Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 4

(586 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:46:12

Hi, new thread x

SalsaQueen Mon 16-Sep-19 13:57:12

* Annie, Nanny, Joce, Nonnie and all*

I hope you're all ok today, and that the weekend was alright for you.

I had been pressured by my GP into finding out about Talking Therapy in my area, so I agreed, a few months ago, and said I'd like to try the telephone/online counselling. The Counsellor rang me a few weeks ago, said I'd be assigned a person to help me. This person rang me a month ago, didn't ask me anything at all, but said I should look on Silver Cloud, and that I could leave messages for him, and do a journal on there about how I was feeling etc. I did do that, and wrote some things on there. He was meant to have reviewed these things I'd put on there and then ring me on a date and at a time he'd chosen. Fone. I waited, and the call never came. Days went by, no word. I messaged him, he said his laptop had been broken and that he hadn't been able to contact me (he had my mobile and home number though).

Because I am often quite paranoid/mistrusting, I don't believe him. He's since texted me, said he'll review me tomorrow. My instinct has been to tell him I'm no longer interested, and I've blocked him. Am I mad?

Anniebach Mon 16-Sep-19 20:02:22

Salsa talking therapy can help. Don’t give up tomorrow.

Can you not speak to the counsellor ? Explain how the online
counsellor has troubled you and ask if you can be assigned to
a different counsellor.

There is no reason/ excuse for him not to have contacted you
and explained about his laptop .

Stay strong, x

Joce345 Mon 16-Sep-19 22:55:47

Evening all Salsa I have not tried talking therapy, but I do agree with Annie there is no excuse for not contacting you. Don’t give up I think any thing is worth a try..

Annie hope you are ok how’s it going with your hands ?

Night all sleep well 💤

SalsaQueen Tue 17-Sep-19 13:45:22

* Annie* and Joce I had an email (it was in the "junk" folder) from the online Counsellor. He asked how I am, mentioned that I hadn't put anything on the daily journal thing. I've told him I won't be using the service again. I feel alright at the moment (95% of the time), so I'm going to:

keep taking the tablets,
keep up with my job (I like it, but wish it was a few more hours)
Keep talking to you all on here (you all have experience of depression/anxiety etc)
Keep up with my exercises - aqua aerobics and Zumba yesterday, the same 2 today
Try to remember how VERY lucky I am, in having close family, friends, no debt, a job, good health, etc.

Thanks x

SalsaQueen Tue 17-Sep-19 13:46:04

Annie how are you getting on with the splints?

Anniebach Tue 17-Sep-19 13:58:43

Salsa so sorry you had a bad experience with counselling.

It’s good to be positive but please don’t let it mask your depression.

We are here for you , to share, listen and understand x

Splints proving very difficult!

SalsaQueen Tue 17-Sep-19 18:17:57

* Annie* I really am feeling better lately, although it may not last.... but I'm not really one to talk openly about anything. It's good on here because I can talk freely, knowing that those of you on this subject understand what mental illness is like. It can't be easy having splints on, but if they work, it'll be worth it. I had to wear them at night, for Caprpal Tunnel problems. It worked, and I certainly hope you get good results x

nanny2507 Tue 17-Sep-19 19:33:18

hello all. sorry i havent been about..quite fed up right now a few things going wrong too long to explain. hope you are all well xx

Doodle Tue 17-Sep-19 20:10:57

I am at rock bottom. My prayers have not been answered and I got really cross with God tonight. I am shaking I am so scared. God will forgive me I know, he is kind but I am so frightened for my family. DGS in bad way. Please pray for them. I must ask His forgiveness.

Anniebach Tue 17-Sep-19 20:43:37

Salsa it may last ,make a note for yourself telling yourself how you are feeling now x

nanny I am sorry, you have been coping so well for a while x

Doodle God can take it my love . Christ accused God of forsaking him didn’t he? Christ forgave poor St.Peter several
times yes ?

Your darling grandson, he , you and your family are in my prayers , how I wish a could hold you close in a cwtch . X

Doodle Tue 17-Sep-19 21:00:17

Thank you annie. I know you understand x

Anniebach Tue 17-Sep-19 21:15:39

Doodle you have worries, don’t add to them by being troubled for being cross with God x

Dawn22 Tue 17-Sep-19 21:51:07

Doodle
You are worried about your dgc and that is a sign of your love for the little person and that is understandable. Try and switch off and only maybe worry for 20 minutes a day. Thinking of you and l do believe in the power of prayer as comfort and hope.

