Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good morning friday

(47 Posts)
stevierichards1954 Fri 08-Jun-18 05:06:53

For a few a start to long weekend. Overcast here but it may change in west mids. How is everyone?

jenpax Fri 08-Jun-18 05:30:28

Wow another early bird? weather too early to tell in Dorset.
I am staying with DD 1 as I have just come out of a 7 week stay in hospital and am signed off work til I recover . Hoping the weather is nice as it’s just so lovely to be out in the fresh air see the greenery and hear the birds?
Hope you have a great day everyone

stevierichards1954 Fri 08-Jun-18 05:51:15

Hope you are on road to full recovery jenpax
Xxx

12Michael Fri 08-Jun-18 06:21:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Beaten to it again this morning despite getting up earlier , its been raining here in Brackley this morning , but looks like a reasonable day.
Mick

Gagagran Fri 08-Jun-18 06:30:00

I think most of the regulars were waiting for you Mick. Good Morning!

It's looking less cloudy here on the south coast so we may get some more sunshine than we did yesterday, which was very dull.

The garden needs some attention today and I must make a cake to welcome DD back from a conference in Brussels. (NOT Brexit linked! A cancer research conference)

Have a good day folks. sunshine

MawBroon Fri 08-Jun-18 06:39:12

(I too was waiting for you to open our usual thread and am glad that nothing seems to be amiss.)
So, “Good morning” Mick and everybody from my corner of N Bucks where the curtains are not yet open! But I think it is set to be a nice day.
Off to London this afternoon to catch the Eurostar to Brussels with our DDs who are taking me away for the weekend as a birthday present (back in March actually, but this was the first weekend all 4 of us were free)
So moules et frites, unusual beers, Tintin and chocolate here I come!
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

silverlining48 Fri 08-Jun-18 06:40:08

Morning, been awake as usual since 5 ish. Meeting a gn friend this morning and then plan to book a week away, somewhere sur la continent.
Have a good day all.

stevierichards1954 Fri 08-Jun-18 07:00:43

Morning mick.
I am always up early but sometimes not online

ninathenana Fri 08-Jun-18 07:07:02

Morning all

Kent seems to have settled into a pattern, dull start then the sun comes out about 10am. Hope today is the same.
Helping DD move today, after it was delayed from last week.
We had an unexpected meal out with friends who are over from France last night which was lovely.
jenpax hope you are soon back to full health. My auto correct thinks your name should be jetpack smile

Marydoll Fri 08-Jun-18 07:08:54

Good morning Mick and all. Cool and grey in Glasgow, I hope it warms up. First child Minding day with DGD, in 10 days after being on her hols with mum and dad.We have missed her so much. If the weather is like yesterday, the paddling pool will be out for the first time.
I'm trying a new anaesthetic pain killing patch on my hands today, as a last resort. The only thing is, it is huge and doesn't colour co- ordinate with my outfit!? I hope it works!
Maw, I'm so, so envious of you. Have a wonderful time.
Enjoy your day, everyone.

kittylester Fri 08-Jun-18 07:16:40

Morning all! I get confused when Mick isn't first!

I think we had rain overnight in North Leicestershire and who forgot to take the cushions in? blush It's quite sticky and greyish at the moment.

A day of pootling and faffing for me and then out to DH's volunteering awards event tonight.

gillybob Fri 08-Jun-18 07:19:49

Good morning Stevie , Mick and everyone. A bit of a grey start again here on the NE coast. I think it might brighten up later like it did yesterday.

Hope you have the best time Maw what a lovely birthday present !

Hope the sun comes out for the paddling pool Marydoll sunshine and the painkiller patch does the job.

Have a good Friday everyone .

NanKate Fri 08-Jun-18 07:21:11

Morning Mick And All.

Off to do some last minute shopping in our small town in readiness for a few days holiday next week at relatives who live in The Midlands. We definitely need a rest and am looking forward to a relaxing few days.

Must catch up with some paperwork which I hate.

NanKate Fri 08-Jun-18 07:24:44

I agree Kitty I always look out for Mick when I first come on GN in the morning.

Hope the patches work Marydoll

Mapleleaf Fri 08-Jun-18 07:33:57

Good morning, everyone.
It looks like we have had a drop of rain through the night as the ground is damp. It’s still rather grey now, but not raining at the moment.
Continuing with clearing dining room and lounge today, ready to start decorating. It takes so long just to prepare the rooms, doesn’t it??
Hope you are soon back to full recovery, jenpax.
Enjoy your break, NanKate.
Hope the pain patch works Marydoll.

LynneB59 Fri 08-Jun-18 07:37:23

Woke up at my usual time of 6.15, then remembered I've got the day off work. Nice.

It's grey and dull, so a day of housework today.

Greyduster Fri 08-Jun-18 07:37:50

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is raining and cool in South Yorkshire, after yesterday’s scorching afternoon. A swim this morning, and then out looking at tiles and stuff later - my cup runneth over! Have a good day, folks!

ginny Fri 08-Jun-18 07:40:38

Good morning. It is looking a bit dull here in N. Bucks. I’m wondering where the promised heat wave has got to. SW and then gardening. Yesterday went all pear shaped so hoping today will be a better one.
Maw , your weekend sounds great , enjoy !

Menopaws Fri 08-Jun-18 07:56:49

I'm going to a wedding today but the dress I ordered on Tuesday and next day delivery hasn't arrived! I have another I am happy with but bit of a pain, should have done it earlier!

Pittcity Fri 08-Jun-18 08:00:14

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Need to go shopping again..why are my cupboards always bare?

cornergran Fri 08-Jun-18 08:07:59

Morning All. Grey again in our corner of Somerset. From the forecast the sun has deserted us for the foreseeable future. Admin this morning, blood test for Mr C then a food order being delivered later. Nothing exciting. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

Panache Fri 08-Jun-18 08:14:43

A good morning to you all.........and indeed it is all change weather ways here in west Wales............quite a deluge overnight and still raining.

That will put paid to some of the garden chores for sure!!!

Gagagran you asked about our viewing...........so far there has been no feed back though the couple as Christians did say they would need to pray on this being the right house for them..............so we are in the lap of our God.

What a lovely uplifting treat Maw,need I say Enjoy?!!Plus a belated Happy Birthday.

Wishing you a full recovery Jenpax,and hoping those patches help your hands Marydoll.....fingers crossed for you.

Have yourselves a good day folks smile

Anniebach Fri 08-Jun-18 08:21:15

Good morning all x

Yiayia4 Fri 08-Jun-18 08:34:38

Good Morning from A cloudy Surrey,my first post,
got the courage at last.Busy day looking after my GS,have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Fri 08-Jun-18 08:50:51

Welcome Yiayia4 and keep posting!