Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Playing the waiting game (grandchild due)

(86 Posts)
Newbiegran Sun 12-Jul-20 09:43:26

I'm a soon to be (and anxious) first time gran. Due date was 11 July - DD had sweep on Thursday and is booked for induction (routinely; midwife said prob wont get that far) on 23. July. She's 200 miles away and I am thinking and wondering about her constantly. She was born 8 days late and I recall my mother really annoying me by ringing up every day asking Have you had it yet? Even though I promised I would call as soon as it happened - so I am very loath to get in touch with DD (we use Whatsapp fairly regularly) as I guess she is waiting too. I find myself constantly checking my phone, worrying if she is OK .. any tips on how to handle this waiting game (especially at a distance?)

Greenfinch Thu 23-Jul-20 11:22:27

Very many congratulations.

V3ra Thu 23-Jul-20 12:17:43

More good news!
Congratulations to all ☺️

Jane10 Thu 23-Jul-20 15:08:39

More lovely news! Congratulations Ellie Anne

Newbiegran Thu 23-Jul-20 15:22:20

Congrats @Ellie Anne smile

Ninarosa Thu 23-Jul-20 15:27:10

Haven't been so excited since my own Grandma-to-be journey last November, very similar circumstances , so I was with you every update. All the best for everyone.

Nortsat Thu 23-Jul-20 15:40:55

Congratulations Newbie ... how lovely.

Congratulations Ellie ... how lovely.

? ? ?

AGAA4 Thu 23-Jul-20 16:06:05

Wonderful news, Newbie and Ellie! Enjoy your new grandsons. It is such a special time.

Aquariusb Thu 23-Jul-20 19:05:00

This is the best thread ever. Many congratulations to the new parents and grandparents ???

glammagran Thu 23-Jul-20 19:17:11

After a rather s**t day this is lovely news to hear. I’m so happy for your family. Nothing beats the thrill of a new life. ?

Newbiegran Thu 23-Jul-20 20:36:02

I've seen pictures and videos of him - he looks absolutely fine (certainly can cry loud enough lol) but both mum DD and he are on antibiotics as when she went in on Tuesday night they said she had a temperature so possible infection. Oddly they still haven't had results of tests to see what infection -though she feels fine as does he appear to be behaving fine. I don't know how common this is. So they'll be out no sooner than Saturday if infection/antibiotics go well . (Though I recall being in nearly a week with her 31 years ago, as routine)