Annie
Really hope that you are managing with the splints. It must take great fortitude. We are really with you in spirit.

Best wishes to everyone else.

Speaking of worry l am a good one to talk because I worry myself. But l know they are just the perception of my thoughts. I came across this as l often research things. It is Eckhart Tolle type of thinking.

WATCH YOUR THOUGHTS.

Just that. Take a step back from them. Don't engage with them or try and control them but just let your thoughts be.

Night everyone. Dawn xx

Cherrytree59 Tue 17-Sep-19 21:59:05

Doodle I pray for your lovely grandson, his parents and for you.

My heart aches for you.
I truly understand, your fear and anxiety is
completely overwhelming.

I thank God that your grandson has You as a grandma.

I wish all the black dog gang a peaceful nightmoon

Doodle Tue 17-Sep-19 23:34:24

Thank you all for your kindness. I am just so tired now I am going to try and sleep. Hope you all sleep well x

Joce345 Tue 17-Sep-19 23:46:53

Doodle I pray for you and your family, as I do for every one in the gang .
Dawn I really enjoy Eckhart Tolle brilliant man.
Hope you are ok Annie
Good night to everyone god bless us all..
sleep well 💤 .

Dawn22 Wed 18-Sep-19 20:28:11

Thank you Joce. That was a lovely good night to us all.
Take care and sleep well too. Sleep is the best and so healing.
Dawn💤🛏🌄🌞

eilyann Thu 19-Sep-19 15:35:51

Doodle I have been away so haven't been posting. You and your family are in my prayers daily. Don't worry about offending God when you are in this state, He's big enough to take it! And don't forget He knows you better than you know yourself. 'I have carved you on the palm of my hand' I know sometimes we feel He's not listening but sometimes He speaks through other people. I pray for your peace.

Joce345 Thu 19-Sep-19 21:41:33

Sooo tired tonight think a early night is in order, didn’t get much sleep at all last night hope it’s a better one tonight for me, and for all of you good friends out there..
good night all sleep well 💤 God bless all

SalsaQueen Thu 19-Sep-19 21:56:40

Annie thank you.

I hope everyone has had a better day today. I'm feeling so much better than I was a few weeks ago. I hope it lasts.

I hope everyone has a good night's sleep and a decent day tomorrow.

Anniebach Thu 19-Sep-19 22:05:04

Hi all x

Keep positive x

Doodle Thu 19-Sep-19 22:44:57

Thank you eilyann for you kindness. You are in my prayers too. Sleep well all. xx

Anniebach Fri 20-Sep-19 21:00:02

Hi all x

Doodle Fri 20-Sep-19 23:32:15

annie hope you are ok. How are you getting on with those splints?
Hope you all sleep well. I tend to sleep then wake up with a low feeling early morning. Try and put things to the back of my mind but spend a long time ruminating and praying. Very tired at the moment.
x

Joce345 Sat 21-Sep-19 08:31:54

Morning all hope every one had a good night..
I was not too bad when I got up this morning, do hope it lasts. hope every one is feeling positive. Or best they can be..

Anniebach Sat 21-Sep-19 21:13:16

Hi all x

Those awful first thoughts on waking, I experience them too.
I have to wait an hour before getting up , a lot of thoughts in
an hour .

Have stopped using the splints, the metal strip was digging into my hands. Hope I can have something to support my
wrists, the physiotherapist is calling Tuesday.

Dawn22 Sat 21-Sep-19 22:14:15

To Doodle and Annie both in particular l too have early morning waking and l start to worry and l don't feel great. You mentioned prayer Doodle and l must try that more and also to pray for others. Anything that will help. Eight years ago l was managing much better but life can just turn difficult. They say to try and turn everything into Gratitude but not always easy. At least we know we are not on our own going through this.

I do the Games early in the morning as l find distraction is the best and possibly the only cure.

Annie l really hope the physio appointment helps you out next week. You deserve that without a doubt.

