Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Things to do with a toddler.

(81 Posts)
Grandmabatty Mon 19-Oct-20 11:44:09

I look after dgs two days a week. He's 20 months old. I'm just looking for ideas for playing with him. We read stories, he has toys at my house, bricks, cars etc, we dance, watch his favourite films. He lives to push the mop around and clean so we do that. Most days we go outside and splash in puddles or walk or go to the swings. He's not a fan of colouring and would prefer to eat crayons. Does anyone have other ideas that I could use? I'm sure he's happy enough but I don't want him to be bored.

Txquiltz Wed 21-Oct-20 00:02:45

My GS's loved a toddler version of hide and seek where we would hide stuffed toys, etc. It introduced the concept of taking turns and they would initiate the game over and over. Happy memories.

Hawera1 Sun 25-Oct-20 22:36:16

Picnics are good. Either in your garden or on the floor with a rug or sheet put down. Make sandwiches or fruit cut into shapes with cutters. Let him help you. Make biscuits to.send home to.mum or to.eat at your place.. photocopy family photos and glue into a scrapbook for him to take home and tell him.what their names were. Download Christmas decorations and make. Paper chains are a good starter. You are so lucky to have him. My daughter in law won't share her wee boy.

YaHoO Tue 14-Dec-21 07:46:11

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Witzend Tue 14-Dec-21 07:50:42

Play dough? Either the bought variety or you can make it easily at home - there’s a recipe online somewhere.
My eldest Gdc would play with that for ages - often making ‘cakes’. Some children’s plastic cutter shapes would be good, too.

MissAdventure Tue 14-Dec-21 08:00:20

It's a thread from 2020 witzend.
Bumped up by a spammer.
Reported.