Gransnet forums

Grandparenting

Granddaughter sobs every time she goes to her mummys house

(53 Posts)
BlueBelle Sun 24-Jan-21 17:00:40

This is very worrying it could just be the change over getting her down but I d be very concerned if it was my child how long does she stay for ? Can you or her dad gently ask what sort of thing makes her feel unsafe perhaps a generalised conversation not just about her but about feeling unsafe in general and see what sort of things she comes up with or maybe get her to draw a picture of her weekend with mum and .? Just see if you can pick any little clues up
Hopefully it’s something innocent but it needs finding out just in case....

M0nica Sun 24-Jan-21 16:58:51

Your son should speak to his daughter, she is the one who holds the key to the story. if necessary he should seek professional help

If something is going on, is the child's mother going to say so? And if sonething is going on, isn't likely that that child will have been threatened with reprisals of some kind if she tells?

I think you are right to be worried and I would seek professional help .

Goodynanny Sun 24-Jan-21 16:22:15

I’m worried about my granddaughter. She is only 5 and her mum left my son when she was two years old. My son has done a wonderful job bringing her up, she is such a happy child. But over the past year she doesn’t want to stay with her mum and her new partner at the weekends. We’ve asked her if she liked mummy’s new partner and she said he was nice.
She just wants to stay with her dad, where she lives during the week. She has started crying at bedtime and wanting to sleep with her dad. She’s now said she doesn’t feel safe at Mummy’s. I’m so concerned. I can’t bear to think of her being so unhappy. My son has spoken to his ex and she says she’s fine after a little while.