Gransnet forums

Health

Complaints about the tena lady ad

(82 Posts)
blondenana Tue 06-Aug-19 13:48:04

I hope they take it off,it makes me cringe

Fiachna56 Sun 25-Aug-19 13:03:25

Well Id rather have the pads than MESH. I am fortunate I really only have issues occasionally. However, the treatment for this seems to have destroyed many womens lives. Surgery is not always succesful either. I also agree with a lady I was speaking with recently that Pelvic Floor Exercises should be taught to young women in High schools. After having my children I was handed a leaflet and the only good thing being the nurse was emphatic that the exercises be done. I don't think we are informed enough about these matters. I dont mind the ads, the issues shouldnt be hidden away. Men should also have information as they can have these problems too.

2bcme2 Thu 20-Aug-20 22:37:49

Hi. I don't know exactly what ad these comments refer to, but I would like to express my opinion on the ugly ad where a woman has not even taken a shower and to me she looks dirty, hair and everything. I dislike so much the way she says "not this skin", "that...skin" and she moves her eyes implying private parts. Yuck, that it's nasty and lacks good taste, I change the tv channel when I see her. Not pleasant to see or hear. What happened to "my most delicate skin" or sensitive skin. I simply won't buy Tena until they show better taste for their publicity. Yuck!

Callistemon Thu 20-Aug-20 23:30:43

It is not "normal" to be incontinent after childbirth

No, it's not.
Either something is wrong or she's not doing her pelvic floor exercises.

"A little bit of wee is not going to stop me being me" she says as she pulls incontinence knickers up over her flat stomach!

Stop trying to normalise incontinence in young women Tena
Lady!

BlueSky Fri 21-Aug-20 09:17:57

Agree Calli. I know we need to know these facts but they are portrayed as normal, so women could well miss important issues or wear pads when they wouldn't really need to, all the while increasing sales for the manufacturers!

BlueBelle Fri 21-Aug-20 09:27:21

Bit late to the game here but for what’s its worth I hate it too so twee talking about a little bit of wee

mokryna Fri 21-Aug-20 23:46:36

After each pregnancy I was offered 12 physiotherapy sessions doing a lot of stomach and pelvic exercices Also to help the pelvic muscles there was the vaginal electrical stimulation device.