Gransnet forums

Health

Viral infection

(229 Posts)
tinaf1 Sun 31-Dec-17 17:09:56

Has anyone had / got this, started about 18th of this month with sore throat and just can't seem to shift awful cough and stuffed up nose and head ( feels like I am swimming under water) wake up with mouth like the bottom of a bird cage. Have been taking paracetamol etc but does anyone know how long it lasts

SueDonim Thu 25-Jan-18 22:28:04

That's great news, NannyTee. I hope the AB's help your dh, Monica.

My throat has been aching again. I peered down it with the aid of a torch and a mirror today and seem to have holes in my tonsils! It's a bit less painful this evening so I hope it's mending itself.

Best wishes to all those still recuperating!

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 25-Jan-18 22:55:35

Thanks Bathsheba. I think I'm pretty much over the bug, it's just left me with a knock on effect to a problem I already had, and that's why I'm still croaking. My throat doesn't hurt, so it sounds worse than it is. I'll get there. wink

SueDonim you don't think you have tonsillitis do you? I just Googled tonsill holes and they are normal, but can get blocked. If you Google them remember the pictures are what they look like when they've been blocked a long time. I wasn't ready for the photos! grin Maybe you should let your GP have a look. wink

Fresh ????️?????? for everyone again.

NannyTee Fri 26-Jan-18 09:02:59

Now my DD has sceptic tonsillitis. She's weak as a kitten poor thing. The antibiotics should kick in today for some relief.