Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

I've lost my rings.

(79 Posts)
genie10 Wed 08-May-19 13:39:35

I do sympathize. Some years ago I lost my engagement ring, which had great sentimental value. I remember wearing it when I went out but didn't notice it was not on my finger for many hours, during which time I had visited many places. I still feel sad that it is gone, even though like you, I tell myself it's only a ring. I hope yours will turn up soon.

J52 Wed 08-May-19 13:26:08

How upsetting
As you’ve lost all three, it sounds like you’ve put them somewhere safe. I’d search handbags, pockets, little bowls or boxes.
Sometimes, if they’ve been put on the washbasin they get stuck in the soap.
Hope you find them soon. Congratulations on the baby grandson.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 08-May-19 13:24:56

Hello Bonnie I do feel for you. Yes, they're only rings, not people, but they matter to you. Have you a garden? I found one of my rings on top of the compost heap which was a relief. Have you gone through all your pockets? I do hope that you find them.
I'm ring-less at the moment as I had to have them cut off in A&E when I had a fall - it's been over a year now. After I've had my teeth fixed I may get the rings repaired, though I fear that they'll never fit again and new ones may be cheaper. Good luck.

BonnieBlooming Wed 08-May-19 13:17:09

I know that compared to some of the issues people are dealing with this is nothing but I seem to have lost my wedding, engagement and eternity rings. Since losing a lot of weight they have been very loose and I don't wear them everyday. They usually sit on a wee ring stand on my dressing table and I noticed on Monday they were not there. They are not so loose that they could have fallen off and I never take them off outside (eg when washing my hands). We have spent two days taking the house apart looking for them. All the obvious places and all the not so obvious but no luck.
I dont care about the value of the rings but it is our 40 anniversary in August so they have great sentimental value.
What is also upsetting me is that my DD gave birth to a much awaited baby boy on Monday night and at a time when I should just be overjoyed this has cast a real shadow.
I have said to myself that it would be much worse if I had lost a person, they are just rings, but I feel so upset.
Has anyone had this experience? How did you come to terms with it? I suffer badly with anxiety at the best of times.