Goodnight everyone and l wish you healing rest and sleep.
Dawn xx

Joce345 Sat 21-Sep-19 23:16:06

Aww I know that morning feeling all too well wake at 4 mind goes mad, I just lay there till 9 o’clock don’t know why but can’t get up before that.. I have had more good day the last weeks I honestly think it is down to the CBD oil.. just hope I can stay this way.. I really must go and see the GP and tell her..
Annie hopefully they can sort you something out with the splints you can’t use them if they hurt you..
Dawn I listen to my book never get no further than chapters 8 but will keep on trying if needs be...
I really feel for all that suffer in the morning, we do really need to get up and get on easier said than do.. never stop trying.. night all sleep well God bless all

Anniebach Sun 22-Sep-19 20:01:42

Hi all x

Dawn I don’t think it possible to turn everything into gratitude so don’t test yourself too much and yes no one here is on their own x

Joce I too stay in bed until a set time, 9,15. Not great if I wake early x hope you can continue with the book if it helps x

Doodle Sun 22-Sep-19 20:08:48

I seem to be mellow between 6pm and going to bed then whenever I wake up after that the drop in mood kicks in. It’s not nice is it.
annie I realise your hands are far worse than mine but I bought some wrist fingerless support gloves from Boots. Elasticated ones. I find they give good support and a bit of relief . However you may need something more supportive.

Anniebach Sun 22-Sep-19 20:58:28

Doodle my fingers are too twisted couldn’t put fingerless gloves on. I hope for wrist supports, because I can do little with my hands my wrists take the strain.

How are you my love ?

Doodle Sun 22-Sep-19 21:52:22

Sorry annie I didn’t realise.
Still worrying. Still praying and mini panic attacks if I let my thoughts get too bad. Just want DGS to have friends and some companionship to lift his spirits. Just keep praying for that over and over really.
Hope you sleep well x

Dawn22 Sun 22-Sep-19 22:02:41

Doodle
Everyone should have a Grand mother similar to you. Loving, concerned and thinking of their needs same as Annie. Well done.
Sleep well. Everyone. Dawn xx

Joce345 Sun 22-Sep-19 22:33:16

Aww Annie I do feel for you, our hands are so important.. my husband had a bad accident some years since, he was a fantastic drummer, he could played any instrument. Completely crushed his hand he has never played since. Music was his love.. so I do understand how important your hands are..

Had a good day, had my lovely grandkids for dinner really enjoyed there company they always make me smile

Hope every one has a good night sleep well..

eilyann Mon 23-Sep-19 11:48:20

Doodle In our area (Stockport) there is a support group called Autisk for children with various problems. Is there anything like this in your area? It's a social fun group and it might help him with friendships.

Doodle Mon 23-Sep-19 12:50:27

Thanks eilyann I think there is and he did used to go to it but now he’s older he doesn’t want to go anymore. He really needs friends without issues of their own. School has always been an difficult place for him not sure what will happen going forward. Thank you for your kindness.

Rowantree Mon 23-Sep-19 13:58:53

Hi guys, please delete if this isn't relevant or appropriate. Also I apologise for not having yet read other posts on this thread - I will do when I'm up to it and I'm aware that it's selfish of me to post about myself.

For no reason i can work out I am feeling so low today and tearful and can't be motivated to do anything. We're babysitting later this afternoon and evening for my daughter and partner and that's fine, but I just feel really crap. It's a fast day as in 5/2 - just had a small breakfast this morning of rye flakes, seeds and oat milk - but I don't even feel like eating anyway. I can't work out why i feel so awful. Last week i went out for a posh meal with my brothers and dad (partly to celebrate my brother's imminent marriage) and drank more than I meant to do and the following 24+ hours were hell moodwise. Since then I had some wine two days ago and some with Sunday lunch - could that be it? I know alcohol can affect mood but why so dramatically? I am anxious that the depression and anxiety which used to dog me for years will take hold again. I know I'm probably panicking but...how would you deal with this? I feel incredibly low and weepy.

Gonegirl Mon 23-Sep-19 15:37:04

I can't motivate myself to do anything today either Rowantree. Mind you, the things I should be doing are replacing the bedding I took off our bed this morning, with clean stuff. And washing up the lunch things. Hardly surprising really is it?

