Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(32 Posts)
12Michael Tue 27-Feb-18 06:35:48

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its bright but cold and frosty here in Brackley at the moment , will do my usual day out.
Hoping that if forecast is right the worst weather locally will occur on Thursday or Friday.
Mick

Mapleleaf Tue 27-Feb-18 09:34:28

Ok, I take that back! I've just seen the news, and some areas do have it quite bad. I think we must be one of the lucky areas for now!

silverlining48 Tue 27-Feb-18 09:40:56

We must be lucky too because here in north kent the sky is blue the sun it shines and no sign of snow or even a small frost. No doubt things might change but so far so clear of the white stuff.
Good wishes to all and take care

Greenfinch Tue 27-Feb-18 09:48:43

Same here in Berkshire.No snow to speak of at all this year though we are promised some later in the week.
DGC are desperate for some.They were bought a toboggan about five years ago and have never got to use it.?

David1968 Tue 27-Feb-18 10:03:50

Light snow here in west Lancashire. It seems to be thawing; we're in the shelter of Morecambe Bay, which makes our weather "milder".

silverlining48 Tue 27-Feb-18 10:11:34

Thick snow 10 miles away, the grand children are having snowball fights and building snowmen. School closed....but still nought here, though the sun has gone and it’s a bit greyer.

Baggs Tue 27-Feb-18 14:10:07

Good afternoon, peeps! I'm usually up early but often too early to post on what I regard as Mick's thread! It would seem rude to pip him to the first post. Then I'm out of GN radar for a few hours and often crash out for a nap.

The beast from the east hasn't really hit here yet. There have been snow sprinklings (one's happening as I speak) and it's very cold.

Planning to make nutella frangipane empanadas...