Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

My life on the table

(80 Posts)
Anrol Sat 18-May-19 10:28:48

We are going away to CP in Suffolk with AS & his family for a few days next week. Consequently the house has piles of things ready to take & transfer to the car. I’ve just eaten my breakfast on the semi cluttered dining table. As I looked up it occurred to me the items pushed to one corner of the table portrayed bits and pieces of my character and interests; a vase of pale coloured roses, another vase of fake daffodils, my telescope in the corner, a dress with a spool of cotton on the top waiting for mending, a piece of pottery which has been drying in the sunshine from the window, a pair of gardening gloves & secateurs, a cut up pear & banana, a half drunk cup of tea (how many times do I do this) & a very old map book of England. I was wondering what few items would portray you?

suzette1613 Fri 11-Oct-19 20:33:28

I have a large kitchen table with my laptop on it, at the moment (usually on the side dresser). I love my cosy hopelessly old-fashioned kitchen, with its warming range cooker, dog basket and lots of Stuff. Also on the table is a crossword book, a bowl of rather sad looking tomatoes late of the greenhouse, my very useful set of Avery scales (only up to 2lbs, no metric so I have to mentally convert), two old chopping boards and a bag of rather hard runner beans. The vegetables didn`t do very well this year.
I could happily live in my kitchen!

boodymum67 Mon 14-Oct-19 14:07:54

my wheelchair and my paint pens

MiniMoon Mon 14-Oct-19 16:34:32

Nothing much on my kitchen table. Only a set of salt and pepper mills.
Surrounding me in the living room are, an empty mug which contained coffee, remotes for the tv, and most importantly, a large ball of blue mohair mixture yarn and my crochet hooks.

Scentia Mon 14-Oct-19 17:37:08

On my side table. A pair of glasses, my kindle, a nice big bag of crisps maybe a glass of red wine or peppermint tea my grandson on my knee and my dog at my feet. This is heaven right there for me.