It's all so bloody boring.

Anniebach Mon 23-Sep-19 16:23:11

Hi all x

Welcome Rowantree , you are not selfish posting about your self, we all here post about ourselves, it’s sharing.

Sorry you are feeling so low and tearful. Alchol can affect mood but you say you have experienced depression and anxiety in the past .

When you had depression were you drinking to cope or not
drinking ? Depression can strike anyone at anytime, did you have support at that time ?

We will support you , listen and share, just write what ever you want to x

Anniebach Mon 23-Sep-19 18:48:38

To all x

I don’t read all the threads, am concerned for nonnie , anyone come across her recently, it’s a time of great pain for her

Doodle Mon 23-Sep-19 20:46:33

I will keep a look out annie. You have such a caring way with everyone. Always looking out for others. You are so kind annie.

Anniebach Mon 23-Sep-19 21:56:25

Thank you Doodle, how are you my love ? X

Doodle Mon 23-Sep-19 22:01:02

Much the same annie. Praying and waiting for some help. I realise that I am letting my thoughts run away with me and thinking one awful thought after another. I need to give myself a good talking to.😊

Anniebach Mon 23-Sep-19 22:10:41

I understand love, for different reasons I worried every day for 7 years about my grandchildren, now they are settled it’s
so good, the need to protect them is so strong isn’t it ?

nanny2507 Tue 24-Sep-19 06:51:58

*long one* (while i have time!)

good morning all. I hope everyone is well. I have been reading the chats and I really hope things improve for you xxxx Up early as i am obsessing about xmas decs that i cant find. A little box of ones that my children made over the years. I have said i will not put a tree up until i find them. so no tree the last xmas. We have a viewing on the bungalow tonight i really hope they like it and want to buy it. I am convinced I know who stole tank. I even went to the village hall in my dressing gown at 5am last week to take a photo of a number plate of the person as i want to hire a PI to find them. i want to confront them but obviously this could just be my mind playing tricks

One of my dogs had a lump on foot we were warned it could be cancer but luckily not but playing with the other dogs she has torn a ligament in her leg!!! so now she has to had another op. DGD is going through a biting stage and she is being quite vicious and drawing blood...only on her parents luckily (?) but my DD doesnt know who to ask for help. Stock take at work today so its a 14 hours shift. Worried I cant do it but what can i do i dont get a choice.

Anyway I REALLY hope you all have a wonderful day today and remember we are only human and lets try not to beat ourselves up too much xxxxx

Joce345 Tue 24-Sep-19 08:13:31

Morning all, Annie I too will keek a look our for Nonnie do hope all is well with her.
How are you getting on Annie hope the look after you today (physio) I’m I right they are coming to see you today..
nanny you are very hard on your self,
My daughter had a lovely cat for 2 years, she was there one day gone the next, then back again the found out she was going and keeping a lady on her own company she had another cat but really took to my daughters.
When she got them in her bungalow she put them on leads so they could not get away but she really did love the cat ...sad but maybe tank is being loved and looked after by someone else.. do wish you could get some peace form this nanny, God bless you..

petra Tue 24-Sep-19 13:06:15

One of the reasons for the bad feelings in the early morning is: Cortisol. This is a stress hormone and it's at its highest in the early morning.

Rowantree Tue 24-Sep-19 20:15:06

I'd forgotten about the cortisol petra.
I wonder why it's highest in the morning when we've (hopefully) had a night's sleep?
I'm feeling better today than yesterday, but still pretty tired and can't get going with things I need to do. I did bake my Christmas cake today though and took some clothes to a local church hall for a collection for the homeless. Also did a bit of ironing and I'm embarrassed to say I had a pedicure: a very rare thing for me and I've only done it now because of my brother's wedding party at the weekend. Girl who did it was talking to me about her baby who has health problems so it helped to focus on someone else. And yesterday we babysat for DD2 who's having couples therapy - trying not to feel anxious about it all. DGD has been having a difficult time at school too - being bullied, and also DGD was told off by the head for something which could have been dealt with better by her class teacher. DGD was devastated and sobbed all night, then refused to go into school and it took three teachers an hour to prize her from her mum. She was telling her mum that she hates herself and she's a horrible person so I do wonder what on earth the headmaster said to her....
Annie and others - many thanks for your kindness. I hope Nonnie and Doodle are feeling calmer today and Nanny2507 too.
I keep trying to hold this in my mind - the present moment is all we truly have. The past is gone, the future doesn't yet exist. It's part of a Mindfulness course I attended years ago and I do find it comforting to remind myself of things I learned there, especially when ruminating/worrying ceaselessly. If there is a Mindfulness course near you, I would recommend it; it's very grounding, and helps you live well in the present. You can get CDs of short meditations which are variations on counting the breath or body scans - both help to slow down the crazy tangle of thoughts we find so painful at times.

