Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(29 Posts)
12Michael Tue 20-Mar-18 06:24:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its mild but wet here in Brackley this morning, snow very little to see.
Managed to finish my bathroom off yesterday.
Usual day away today.
Mick

kittylester Tue 20-Mar-18 06:29:58

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's cold but dry in North Leicestershire. Well done on finishing your decorating Mick and enjoy your day out.

I have desk work this morning and then a course this afternoon.

Gagagran Tue 20-Mar-18 06:40:49

Good Morning Mick, Kitty and all who follow. The sun is shining here on the south coast and the remnants of the snow are now few and far between. The temperature is set to rise today - hurrah!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

NanKate Tue 20-Mar-18 06:42:03

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Snow mostly gone here in South Bucks.

DS 43 has stayed with us over night as he is working away from home today. We have put a breakfast tray ready for him with a choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, fruit juice etc, just like a B and B would ? It’s lovely to have him dropping by.

NanKate Tue 20-Mar-18 06:42:37

Morning to you too Gaga

oldgoat Tue 20-Mar-18 06:43:41

Morning mick andkitty
Dry this morning in York. It's GS2's school Easter church service this morning. I will really miss them when he moves on to secondary school in the summer. The singing is lovely and the church will be packed so I'll have to go early to bag a seat.
Have a good day.

NfkDumpling Tue 20-Mar-18 07:04:12

Morning All

After overnight rain it's brightening here in Norfolk now and warming up nicely. The mini-daffs are standing upright again, but the helebores are looking decidedly miserably. I don't think the frost did them much good.

I got my dates wrong and its today the tree appeal bloke is due to come. I don't know why I'm bothering (or getting nervous) - spite I think as the council person who came (a year ago) was so nasty. Anyone would have thought I was murdering her mother not wanting to take eight foot of one branch of an enormous tree.

Marydoll Tue 20-Mar-18 07:04:23

Good morning all, cold but sunny here.
Up early to take the car for it's first service. I'm going to get a telling off, as it has only done 1000 miles, so hardly broken in.
I shall have a wee wander around the retail park whilst waiting for it. I have to pick DGD up at nursery later, so I hope it is a quick service.
Enjoy your Easter service Old Goat,, it's lovely to hear the children singing. It always brings a tear to my eye.
Have a good day all.

NfkDumpling Tue 20-Mar-18 07:04:40

off.

NfkDumpling Tue 20-Mar-18 07:07:05

The 'off' was a typo correction - not a derogatory statement! I think I'd like to come to the Easter service with you Old Goat. It might restore my equilibrium. I feel all uptight this morning.

whitewave Tue 20-Mar-18 07:14:00

Good morning all

Everyone seems to have packed days!! So enjoy them.

I feed the birds every day and amongst the stuff I put out are dried meal worms which really are the most popular. Sat here in the conservatory with a cup of tea watching a magpie hoovering them up and burying them! He’s putting bits of stone and moss over them. I had no idea that they did that. Foreword thinking, clever bird.

Weather started off bright and sunny ? now grey and trying to ⛄️ - that’s the South Downs. But it is set to rise to 9c today.

Good bye

whitewave Tue 20-Mar-18 07:16:09

nfk I would gradually chip bits off the tree ? without saying anything. Decide to do that and you can smile sweetly at whatever the jobsworth says.

cornergran Tue 20-Mar-18 07:22:35

Morning All. Bright start in our corner of Somerset, the shrubs still have a snowy hat but the rest has disappeared. I’d be uptight as well, nfk, sometimes things we worry about are nowhere near as bad as we fear. Hope that’s the case for you. Off for a legal appointment this morning, expecting to be blinded with legalese. Granny detail later. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

Pittcity Tue 20-Mar-18 07:30:51

Good morning from a cold, wet but no longer freezing Colchester.
Haircut this morning and food shopping to do.

Nana3 Tue 20-Mar-18 07:40:25

Good morning from Lancashire, the sun is shining so I will ignore the cleaning jobs this morning and go for a walk.
Have a good day everyone.

whitewave Tue 20-Mar-18 07:41:05

Forgot

Happy Spring Equinox.

Days longer than nights from now on - yippee!

NannyJan53 Tue 20-Mar-18 07:41:54

Good Morning all

Snow has almost gone and it's blue skies here in the Black Country.

U3A Tap Dance group this morning, then a coffee after with some of the group.

Probably ironing this afternoon hmm

Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Tue 20-Mar-18 07:54:25

Morning everyone.

Slightly warmer in Kent this morning and the wind has dropped but still grey skies.
H needs to buy a new plastic cover for his mini greenhouse as there are now two large holes. I told him to wait a week or so before putting it on but he knew best !

ginny Tue 20-Mar-18 08:02:27

Good morning. The sun keeps trying to peep through. Otherwise dry and a little warmer here in N. Bucks.

ginny Tue 20-Mar-18 08:04:52

Too soon !
Quiet morning while D H goes to fix his Mums heating. Cleared out the garage yesterday and will have a go at the spare bedroom today.

Greyduster Tue 20-Mar-18 08:08:15

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A dull start in South Yorkshire, and we have had a bit of rain by the look of it. At least the snow has gone, but it has ruined one of my nicest hellebores - broken stems; very sad. A trip to town today to search out some new bedroom curtains. Have a good day, folks.

MawBroon Tue 20-Mar-18 08:10:04

Good morning everybody. Snow all gone here in N Bucks apart from a little in the odd corner. And the temperature is rising at last. I have no obligations today but need to retrieve Hattie’s coat from the kennels where we left it the other week!
(Such energy Ginny! I would have thought it much too cold to be anywhere near a garage yesterday!)

silverlining48 Tue 20-Mar-18 08:22:16

Good morning everyone, it’s grey and probably cold outside here in kent. I will find out later when I go to meet a friend for lunch,
Lit the newish burner last night, it really throws out some heat and it’s only a 5 kw in a large room, but we are snug, as the proverbial bugs.
Have a day of peace and contentment all.

harrigran Tue 20-Mar-18 08:22:47

Good morning, much brighter this morning and the snow has thawed.
We have been chasing the plumber for weeks, the bathroom leak is serious now, he says he will come tomorrow.
Tonight is our monthly Antiquarian society meeting where I will improve my knowledge of the area.

Tippy22 Tue 20-Mar-18 08:33:25

Good morning everyone. Lovely bright blue sky here in East Sussex. Babyminding again today after 2 days of doing nothing. Procrastination seems to be the order of the day just lately. Enjoy your day everyone.