Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Wednesday

(28 Posts)
12Michael Wed 23-May-18 06:39:40

Good Morning Everyone,
its grey over brackley with some wind this morning, could be thundery this morning.
Quiet day in again with cycle race couch potato .
Mick

Gagagran Wed 23-May-18 06:44:22

Morning Mick and everyone

A nice sunny, breezy start to Wednesday here on the south coast but the forecast shows possibility of thunderstorms later.

No choir this evening as we have a week to recover from the concert last Saturday. I must do a bit more in the garden after yesterday's big effort to make it look nice for the family gathering at the weekend. Not that they will notice - too much chatter will be ongoing!

Enjoy your day everyone. sunshine

NanKate Wed 23-May-18 06:45:18

Morning Mick and All.

Hoping for the cloud cover to go and sun to come out later. Sun, rain and thunderstorms due for this weekend in the south. Glad it wasn’t like this for the wedding.

Lots of little jobs to be done today such as making spag Bol to take to the GSs.

cornergran Wed 23-May-18 06:45:41

Morning Mick. Morning All. Awake unreasonably early to a cloudy sky. Out for the day today, a mooch round shops and lunch with a friend. Enjoy the cycling mick. Hope Wednesday is kind to everyone.

NanKate Wed 23-May-18 06:46:13

And morning to you Gaga too.

NanKate Wed 23-May-18 06:46:53

And you Corner.

ffinnochio Wed 23-May-18 06:49:35

Good Morning Mick, and to you all!

The promise of another suny day lies ahead.

silverlining48 Wed 23-May-18 07:02:20

Good morning everyone, have woken here in the south east to a grey day with a promuse of heavy rain later. The entire contents of the garage which includes work tools lay on the lawn....not sure we have sufficient to cover it all.
Heres to a sunny day!

harrigran Wed 23-May-18 07:26:10

Good morning from an overcast north.
On standby again for childcare so staying at home today.

NfkDumpling Wed 23-May-18 07:30:02

Morning All

Grey overhead with a brisk northerly chilly wind here in the north of Norfolk. Are you in Norwich with all that sun ffinnochio? We’re only 10 miles out! Being closer to the sea is a mixed blessing!

No plans for today other than exciting stuff like cleaning.

gillybob Wed 23-May-18 07:30:57

Where did the summer go ?

Good morning Mick and everyone, from a rather dull North East coast. Off to work. Hope it’s a nicer day where you are .

kittylester Wed 23-May-18 07:32:39

Morning all!

It's dull in North Leicestershire but there is sun in the forecast.

Another stint at the Cathedral today and then the school run.

Enjoy your days everyone.

ninathenana Wed 23-May-18 07:39:44

Morning all.

Dull start again in Kent. Yesterday turned out to be a glorious day., so I'm hoping for a repeat.
No plans today, just a go with the flow day.

ginny Wed 23-May-18 07:40:50

Good morning.
Overcast and a bit breezy in N. Bucks this morning. I’m out all day at the sewing group. DGS coming for a sleepover later .

Pittcity Wed 23-May-18 07:44:13

Good morning from a cloudy, breezy Colchester. Looks like another warm, dry day.
Going into London today so missing usual Wednesday coffee meetup.

jusnoneed Wed 23-May-18 07:55:06

Morning all.
Started off cloudy but the sun is burning some of that off now, nice cool breeze so hope that stays.
No work today and I have the house to myself yay! OH is off to Portland fishing in an hour or so.

Nana3 Wed 23-May-18 07:58:16

Good morning, the sun is still shining in Lancashire. Looking forward to a North West meet up today.
Have a good day everyone.

Besstwishes Wed 23-May-18 07:59:10

Dull and cloudy here in the South, put loads of stuff in the car yesterday to go to the tip, queued for about 20 minutes and the boot refused to open!

Off to the garage today to get them to sort it out, thankfully I didn’t put the garden waste in there, lots of ants in amongst it.

Have a good day everyone, hope the sun comes out.

Greyduster Wed 23-May-18 08:10:06

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Grey and cool here in South Yorkshire but it is set to improve later. My cold has improved a bit, so I may try and get out later on. I have to take something back to Marks, but the trip into town may be a bridge too far today. Have a nice day all.

Anniebach Wed 23-May-18 08:12:32

Good morning all x

MawBroon Wed 23-May-18 08:19:24

Good morning from London where it looks a bit overcast.
We have got over Daddy’s departure with a little help from CBeebies.
Let’s hope the rest of the day is as smooth. He is missing his mummy though sad as she has to stay in Manchester until next week. ( I try to avoid the “M” word!)
??”Bong along” music class this morning! grin

Panache Wed 23-May-18 08:24:09

Good Morning all.

The weather had us fooled yesterday,after a grey start it turned out beautifully warm and it looks much the same this morning.
More promising news too,my DH`s monthly health check was good,my leg has started healing and we had a very pleasant day out,lunch and my hair do plus a lovely walk around the tiny boutique shops in the Town we visited.

So a peaceful day needed to recover as the weekend looks as though it is all systems go for this much needed `op of mine.

So I think a day of enjoying the sunshine whilst I have the opportunity is very much "on the cards."

Wishing each one of you health and happiness this day.

TerriBull Wed 23-May-18 09:05:15

Good morning everybody, a bit grey here in the south east waiting for the sun to come out. We may do a NT visit today we don't use our membership nearly enough, I quite fancy Cliveden which isn't too far from us, we've done all the very nearby places, or failing that, we may just go to the garden centre to buy some more plants. Decisions! decisions!

NanKate Wed 23-May-18 09:25:17

Hi Terri we go to Cliveden at least once a fortnight as the walk to the Orangery is pleasant from the car park, the coffee and cakes are good too. Then we do a circuit down from the house and then up to the Long Garden into the Oriental Garden, quick look in the shop and then we go home.

They are renovating the whole of that café in the near future, which is a shame as I like the feel of being in a big old fashioned glass house. Have fun.

DanniRae Wed 23-May-18 09:26:59

Good Morning All from a grey South East London. Quite a day ahead because...............I am having my toe nails cut by the podiatrist. Hoorah!! Then I can paint them a lovely dark red.
I hope you all have as good a day as me grin