Of acute pulmonary oedema, we have just heard. She hadn't seen her consultant for four years for her kidney condition She probably wasn't taking her potassium pills. We didn't know she was risking her life. She probably didn't. .....and I am really angry.
There is a black hole in the middle of our family.
But what I really want to say is that although the condition she had is very rare (Gitelman's Syndrome, if you want to look it up) that I have found there is a similar risk in people with heart conditions who are taking some diuretics.
We should have known that she was at risk. From what I find, this is only recently realised by the medical profession about GS patients - there may be only 1500 in Britain. I don't know if heart patients are warned. I feel this should be better known.
I was worried about him, but I got an ok text now.....I always think the worst, since he has been so depressed. I actually panic. I don't like it, and I'm going to talk to the doctor about it, I get paranoid.
I managed to mow a bit of grass. I had a visitor, J, who has offered to help with the garden which is getting out of hand! Hopefully soon.
I just discovered that I am not supposed to drink coffee while taking Zopiclone - this is not in the info which comes with it...... .....seeing doctor in the morning, as I am getting a lot of tension/stress and going up the wall!
I have now realised and proved that my afternoon tension is actually withdrawal symptoms from the zopiclone. I took a very small amount at lunchtime and my tension didn't appear! .....shall do this tomorrow, as I am meeting S - but after that I need to work out what to do to get off this stuff.
It must be so difficult having all this legal stuff to deal with when you are grieving. Please try and do only what is necessary and take it step by step.
I came back yesterday to find a letter from Cruse....I contacted them ages ago and knew they had a waiting list, but this letter seems to be saying 'please get off our waiting list if you can'...... Which isn't very encouraging...