Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Welcome to Gransnet

(261 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 19-Jul-17 11:16:26

Any new joiners? smile If you've recently signed up to Gransnet or have been around a while but haven't got round to posting anything yet, please pour yourself a cuppa and use this thread to introduce yourself and tell us how you found us. brew cupcake

Marydoll Sat 06-Jan-18 08:21:18

Welcome Oracle.
Now you have posted once, it will be much easier to join in. I hope you enjoy being on GN. However, it can become addictive.

shysal Sat 06-Jan-18 10:23:52

Welcome Oracle. What a lot of decisions you have to make! You will find plenty of advice and information on GN to help you. flowers

Mapleleaf Fri 12-Jan-18 09:01:35

Welcome, Oracle. Enjoy looking at the threads on all the different posts. I'm sure you'll see some you'd like to respond to or start a post of your own. It's quite addictive, as already mentioned!

Coll66 Tue 16-Jan-18 04:33:14

Hi I've just joined gransnet about a hour ago I work nights and just need advice on different alternative's to HRT at 51 I'm neither to young or to old for this chat advice from any age can be beneficial I came across gransnet on Google smile

shysal Tue 16-Jan-18 07:26:11

Hi and welcome Coll66.flowers If you start a new thread under the Health heading I am sure you will get lots of replies (this thread gets little attention).
If you are interested, Woman's Hour on Radio 4 had a programme devoted to menopause yesterday, which you could listen to on the iplayer. Different experiences and alternatives were discussed.

Feelingmyage55 Thu 18-Jan-18 20:36:46

Hello, I found gran's net when I googled about a problem that I could not resolve myself. Thank goodness all you gnetters helped me sort out how to deal with a request that I did not know how to say no to! I am not actually a gran yet but come from a four generation family and gran's net has helped me better understand and deal with some generational differences. I love some of the light hearted posts that make me laugh and commiserate with some of the more difficult ones. It is a bit like being inside a magazine with letters, articles, info and a problem page. Glad I found you all.

shysal Fri 19-Jan-18 09:46:46

Welcome Feelingmyage55, I am glad you found the site useful and entertaining. Enjoy!

Orange123 Tue 30-Jan-18 23:32:39

Hello all. I stumbled upon this site by a happy accident. Hope to meet many new cyber friends here. I am 68 years old and live by myself. It seems that many of the members here are from the U.K. I live in the United States but have grandchildren in Ireland. smile

shysal Wed 31-Jan-18 08:56:12

Welcome Orange123, I am glad you found us flowers. GN provides much of interest for those like you and me who live alone, although I do waste spend far too much time on here. It is rather addictive!

Mapleleaf Wed 31-Jan-18 11:16:20

A very warm welcome to all of you who have recently joined. I think you will enjoy belonging to GN. ?