Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Lost the Plot

(4 Posts)
Granless Tue 18-Dec-18 14:41:24

This topic surely has been covered before but here goes.
I have had for many years a tea cosy which you just pop over the teapot - and thought it time I had a new one. So, I decided to knit one, found a pattern and this had holes for spout and handle. I was very pleased with finished article. When I came to use it for the first time, I absentmindedly took the cosy off the pot even though the spout and handle were not covered. tchgrin Old habits die hard.

M0nica Wed 19-Dec-18 07:26:08

Yes, but tea can dribble down the spout and soil the tea cosy. So you did the right thing.

gmelon Wed 19-Dec-18 07:58:39

You need to knit some more to keep a constant supply of dribble free ones.

Day6 Wed 19-Dec-18 08:10:25

I did away with our tea cosy a while ago, mainly because as tea addicts we both have huge mugs of tea and empty the pot with the first pouring. I never find the second cup from the pot as nice - so one big mug each has been the way forward for us.