Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good morning friday

(68 Posts)
stevierichards1954 Fri 15-Jun-18 06:23:24

Hello all. Sunny and bright in west midlands after having a few days away with the son at country retreat. Now a long weekend ahead

kittylester Fri 15-Jun-18 09:50:48

Hi stevie, I think lots of people who post on the Good Morning thread wait until Mick has posted - it just seems 'right' iyswim.

Two threads with the same title mean we might miss the posts of others that we generally look out for. And, being nosy, we might miss vital information like new babies, sad news or even if my cat eventually gives birth rather than following DH around miaowing plaintively!!!! grin

Mapleleaf Fri 15-Jun-18 10:31:55

As I said, kitty, I didn’t mean mick ?. Sorry for the confusion. Perhaps another title would be a good idea, stevie, then we won’t miss anything, as maw suggests. Welcome to the forum, by the way. ?

MawBroon Fri 15-Jun-18 10:45:45

I think the “café” has added an element of confusion or perhaps I just get easily confused
For any who have joined in the last year or so, the “Café” is a relatively new invention and certain threads found themselves there quite at random.
I’m not knocking it per se but for instance Soops Kichen has existed quite happily and very effectively without rebranding as have other threads such as Mick’s “Good Morning —-day” threads.
If a new thread is started I do think it wise not to use an existing thread title ( e.g. how many kitchens could Soop have? grin ) or we risk missing things because they are on the duplicate thread.
I hope that makes some sense Stevie and a very belated “Welcome” to GN smile

Marydoll Fri 15-Jun-18 15:17:59

I too like to wait for Mick.
Despite being up very early most mornings, I would never dream of starting the thread.
It sort of starts my day off.. I'm a creature of habit. ?
For some silly reason, I worry if he doesn't appear, apart from when we know he is on one of his coach tours.
Not really seen you posting much, Stevie, so I can only assume you are new. Welcome! ?

NanKate Fri 15-Jun-18 15:38:34

I am with all of you who wait for kick off from Mick. It's how it has always been done and I sincerely hope it continues. I did try to explain it in a very non confrontational way to you Stevie via a PM I never heard back from you so I would imagine you haven't opened the PM yet.

stevierichards1954 Fri 15-Jun-18 17:10:08

I am not to step o anyone's toes but i I I pop on and then off again and not appear again for a few hours then i t would seem I haven't said hello.
And I suppose you don't have to join the specific thread to comment. And mick you can and as you said have done started one each morning.
But what is there to stop someone else saying good morning first if here isn't a thread there I firs place. This morning the first good morning thread was 5 the down the list.
And I didn't have time energy etc toook through each good morning Friday to see if one had been started.
And so this morning we had two threads doing same thing.

MawBroon Fri 15-Jun-18 18:37:36

I don’t quite see the problem with waiting until Mick kicks off the thread around 6.30 do you?
By all means wish people a Good Morning if you wish, but it might be considerate to avoid confusion with the regular “Good Morning —-day “” one wouldn’t it?

Marydoll Fri 15-Jun-18 18:41:48

Maw?

stevierichards1954 Fri 15-Jun-18 18:43:52

As I said before in prev post

gillybob Fri 15-Jun-18 18:45:15

Really ? What does it matter who starts the thread ? I thought this was supposed to be a Gransnet Cafe /Jo Cox loneliness thread ?

stevierichards1954 Fri 15-Jun-18 19:17:33

Exactly Gilly
As I said in prev post. Good job this ain't a real cafe!!
And loneliness takes many forms and when someone might find that bit if light and an opening others want to shut it off.

gillybob Fri 15-Jun-18 19:24:17

You watching the footie stevie or are you not interested ? smile

I couldn’t care less who starts a thread . What does it matter ? Imagine a real life cafe “we can’t serve you until joe bloggs has been in “ very strange .

NanKate Fri 15-Jun-18 19:40:02

Maw Marydoll ??

stevierichards1954 Fri 15-Jun-18 19:44:04

Not interested in football. Done some cleaning then went to shops

U watching football?

merlotgran Fri 15-Jun-18 19:45:09

And they say there are no cliques on Gransnet grin

gillybob Fri 15-Jun-18 19:52:56

Yes I love footie Stevie. Didn’t see any today but watching this evening . Brilliant match Spain v Portugal !

stevierichards1954 Fri 15-Jun-18 20:04:56

Bring on the cliques. Rediculous aint it. I had same with three diff churches searching for solace when I needed some friendship.

Gagagran Fri 15-Jun-18 20:24:05

Are you being deliberately provocative Stevie? You have been welcomed to the forum, it has been politely explained to you that Mick started the Good Morning ....day thread and enjoys doing it, so why do you feel it necessary to intervene with that? It seems very brash and verging on rudeness.

Maybe that's why you had difficulties with three different churches? This is a forum where solace and friendship is on offer in bucket loads, but it would be nice to show a bit more consideration if you wish to benefit from that?

stevierichards1954 Fri 15-Jun-18 20:29:25

I thought this was a free speech country. In hidden places it seems no.

If mick starts one or anyone else what is prob. If is prob I think more hidden problems are aroused

I don't give damn who starts it. It a cafe for Christ sake. Yes take it in vain. Think !!!

gillybob Fri 15-Jun-18 20:32:02

Are you joking Gagagran ? This is supposed to be a thread against loneliness . How dare you accuse anyone of rudeness just because they say good morning first? Who’s to say who starts what thread ?

Annapops Fri 15-Jun-18 20:37:40

On dear. I'm beginning to find this quite upsetting. Let peace reign please and enjoy the company of one another. We are all decent people after all.

stevierichards1954 Fri 15-Jun-18 20:42:21

Gagagran

The problem was same as here

I have been. Welcomed. I have also been warned
Hence I WILL use a different title
The probs with churches same as here. And if you read previous post I will WILL use a DIFF title
Again the churches dictorium.
You shall obey.

I don't feel it I need to intervene
As stated in earlier posts

If mick has any sense he will be laughing at grannies arguments

If I feel I want to say hello I will on this loneliness thread.

And if someone says to you don't do this or that in free country of speech I hope u take up the offer and agree

NanKate Fri 15-Jun-18 20:55:20

IMO this is not a loneliness thread at all.

Mick says good morning.

We all say good morning to Mick and any particular friends.

Then we say what the weather is like where we live and finally finished off with what we are doing that day.

Simples ?

stevierichards1954 Fri 15-Jun-18 20:55:34

The trouble I had with churches was SamE here
Attatching to a cliche. Meet cliche needs

stevierichards1954 Fri 15-Jun-18 20:58:46

go.skimresources.com/?id=470X734766&xs=1&isjs=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jocox.org.uk%2Ftag%2Floneliness%2F&xguid=&xuuid=f1ebd6453870a074bd4c6aa87eeed513&xsessid=&xcreo=0&xed=0&sref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gransnet.com%2Fforums%2Fgransnet_cafe%2F1249154-Good-morning-friday%3Fpg%3D1%26order%3D&pref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gransnet.com%2Fforums%2Fgransnet_cafe%2F1249154-Good-morning-friday%3Fmsgid%3D26744862&xtz=-60&jv=13.6.1-2&bv=2.5.1

This is posted at on beginning of threads