Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Thursday

(28 Posts)
12Michael Thu 07-Jun-18 06:31:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but bright here in Brackley expecting another warm day today usual Thursday out.
Mick

NfkDumpling Thu 07-Jun-18 06:38:13

Morning Mick, morning All

A lovely summers morning it is too here in the north of Norfolk. I hope it lasts over the weekend as I’ve just booked tickets for a club bbq on Saturday. My first outing!

A bit stiff and sore today as I attempted some light weeding yesterday. Nothing planned for today, just enjoying the weather.

MawBroon Thu 07-Jun-18 06:40:40

Good morning Mick and those to come.
A clear and bright morning. Looks as if it will be a lovely day but I am too tired after driving from my lovely day at Chatsworth Flower Show plus 4+hours’ motorway driving, to think of doing much!

MawBroon Thu 07-Jun-18 06:41:16

Sorry NfkDumpling Good Morning!

NfkDumpling Thu 07-Jun-18 06:42:40

Good morning Maw.

NanKate Thu 07-Jun-18 06:46:35

Morning Mick Nfk and All to follow.

Sorry about your stiffness Nfk hope it eases off.

Sun trying to peek through in South Bucks.

Lovely to have DH back after another of his trips to help DS and GSs whilst I stayed at home recovering from a throat infection which is all but gone now.

Off for coffee and a tiny portion of cake for me, as I am calorie counting, to John Lewis for DH to change the rather nice cushion I gave him for is birthday to one he prefers, I knew he would do this ?

NanKate Thu 07-Jun-18 06:47:32

Hope you can get a rest in too Maw.

kittylester Thu 07-Jun-18 06:48:45

Morning all.

It's a bright start in North Leicestershire but I have Sainsbury's and ironing today so it won't impact on me much.

Glad you enjoyed Chatsworth. Maw - have a 'big sit diwn' as Persie calls it.

loopyloo Thu 07-Jun-18 06:57:05

Good morning everyone. Today I am tidying up after having the new patio doors put in. Drying the the curtains and rehanging them etc. Then collecting the DGC from schools and giving them tea.

Marydoll Thu 07-Jun-18 07:01:14

Good morning all, bright sunshine here in Glasgow.
Asthma clinic and a little bit of shopping
Have a good day everyone.

stevierichards1954 Thu 07-Jun-18 07:05:10

Hello all to another sunny day in west Midlands. Another day in garden and more sun cream. Got a nice tan yesterday with only couple of white bits Lol.

cornergran Thu 07-Jun-18 07:14:16

Morning All. Seems our corner of Somerset is destined for cloud. No idea what we will do today. Little energy so may also have a ‘big sit down’ if I can steal persies phrase kitty. Hope Thursday is kind to everyone.

silverlining48 Thu 07-Jun-18 07:15:59

Good morning all. Sun trying to come out, I hope, off to double hospital appt with dh today, a second hearing aid and a Swim plug....a?!?! Then appt to see ENT consultant. Hoping to book a nice seaside break to celebrate a coming big birthday, can try out that swim plug.
Have a happy and peaceful day people.

Alygran Thu 07-Jun-18 07:20:13

Morning from a cloudy North Yorkshire. Off on a minibus trip to the National Memorial Arboretum today. This is an event in our ‘Thankful Village’ centenary celebrations (or should that be commemorations). I think it will be very moving.
Have a good day everyone.

winterwhite Thu 07-Jun-18 07:24:49

The sea-break sounds good Silverlining, but what is a sea plug?
Bit greyish and cool here. Gardening this morning in case it gets too hot later

Pittcity Thu 07-Jun-18 07:25:00

Good morning from sunny Colchester after some overnight rain. It's made no difference to the high pollen count and I am suffering.
No plans for today yet, but a pile of ironing is looking at me....

Greyduster Thu 07-Jun-18 07:26:13

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. My, you are all early birds! Grey grey grey in South Yorkshire but promises to brighten later. I am going to fish a local stream today for a couple of hours and then it is school run and a spot of cricket with the boy! Alygran the NMA is on our “to do” list this year. We need to get our finger out! Have a good day folks!

gillybob Thu 07-Jun-18 07:27:11

Good morning all . A bit brighter than of late here on the NE coast . Just getting ready to accompany my dad to the funeral of a good friend of his . Then off to work to catch up .

Have a good Thursday everyone .

ginny Thu 07-Jun-18 07:47:20

Good morning all.
Looking after DGS today. Taking him to see his Great Grandma.
Sewing group this evening.

Panache Thu 07-Jun-18 07:53:15

A good morning to you all from another pleasant summer morning here on the coast in Wales.

Indeed everything is beginning to take shape nicely as the garden chores get done and perhaps somewhere along the way there will be time just to simply enjoy the sunshine!!!

Dental appointment over and another peaceful day hopefully awaiting.

Sounds as if perhaps you attempted a job too far NFKD........whilst Silverlinings you seem to have too many of "those" appointments...........whilst I think a good rest is in order Maw for both yourself and Hattie.

May the day and weather be kind to you all.

Gagagran Thu 07-Jun-18 08:13:45

Morning all!

Just back from the weekly supermarket trip and had breakfast. It's a grey day here on the south coast with an odd sprinkle of rain drops.

Slept badly after choir last night when we started on our new programme for the Christmas concert. I couldn't turn off my brain so I expect there may well be some zzzzzzzzz later.

How did the viewing go Panache?

Have a good day folks sunshine

Anniebach Thu 07-Jun-18 08:31:21

Good morning all x

celialillian Thu 07-Jun-18 17:03:56

good afternoon everyone, 12Michael are you in Brackley near Banbury Oxon. I lived in Banbury for 28yrs. I am now living in Weymouth Dorset..I loved the Oxfordshire countryside, I did a lot of walking there.I do love living near the sea though and am still doing some walking but the mileage is shorter.sadly the bones cant take it.

celialillian Thu 07-Jun-18 17:19:37

yes (corner grey) it is the same in Weymouth. Dorset. a drab cloudy day. Yesterday was gorgeous, my friend and I sat overlooking the calm tranquil sea drinking coffee. such a contrast today.

celialillian Thu 07-Jun-18 17:23:28

Sorry! cornergran your not cornergrey, I need knew glasses...