Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(42 Posts)
12Michael Sun 10-Jun-18 06:10:43

Good Morning Everyone,
Up a little earlier this morning , anyway its looking grey this morning with a freshening wind here in Brackley .
Mick

silverlining48 Sun 10-Jun-18 09:05:53

Thanks greyduster, have had my last meal ( eggs on toast)
And my last cuppa til tomorrow afternoon. Not looking firward to the prep today, will be staying close to facilities....

silverlining48 Sun 10-Jun-18 09:07:01

Thanks corner. Fingers crossed.

kittylester Sun 10-Jun-18 09:26:55

Morning all!

I thought I posted ages ago nina but obviously not properly. grin

It's sort of greyish in North Leicestershire and we are going to be gardening and buying mouse traps!

We know how to live!!

LynneB59 Sun 10-Jun-18 09:39:44

It's overcast here in Nottingham. I had a late night out last night, so I'm being lazy this morning but I'll do some gardening later.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 10-Jun-18 10:27:18

Good morning all, overcast here in SE Essex.

Leg is sore after cinema yesterday, so it is yet again elevated on sofa.

Wishing all gransnetters a lovely relaxing Sunday.

Wishing all 'poorly' folk feel better than yesterday and are on the mend.

silverlining48 hope all goes well tomorrow, my friend had this procedure last week, and she was very pleased to find out that she actually lost 2pound!!

NanKate Sun 10-Jun-18 10:32:42

Mouse traps Kitty aaaaaahhhhhhhh ?????

Rufus2 Mon 11-Jun-18 03:32:10

G'Day Mick;
Don't know you, yet, but I'm Rufus2 OAP, OBE, living in OZ and celebrating our long week-end Public Holiday in honour of our Queen's Official Birthday.
How's that for loyalty? grin Trooping the colours looked marvellous on TV as usual and such weather!
Just like ours this week-end; Lots of sunshine; not bad for mid-winter.
As they say; "The sun always shines on the righteous" smile
And Happy Birthday to the Prince. 97 years young!

Hope to pop in again soon, if the door is still open, that is! hmm
Ta-Ra and Good Health to All. wine

MawBroon Mon 11-Jun-18 09:35:02

Isn’t it Monday yet in Oz Rufus?

NfkDumpling Mon 11-Jun-18 09:37:24

AARGH! Don’t confuse me!

Rufus2 Wed 13-Jun-18 01:48:33

AARGH! Don’t confuse me!

Don't worry about that Nfk! Just stand on your head and all about the Southern Hemisphere will be revealed. grin It's quite easy really. Just remember we are 9 hours ahead!
MawBroon; it's already Wednesday here!; not far to the shortest day. Then Spring. Lovely Jubbly.! smile
Weather in Melbourne cool, showery; 15C feels like 5. sad
BTW; Didn't realise there would be so many retired TV weather presenters in the cafe! smile
Interesting "snapshots" and reminders of all those warm summer holidays we had in England. wink
Good Health

Marydoll Wed 13-Jun-18 06:38:43

Rufus, now I'm confused! ?
If it's already Wednesday where you are, why are you not posting on the *Good morning, Wednesday thread???

NfkDumpling Wed 13-Jun-18 06:40:00

I’ve just posted on Mick’s Good Morning Wednesday and already you’re looking forward to your tea! You’ll have to post on his Good Mornings as a Good Evening then! It was light here this morning at 3.30am as we head for the longest day. I loved Melbourne when we visited - look forward to your posts.

Rufus2 Thu 14-Jun-18 08:20:33

^Rufus, now I'm confused! ?
If it's already Wednesday where you are, why are you not posting on the *Good morning, Wednesday thread^

Marydoll; I honestly don't know! Now I'm also confused. confused Don't know whether I'm coming or going, Arthur or Martha! sad

Don't despair! I'm working out a cunning plan which might just work. All will be revealed shortly, I hope!
BTW it's nearly tea-time here on Thursday, 13C, feels like 3. sad
Blow it! I think I'll down to the pub for fish and chips with Son No.1 whose down here from Brisbane on business and who can't wait to get back home where it's 25C
It'll save on the cooking and washing-up .
Might as well live-it-up whilst I can still remember where the pub is. wink

Good Health and Cheers wine wine

Cherrytree59 Thu 14-Jun-18 08:33:33

grin wine

Marydoll Thu 14-Jun-18 08:35:24

???

Rufus2 Thu 14-Jun-18 14:42:26

I loved Melbourne when we visited - look forward to your posts.
Thank you Nfk for your encouraging comment. smile
Very interested in your ref. to your Melbourne visit, but you didn't say when.
If it was last month you wouldn't see much difference today; we came here in 1971 and Wow!
Just like England, probably, but it's now overfull with people and cars.
Back then we could take a very relaxing Sunday drive up into the Dandenong Ranges, which may remember, and have a very pleasant "Devonshire Tea" at one of the many restaurants,
But now it's a case of joining the Sunday rush hour traffic and being scared of running up the back of the car in front or more likely being shunted. sad
Your favourite tourist spots are still there; baby penguins at Phillip Island , Sovereign Hill, etc, but getting harder to get to, something akin to all those lovely idyllic Cornish harbour villages. Very nice when you're there.
Anyway, next time you're Down Under drop us a line prior and pop in for a "comfort stop", You'll be very welcome. smile

Good Health and more Cheers wine wine