Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning From A Newbie

(37 Posts)
Primetime Wed 22-Mar-17 10:18:09

Hi everyone, I'm new here, Hope to join in where possible, play some Games, and enjoy the site, maybe make a few friends along the way

Cherrytree59 Wed 22-Mar-17 10:28:34

Hello Primetime love your namesmile
Welcome hope you enjoy your time on GN
It's quite addictive!
I enjoy the game section so see you there.

Primetime Wed 22-Mar-17 10:32:27

Thank you Cherrytree59,

Teetime Wed 22-Mar-17 10:50:42

Morning primetime don't forget to look it at your local site too and perhaps if their isn't one become a local Editor.

Primetime Wed 22-Mar-17 10:51:33

Thank you Teetime

rosesarered Wed 22-Mar-17 11:06:04

Welcome to the forum Primetime ? There are topics for all on here.

Karanlouise Wed 22-Mar-17 11:15:22

Hi Primetime welcome to gransnet. I hope you enjoy it. smile

shysal Wed 22-Mar-17 11:27:22

Welcome Primetime flowers. That is what they call the exercise classes for over 50s in my area.
I hope you will enjoy all that GN has to offer.

Primetime Wed 22-Mar-17 12:01:04

Thank you all for the nice welcome

hildajenniJ Wed 22-Mar-17 13:38:00

Hello primetime and welcome to Gransnet from a cold Centre of Britain. Enjoy the site, it's often very entertaining.?

Greyduster Wed 22-Mar-17 13:56:01

Hi, Primetime and welcome to Gransnet. Something for everyone, so just take your pick!

Primetime Thu 23-Mar-17 05:42:48

Thank you all

Mapleleaf Thu 23-Mar-17 06:24:51

Good morning and welcome Primetime from one newbie to another (joined end of last week). It's a friendly site, enjoy browsing the forums. There's always something interesting to look at and join in with. ?

Primetime Thu 23-Mar-17 08:12:51

Thank you Mapleleaf

Rinouchka Thu 23-Mar-17 08:19:22

Good morning and welcome, Primetime.

Primetime Thu 23-Mar-17 08:21:31

Good morning, and thank you Rinouchka

grannypiper Thu 23-Mar-17 15:24:55

Pull up a pew primetime and join us brew&[cupcake}

Primetime Fri 24-Mar-17 05:41:53

Thank you grannypiper

Newquay Fri 24-Mar-17 08:15:55

Morning Primetime-enjoy! It can be so entertaining and thought provoking too!
Where do we find local sites-and games come to that?

Primetime Fri 24-Mar-17 08:45:30

Thank you Newquay

bumblebee123 Mon 27-Mar-17 12:48:40

Hi Primetme, I seem to be the only bloke in here so I am so glad another male member has joined the throng. THRONG? that makes two of us males. What are your interests and what is your ability? I like things that make me laugh and due to a bad fall I cannot walk. WELL, I can manage short distances on crutches. Listen Primetime, I am not looking for sympathy, I want someone to talk to. I'm desperate for someone to talk to. Tell me, whereabouts in the country are you from. I live in South Yorkshire, and have a back garden full of wild life. That's the Gas, Electric, Water Board all demanding payment grin. Enough for now. Look forward to hearing from you.

Bellanonna Mon 27-Mar-17 23:38:58

Welcome to the new people and nice to see you again bumblebee123. There are definitely a couple of fellas on the forum. Just keep an eye out. Your garden sounds interesting. I know you have bird feeders and wondering what they are attracting at the moment. Here in the suburbs I get lots of wood pigeon and magpie and our own very territorial robin. Great tits are calling all the time now and we do get occasional more exciting visitors but not often. You say you like to laugh. Have you looked at the malapropism (with some spoonerisms) thread? Some are really funny. Just explore and you might run into those elusive fellow males. If not, you'll come across some interesting discussions anyway.

bumblebee123 Tue 28-Mar-17 08:38:10

Bellanonna, Here are some of the birds we attract.
Blackbirds, magpies, great tits, blue tits, dunnocks, bullfinches, jackdaws, jays, chaffinch, robins, long tailed tits, woodpeckers, crows, collared doves, rock doves, stock doves, pigeons, greenfinches, plus unwelcome visitors like hawks, and this last week, a raven. he really is a big fella. I've missed some out but I mustn't forget to mention the squirrels. They are so much fun to watch. I spend hours each day watching them. Must try and get some photos. Strangely enough, we do not get any sparrows.

bumblebee123 Tue 28-Mar-17 09:05:55

Where do I find the mala whatsit thread?

Bellanonna Tue 28-Mar-17 09:08:29

Wow, that's quite a list Bumblebee. No, I haven't had sparrows for a while either. Numbers have been greatly reduced. Quite sad. Unlike you I don't enjoy the squirrel visitors as they nick the bird food. Although, as I said before, I don't get too many song birds but am watching a pair of blackbirds in the garden at the moment. Love is in the air.