Tue 10-Dec-19 13:02:09

How wonderful for you and your family. Congratulations to you all

vena11 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:06:23

Many Congratulations Gransey wonderful news for you and you family.

Grammaretto Tue 10-Dec-19 13:06:57

What beautiful news!
Thankyou for sharing it with us.
flowers

Roses Tue 10-Dec-19 13:11:25

Congratulations this treasured baby will bring you all so much joy

SueDonim Tue 10-Dec-19 13:14:57

Congratulations, Gransey. I’m so sorry about your son. I’m glad you now have this little ray of sunshine in your life. smile

GrandmaJan Tue 10-Dec-19 13:18:36

Congratulations Gransey. Wonderful news and I’m so sorry to read about your son

Brunette10 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:18:59

Gransey - how absolutely wonderful and a beautiful ending to what obv has been a terrible year for you all. You will all be delighted with your new DGD and quiet rightly so. I hope you all find happiness with this wonderful news. flowers

Smileless2012 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:19:04

Congratulations Gransey tchsmile[flowers[

timetogo2016 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:22:12

Can`t add anything more than what has already been posted.
Well except for I believe your son is looking down on darling granddaughter with that same smile.
Bless you all.

ginny Tue 10-Dec-19 13:31:21

How lovely, congratulations to all,

Feelingmyage55 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:40:24

What a poignant post. I am so sad for you about your son but thrilled that your new granddaughter has arrived safely and hope she helps you all to look forward. ?

sodapop Tue 10-Dec-19 13:45:18

Congratulations on your new granddaughter Gransey it must be a bitter sweet time for you. God bless you all. thanks

Susan56 Tue 10-Dec-19 13:50:34

Wonderful news.Congratulations to you all???
So sorrry for the loss of your son?I am sure this precious new arrival will bring comfort and happy times to your family.x

mumofmadboys Tue 10-Dec-19 13:57:30

Congratulations on the birth of your new GD. I am very sorry you have lost a DS.

janeainsworth Tue 10-Dec-19 13:59:21

Many congratulations Gransey. I hope your little granddaughter brings you untold joy and helps to salve the pain of losing your DS flowers

Hithere Tue 10-Dec-19 14:05:04

Congrats!

JackyB Tue 10-Dec-19 14:52:08

Congratulations!

As I have written on other threads, I lost my mother this summer and a new grandchild was born to us yesterday,but my story isn't as heart rending as the OP. (Please don't comment on this, this is Gransey's thread.)

Purpledaffodil Tue 10-Dec-19 15:06:39

What a sad story, but so admire your fortitude. Enjoy your very welcome DGD ?