Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(27 Posts)
12Michael Tue 29-May-18 06:44:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey but dry start here in Brackley this morning, hope it clears later as I will be off out.
Mick

MawBroon Tue 29-May-18 06:46:47

Good morning Mick and all to come.
Bit of a misty grey morning so far here in N Bucks, but it is very early yet so who knows what is to come.
Wishing you all a pleasant day! ?

cornergran Tue 29-May-18 06:48:11

Morning Mick. Morning All. Snap, grey start in our corner of Somerset too. Feels warm though. Catch up day today, back to the admin. Hope Tuesday is kind to everyone.

cornergran Tue 29-May-18 06:48:37

Morning maw

kittylester Tue 29-May-18 06:52:06

Morning Mick, morning Maw, morning all!

It's grey and drizzly today in North Leicestershire. We have Bertie and Persie today and tomorrow and the plan for today for dh to take them for walk while I am volunteering.

NanKate Tue 29-May-18 06:54:05

Morning Mick and All.

Grey and damp in West Sussex.

Last day looking after the GSs, it has been fun, lots of laughter, a few tears, many games, we are totally knackered but wouldn’t have it any other way. I just long to creep into my own bed.

NanKate Tue 29-May-18 06:54:53

Hi Kitty

Gagagran Tue 29-May-18 06:59:39

Good Morning everyone.

It feels cooler and is breezy and cloudy here on the south coast. The weather forecast is not very promising with thundery showers on the menu. We'll see.

I am planning to reorganise a large kitchen cupboard this morning, mainly because I can't fit back in all the "posh" dishes etc that I had out for the weekend family gathering! They came out of there so they should fit back in but at present they don't!

Enjoy your day folks! sunshine

Nana3 Tue 29-May-18 07:27:51

Good morning all. I can't believe how hot and sunny it's been in Lancashire, I'm usually so envious of everyone else's weather.
Singing group for me today, couldn't actually call the sounds I make singing though.
Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Tue 29-May-18 07:44:16

Morning everyone.

Misty and rainng in Kent. This wasn't supposed to happen until tomorrow. Yesterday was a beautiful 30c and we were forecast a repeat but then I always take the forecast with a pinch of salt.
H has a telephone appointment with GP this morning to review his new tables, which I don't think are helping, we will see.

Marydoll Tue 29-May-18 08:01:27

Good morning all, it's very clammy in Glasgow this morning.
Off to St Andrew's for the day. Hopefully a game of putting on the Old Course and a fish tea will be on the agenda.
Have a good day all.

silverlining48 Tue 29-May-18 08:09:39

Good morning everyone
It’s grey and miserable here in kent, it’s just started raining, and couldn’t be more different from yesterday, a glorious hot sunny day which we spent with dd and gcs.
I too have a doctors phone appointment this morning. Not sure why but will find out soon enough....
Have a good day all.

NfkDumpling Tue 29-May-18 08:21:51

Morning All

Overcast and breezy in the north of Norfolk. I’m home and (fairly) comfortably residing on one of the DGDs beds which DH has moved to the garden room for a couple of days. It means I don’t need to tackle the stairs or risk negotiating our tiny landing in the middle of the night. Nice view of the garden and perfect for receiving visitors!

Anniebach Tue 29-May-18 08:28:28

Good morning all x

Nfk , relax , look at the garden and hope you get lots of spoiling x

Pittcity Tue 29-May-18 08:28:36

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. Rain has been forecast for the last 3 days and hasn't arrived...maybe today?
Walking into town to get my fringe trimmed and a bit of shopping then back to tackle the ironing.

Mapleleaf Tue 29-May-18 08:41:46

Good morning everyone,
Rather overcast here this morning, but not cold.
Hope you soon feel much better, nfk. Looking out at your garden should help. ?
Meeting some friends later, then, like Pittcity, must tackle the ironing.

Menopaws Tue 29-May-18 08:48:43

Day off today and tomorrow yippee, plan long walk with dog today now my legs are back to normal!

Sar53 Tue 29-May-18 08:55:42

Good morning from Essex by the sea. It was pouring with rain when we woke up at 7 but the sun has now appeared. I have a car full of junk to take to the recycling centre this morning and then some food shopping. Happy days.

Greyduster Tue 29-May-18 09:19:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I am a late riser today! It is grey and cool in South Yorkshire. I have to go to the library and try and buy some plant supports - Mrs Bradshaw is lolling around all over the place and making a nuisance of herself! Have a good day folks.

Greyduster Tue 29-May-18 09:21:22

Hope you’re feeling ok, NfK - no place like home!

harrigran Tue 29-May-18 09:24:18

Good morning, sea mist reaching us this morning and we are several miles inland.
Need to catch up on washing and housework after the long weekend.

TerriBull Tue 29-May-18 09:54:34

Good morning. Grey and overcast here in the south east after what turned out to be a lovely day yesterday. It looks like we are in for a mixed bag with the weather for the rest of the week.

Ironing, gym and some cooking today.

Menopaws Tue 29-May-18 10:22:22

And now it's pouring , typical!

ginny Tue 29-May-18 10:25:00

Good morning all. Has been raining this morning near Weymouth but looks like it is brightening up now.
Rest of family have gone off to a Tank museum. I have no interest so have stayed behind with the dogs. Enjoying the quiet with my knitting and reading.
Enjoy the day.

MawBroon Tue 29-May-18 10:35:34

Still very misty and cool, but having “gone without” for my fasting blood test an hour ago, I am tucked up and warm with a coffee and almond croissant in Waitrose coffee shop blush
The day is getting better by the minute!