Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(28 Posts)
12Michael Mon 11-Jun-18 06:28:10

Good Morning Everyone,
Its nice bright sunny morning here in Brackley this morning, usual day for me etc.
Mick

Marydoll Mon 11-Jun-18 06:39:27

Good morning Mick,? I hope you are well.
DH is playing golf, so I'm wide awake, as he does make rather a lot of noise.
Another pleasant morning here. My plan is to catch up on all my neglected chores....that is if I can summon up the energy.
Enjoy your day everyone.

NfkDumpling Mon 11-Jun-18 06:47:34

Morning All

The forecast last evening was that the cloud would roll back again from the sea overnight and may burn off later - so of course we have a lovely, sunny, cloud free, balmy morning here in the north of Norfolk!

Not a good night last night. Couldn’t get comfortable and have been up since four. It will get better. DS’s dog has settled into his holiday, had his breakfast and is dozing happily in the sun. DH is still asleep. A lazy day in store.

Gagagran Mon 11-Jun-18 06:48:31

Morning Mick and *Mary and everyone!

It looks like another nice day in store for us here on the south coast. Laundry is already on and nearly ready for the line.

I am achey today after we pruned back the front garden shrubs yesterday. They were trying to reach half way up the front windows. It is not difficult with the electric hedge clippers but clearing up involves a good work-out with lots of bending and stretching. It looks much tidier and better for the "haircut"!

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

gillybob Mon 11-Jun-18 06:59:14

Good morning Mick and everyone.

It looks like is going to be a lovely day here on the NE coast, but sadly it’s Monday so it’s back to that place where the sun don’t shine . I’m sure weekends are getting shorter, or is that I did so much work in the garden yesterday that the day just seemed to fly over?

I’m on grandchildren duty (school runs and overnights) most of this week so it’s going to be a busy one.

Have a good Monday everyone..... x

kittylester Mon 11-Jun-18 07:01:24

Good morning all!

It looks a lovely and bright start in North Leicestershire. We had a lovely day yesterday and got a fair bit of gardening done as well as some sitting in the sun.

ginny Mon 11-Jun-18 07:16:53

Good morning. Still cloud covering in. N. Bucks but looks promising.
Taking DGS to hiss swimming lesson this morning as his Mummy is not able to. Hopefully will get a rambling rose and clematis planted this afternoon as DH is making a new archway at the entrance to the garden.

ninathenana Mon 11-Jun-18 07:22:46

Morning everyone.

Cloudy start again in Kent. The sun didn't appear until 3 pm yesterday. When it does it's lovely but these grey starts are depressing.
Going to DD's today to help settle her into new flat. It was a mad weekend as her partner was admitted to hospital with kidney failure an unfortunate side effect of his T1 complications.

cornergran Mon 11-Jun-18 07:32:05

Morning All. Bright and sunny in our corner of Somerset. Not sure what the day will bring, other than a mountain of laundry. Hope your daughter’s partner improves today Nina and Monday is kind to everyone.

NanKate Mon 11-Jun-18 07:41:46

Morning Mick and all.

Travelling up to North Leicestershire today for a short much needed holiday. Glad the weather is set fair Kitty. Hope you have caught the runaway mouse at your house. ?

Panache Mon 11-Jun-18 07:44:24

A bright and sun filled monday morning so a very good start to a new week.

Good Morning G.N`s

Having had my fill of fresh sea air yesterday I slept well despite the warmth.
So ready to see what this day and week has to offer.

Wishing you all a pain free and productive day.

Pittcity Mon 11-Jun-18 07:44:24

Good morning from a bright skied Colchester. A sunny day in the offing.
Walking Netball this morning.

ffinnochio Mon 11-Jun-18 07:50:00

Good Morning to you all!
A fine and clear start to the day in Dorset. Chirruping birds and a soft breeze to go with it.

kittylester Mon 11-Jun-18 07:52:36

nina - hope your DD'S partner improves quickly.

Kate an array of traps has produced no mouse. Nor has the cat produced kittens yet! I'm a nervous wreck one way and another.

MawBroon Mon 11-Jun-18 08:02:16

Good morning everybody. N Bucks is bright and sunny again and I have just hung out the washing I did overnight.
I was absolutely bushed by the time I got back last night but the DDs gave me a wonderful weekend.
I have to admit that when I came home, I found myself looking at Paws picture and I shed some tears, just as I did in the Tintin museum in Brussels on Saturday, remembering being there with him just 10 years ago sad
But you can’t wipe out happy memories.
Wishing you all a pleasant day! ?

NanKate Mon 11-Jun-18 08:02:28

What you needKitty is to put your feet up, have a cuppa and a good laugh with a friend. I will see what I can do. ?

Glad you had a good night Panache.

NanKate Mon 11-Jun-18 08:04:30

What wonderful words Maw

‘You can’t wipe out happy memories’.

Greyduster Mon 11-Jun-18 08:04:59

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining on us folk in South Yorkshire. Wasn’t supposed to be, so laundry this morning. School run this afternoon. Nina I also hope your DD’s partner makes a good recovery. Have a happy day folks.

Anniebach Mon 11-Jun-18 08:25:39

Good morning all x

Nana3 Mon 11-Jun-18 08:36:00

Good morning. Sunny in Lancashire, got to get going, lots to do.
Have a good day everyone.

Sar53 Mon 11-Jun-18 08:39:26

Good morning from a, dare I say it, sunny Essex by the sea . Off to meet up with DD2 and DGD2 for some retail therapy then back to stay with her in Kent for a few days. Looking forward to it.

harrigran Mon 11-Jun-18 08:52:50

Good morning, nice and bright here but doubt if I will be going further than my bedroom and the en suite. Only got DH up twice last night but the pain of lying in one position is awful.
GC came yesterday and cheered me up, youngest played poorly people with ambulance, air ambulance and lots of medics. Eldest GD drew me special picture and promised to ask her friend's mum for a recording of the musical she has just appeared in.

NannyJan53 Mon 11-Jun-18 08:53:29

Good Morning from a sunny Black Country.

Enjoyed taking Mum to see Glenn Miller Orchestra on Saturday, then Sunday was a relaxing day at home in the garden.

Off out on a walk with the 'Walking for Health' group this afternoon.

Greyduster Mon 11-Jun-18 08:54:15

harri ??

Mapleleaf Mon 11-Jun-18 08:58:23

Good morning everyone,
As greyduster says, it's a lovely sunny morning here.
Back to the decorating soon - made good headway yesterday so lounge is almost finished. Then it's on with the dining room. Feel a bit achey, but onwards and upwards! ?
Maw flowers. Hold onto those lovely memories.