Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

soop's friendly kitchen for like-minded folk and pampered pets.

(1000 Posts)
soop Tue 22-Aug-17 16:49:50

Yay!
Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and jolly good company.

Charleygirl Tue 22-Aug-17 16:51:18

Ah, that is the reason why I could not post- I was trying to waste space so that we could start again in our fresh kitchen. We can relax for a few weeks.

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 16:54:22

Now that I know that 'you lot' have somewhere decent to sit and exchange your latest news and points of view, I feel happy to do other stuff.

Tomorrow I may not be able to join you. We've a late-ish appointment at Oban hospital. Prior to which we have fish and chips. And after which, we do a Tesco shop. It's a long way and a long day. I'm hoping that when I do return you will all feel very much "at home".

Thank you for your company. smile flowers moon

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 16:56:14

Charleyg Bless you. Keep coming in. We should be okay for about another month. It's amazing how time flies when 'us lot' get together.

annsixty Tue 22-Aug-17 16:57:30

Great new kitchen, particularly like the colour scheme.
I had a lovely lunch and a lovely chat, my ears are still ringing.
That is the end of my birthday celebrations sad but I've still got 90 to come ?

Bellanonna Tue 22-Aug-17 16:58:15

Hello to the New Kitchen and all who sit in there. Enjoy your fish and chips tomorrow soop and all the best for the hospital visit.

Swanny Tue 22-Aug-17 17:32:27

Oh this is a nice, another new soop 's kitchen! I wish I could close the door and walk away from my old one into a nice fresh new kitchen grin Sitting here waiting for my online grocery shopping to be delivered so can't even offer a glass of wine yet to toast all visitors wine

I bought a new mop and bucket yesterday but as a friend and I were 'Ladies who Lunch' today the mop has not yet been christened. Maybe tomorrow ... ?

Pleased to hear you've still been celebrating your birthday ann and hope you have more lovely lunches when your friends celebrate theirs.

Maw wishing there is better news of Paw today (((hugs)))

Mapleleaf Tue 22-Aug-17 17:54:31

Hello everyone, ?
Good luck for tomorrow Soop and enjoy your fish and chips beforehand.?
Happy birthday ann. I hope you enjoyed your celebrations. ??
How is paw today maw? Feeling a bit better, I hope ??

cornergran Tue 22-Aug-17 17:56:42

Quick visit. Pleased I found you. Sorry, no idea what was happening before the move. Here's a bottle of red and some chilled white. Help yourselves. smile. Wishing you all well.

callgirl1 Tue 22-Aug-17 18:07:05

How is Paw today?
Soop, take care along the long and winding road tomorrow. Good luck to MacSporran with his appointment, and hope you enjoy the fish and chips, just the thought makes my mouth water!
There are some lovely new baby/pussy cat/doggie pics on here, hope there are enough cushions in this new kitchen for them, do they realise they`ll be ruled by Rory the Magnificent?
I`m off now to use my new George Foreman grill for the first time, wish me luck!

callgirl1 Tue 22-Aug-17 18:08:29

By the way, why have I gone purple?

Baggs Tue 22-Aug-17 18:41:10

Hello, new Kitchen! Very swish, as usual. Just marking a place on the thread so I can find it again to read if not comment.

I've gone purple too, callgirl. I think it's part of the site revamp by HQ to make our own posts show up. ?

Lona Tue 22-Aug-17 18:44:58

Good luck tomorrow soop and macS and enjoy the fish and chips ?

Tizliz Tue 22-Aug-17 18:48:22

I wanted to bring a nice loaf of brown bread for everyone but it is a disaster again - what am I doing wrong? Never mind I have a virtual loaf with some local honey, enjoy.

Charleygirl Tue 22-Aug-17 19:56:28

I have gone pink I do not mind.

soop you do have a long hard day ahead of you. Enjoy your fish and chips and do not spend too much at Tesco unless it is for a certain black cat! Good luck to MacSporran- I hope all goes well at the clinic and you are not hanging around for too long- you do not exactly live nearby.

MawBroon Tue 22-Aug-17 21:19:35

<whisper> Paw was the most like himself he has been in WEEKS. His mobility is still zilch, he still has a catheter, and he can do little more than transfer from his chair to bed with support from a walking frame, but MENTALLY he is so much more normal.
Not counting any chickens but I do feel,the a/b's must be working.

Bellanonna Tue 22-Aug-17 21:28:17

Hopeful news maw ??

Crafting Tue 22-Aug-17 21:52:26

maw that's news worth popping into the kitchen for. So glad for you both. Let's hope the improvement continues.

Lovely new kitchen soop. Hope all goes well for you and MacS tomorrow. Bring me back some chips please.

If anyone wants a chocolate eclair, please help yourself . I didn't mean to buy them, I was just wandering round the supermarket picking up a few bits and they jumped out of the fridge into my shopping trolley. grin

aggie Tue 22-Aug-17 21:52:57

Love the new Kitchen , only problem is keeping up with it lol
Brilliant news about Paw , the mobility will improve as the anti bs take hold

aggie Tue 22-Aug-17 21:56:12

Forgot to say hope tomorrow goes well at the Hospital

callgirl1 Tue 22-Aug-17 21:58:45

Nice to hear better news of Paw.
I was puzzling over you all saying what colours you`ve gone, then I realised how thick I was being, you`re only coloured on your own computers, takes a while for these things to sink in these days, lol!
George Foreman performed OK, hope he keeps it up.

cornergran Tue 22-Aug-17 23:52:00

That sounds really hopeful, maw, so pleased for you all.

Take care tomorrow, soop, hope all goes well for macs, safe journey.

Take care all.

kittylester Wed 23-Aug-17 07:26:37

Well! I'm busy with the dgc and you all move!! I love the new kitchen - now I've found it!

Brilliant news Re Paw - really hope it continues.

Sorry I wasn't around to say good luck tomorrow soop but I'll come back to look for news.

Sorry, for any other news I've missed. Kind wishes to everyone!

NanaandGrampy Wed 23-Aug-17 08:13:54

oooooh a new kitchen !!!

Good luck with your busy day today soop don't worry about us lot - we'll just move in and eat cake !!

Glad you had a lovely lunch ann , that's what you need more of- don't wait for your next birthday!

Great news of Paw !!

I'm very excited today !!

Firstly, I'm off to the theatre to see Footloose. Its a movie I have always loved so this is an early birthday treat from Grampy .

Then its off to slimming and I have HIGH hopes as I have been super good. So please cross your fingers ladies as I need to see some success if I am to stop myself diving knee deep into a BIG bar of chocolate this evening !!

Have a great day !!

annsixty Wed 23-Aug-17 08:31:31

Good morning.
Quite an early visit for me but for once I slept better so am feeling wide awake.
I did enjoy yesterday thank you all, I will try to do it more,
My D is having a mole removed from her back today that the consultant says is potentially cancerous if not already.
They are "diggingdown" and she will have 3 layers of stitches so fingers crossed for her please.
It is warm and overcast here but dry so far.
A day in " for a change " for me so I must get round to a wardrobe clear out, very overdue.
I think and hope that, that corner is in sight Maw you must be exhausted with worry and visiting, take good care when you can.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion