Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(35 Posts)
12Michael Fri 15-Jun-18 06:23:16

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a nice bright sunny start here in Brackley this morning, usual shop and maybe out later.
Mick

NanKate Fri 15-Jun-18 06:28:48

Good morning Mick and All to follow.

Back home in South Bucks are a lovely few days in North Leicestershire and I had the pleasure of meeting a GN friend for the first time.

Taking it quietly today.

NanKate Fri 15-Jun-18 06:29:35

After not are. Why don’t we have an edit button ?

NfkDumpling Fri 15-Jun-18 06:34:07

Morning Mick, Stevie, Nan, All

Mick had the edge by a few seconds!

Hazy sunshine here in Norfolk this morning. DGrandog woke me at half five - again. He apparently doesn’t do this at home! Still, they get back from Centreparcs this afternoon so he can not wake them tomorrow!

Hairdresser this afternoon, so a nice walk into town for me.

NfkDumpling Fri 15-Jun-18 06:35:56

I didn’t notice the error Nan. An edit button wouldn’t help me. I do preview occasionally and still miss stuff.

gillybob Fri 15-Jun-18 06:40:27

Good morning Mick and everyone . Well yesterday’s hurricane seems to have left us in peace here on the NE coast . This week has been so busy I’m so glad it’s Friday . School run, work, then taking dad for his shopping . A few nights off from childcare now ( well until Monday anyway).

Have a good Friday everyone . smile

kittylester Fri 15-Jun-18 06:43:16

Morning all!

It's a bright start in North Leicestershire and the forecast is good.

We are meeting DH's brother and sil for lunch and then a visit to a NT property and the cat still hasn't had kittens!!

I also met a gn friend for the first time. Guess which one? We only had an hour to chat which was NOT long enough.

NanKate Fri 15-Jun-18 06:43:42

Yes I miss stuff too Nfk.

When I come on GN each morning I look for Mick and that kickstarts my day. And to be honest I need kickstarting sometimes ?

cornergran Fri 15-Jun-18 06:43:57

Morning All. Strange start to the day looking out at our corner of Somerset. Dark cloud at the front, blue sky at the back. Wonder which will win? Hospital for physio at 9am so awake early, not sure after that other than a need to recover. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

NanKate Fri 15-Jun-18 06:45:49

Your cat must have the longest pregnancy ever Kitty. Do tell us when you become Grandma Kitten.

Billybob4491 Fri 15-Jun-18 06:50:28

Busy day today preparing for my granddaughters birthday party tomorrow, hope the weather holds

Marydoll Fri 15-Jun-18 06:53:27

Good morning Mick and all. I have been awake since 4am and waiting for Mick to get up?.
Of course, I then dozed off again.
It's still really breezy here in Glasgow. A catching up day.
Have a good day all.

harrigran Fri 15-Jun-18 06:56:00

Good morning, cloudy this morning but at least the wind has died down.
Progress is being made I managed to make it to the bathroom twice without waking DH.

Gagagran Fri 15-Jun-18 07:03:25

Good Morning Mick and everyone!

It's a lovely sunny start to Friday here on the south coast but we could do with some rain on the garden now - it's a bit dry.

Last GCSE (physics) for DGD today so our taxi duties will ease and we can relax a bit. She has coped very well with the extensive number of exams. We had one three-hour GCE exam in each subject but she has had several one-hour 15 minutes in each subject. Quite a demanding timetable. We have been happy to help out given the lack of public transport in their village and with both parents at work.

Have a good day folks! sunshine

silverlining48 Fri 15-Jun-18 07:17:13

Morning All. Sunny day here in kent, have a good weekend everyone.

MawBroon Fri 15-Jun-18 07:37:08

Good morning Mick and everybody!
Another gorgeous looking day in N Bucks. An Ocado delivery due this morning, bit of tidying and then tea/coffee at a local nursery with Book Group friends.
I had a lovely day in Manchester with another Gransnetter yesterday . We had never actually met before but she commented that it was as if we had known each other all our lives!
Wishing you all a pleasant day. ??

Mapleleaf Fri 15-Jun-18 07:43:04

Good morning * Mick* and everyone.
A lot calmer this morning. Need to get into the garden later to rescue some blown over pots. Can’t get through the back door at the moment though due to all the furniture from the dining room. Carpet fitters due in an hour, then will be able to get the rooms straight again - thank goodness! I’ll be moving furniture gingerly though, as I’ve tweaked my back.sad.
Glad to hear that the meet ups went well, and hope it won’t be long before you meet up again.
Let us know when the kittens arrive, kitty.
Hope today is kind to you all, and all of you recovering from ops, take it steady. ?

Panache Fri 15-Jun-18 07:45:30

Good Morning to everybody...........and yes the sun is still shining in our corner of Wales after a mere blip on wednesday evening.

I am amazed at all the activities you G N`s get up to and I do wonder how you find the time!!
All these "Cloak and dagger" meets amongst you all has me intrigued!!

I actually weilded the secateurs yesterday and hope to even do better today!

Whilst wishing you all a kind and productive day.........or one of sheer relaxation........take your pick!!

MawBroon Fri 15-Jun-18 07:48:19

Nothing “cloak and dagger Panache - annodomini and I just went to the theatre together.

ninathenana Fri 15-Jun-18 07:58:03

Morning everyone.
Fairly bright start in Kent and the wind has dropped.
Spent a few hours yesterday trying to sort out our land line, we currently have no internet so I'm using mobile data something I never do. Won't be posting till it's sorted. They said up to 72 hrs sad

Have a good day everyone

Greyduster Fri 15-Jun-18 08:00:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining in South Yorkshire and it is a lot calmer today. It as so windy yesterday I took the hanging baskets down! I have just had a video of the most violent thunderstorm and torrential rain from DS who is holidaying in Croatia. Swimming for us this morning and then we have a football club picnic in the park before GS comes back to spend the night with us. Have a good day, folks.

Greyduster Fri 15-Jun-18 08:01:58

Hope your back improves soon, Maple!

Anniebach Fri 15-Jun-18 08:14:03

Good morning all x

Gma29 Fri 15-Jun-18 08:15:09

Lovely day in S Leicestershire too, just a bit of housework, and a bit of shopping today. I can feel a good read coming on later

Pittcity Fri 15-Jun-18 08:31:38

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Shopping and housework today. Hoping the weather stays good so I can sit outside with a book while the football is on....tennis is back soon and then I'll be happy.