Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

sister's wedding

(33 Posts)
sandye Sun 30-Sep-18 18:45:32

I hope this is the right place to post this. My sister is getting married next sat, and as usual I have left it to the last minuet to get a gift. The problem is she was a widow and consequently has everything,so this is marrying for the second time. Money is of no object to them so, what do I get as a present

sandye Mon 01-Oct-18 14:44:23

Thank you all, they do not garden and as I say money is no object so can book any of the above at any time. I think @jan5 thats a good idea so will go with that. Thank you for all your suggestions

Lancslass1 Mon 01-Oct-18 15:50:59

An Uber Voucher would be my choice.

Joelise Mon 01-Oct-18 16:07:52

Having celebrated our Golden Wedding anniversary this weekend, and our daughter , son and families hosting a big party , we had restaurant vouchers , as well as John Lewis , and garden centre vouchers as presents . I think that theatre vouchers would be a great idea too .

grandtanteJE65 Mon 01-Oct-18 16:25:13

We married late and had most of what we needed to set up home. One of my sisters-in-law (I have 3) gave us a voucher for a weekend away at an inn with everything paid. My aunt gave us each a season ticket to the opera.

Other presents were camping/hiking equipment as our friends and family knew we would appreciate it, so if you know what hobbies your sister and soon to be BIL like doing together something they need for that might be an idea too.

annep Mon 01-Oct-18 20:11:20

I usually buy wine or Champagne. I would appreciate that myself. Afternoon tea or theatre vouchers sounds good too.

hollie57 Mon 01-Oct-18 21:03:00

Hello what about RHS membership or National Trust membership for the year ,they can then enjoy different outings with each other .

justwokeup Tue 02-Oct-18 18:14:40

If you're going with the wine/champagne idea then there are personalised wine labels on sites like Amazon that you can order. They will put the couple's wedding details on them and they come in about 4 days, if you want to risk it.