Doodle Tue 24-Sep-19 21:22:56

rowantree I am so sorry about your DGD. Bullying in all its forms it one of the most soul destroying things. I hope they get things sorted with the school.
Your comment about mindfulness interested me. I am dabbling with an online app called Calm. Trouble is I am so un calm that I find it difficult not to be sidetracked. Must try harder I think.
How is everyone tonight x

Joce345 Tue 24-Sep-19 22:51:36

Evening all, Annie how did you get on today with your physio hope it’s made you feel better..
Petra that’s interesting I have never heard of Cortisol I must have Tuns of it am such a mess in the early hours . But having said that ,I was like it not now the CBD oil seams to be working for me. I really hope it stay like this for me.. I have been of the antidepressants for 4 days now so fingers crossed..I really cannot remember the last time I felt this good.. I still wake early but I am not in a mess now ...
I am now thinking that the antidepressant were making me feel worse, time will tell.. good night all sleep well 🌸

SalsaQueen Wed 25-Sep-19 13:21:59

I hope everyone is having a better day today.

I had some great news this morning - my son's cat returned home, after being gone for 3 1/2 weeks. We had almost given up hope of seeing her again. I had offered a substantial reward, we'd rang all the vets, microchip place, RSPCA, council, etc. I put up 50 or more laminated posters in the area, signed up to 2 pet-search websites, done Facebook, door-to-door leafletting, everything, and not a single sighting of her - and she sat on son's windowsill, meowing this morning. She'll be spoilt for a while. She's seeing the vet later, just to be sure she's OK. My son is buying a GPS tracking collar for her grin

barming Wed 25-Sep-19 13:36:44

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Anniebach Wed 25-Sep-19 13:41:12

Reported

humptydumpty Wed 25-Sep-19 14:37:31

Salsa great news! I love the way they come back and then continue as normal - 'what's the problem'!

petra Wed 25-Sep-19 17:28:52

joce345
Why do you think people have been smoking cannabis for eons wink

Anniebach Wed 25-Sep-19 17:55:53

CBD is not pure cannabis , it is helping many with anxiety,
cannabis causes serious mental health problems

Anniebach Wed 25-Sep-19 17:56:49

Salsa so happy for you and your son x

SalsaQueen Wed 25-Sep-19 20:26:59

humptydumpty and Anniebach Thank you. We took her to the vet this afternoon, just to cheak that she's ok. She's lost 1/4 of her body weight (she's now just over 6lbs), but apart from that and a very croaky voice (all that meowing, wherever she's been), she's well but tired smile

Anniebach Thu 26-Sep-19 14:04:45

Hi all x

Received email from elder granddaughter she said ‘am reading some poetry, read this and thought of you’

When she, her younger sister and her brother were going through GCSE’s, A Levels, University I would hear
‘Granny what if I don’t get my grades ‘?

I use to quote from a short poem by Erin Hanson

‘There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask ‘What if a fall?’
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?’

Yes ? X

nanny2507 Thu 26-Sep-19 16:23:50

salsa i am so pleased for you. xxxxxx
My turn one day sad

SalsaQueen Thu 26-Sep-19 16:32:42

Nanny I hope so. How's your new cat settling in? x

dragonfly46 Thu 26-Sep-19 16:38:44

That is a beautiful poem Annie I wish I had known it when my DC were of that age.

Joce345 Thu 26-Sep-19 16:51:05

That’s really beautiful Annie .
How’s everyone today? Hope all have had a good day..

Anniebach Thu 26-Sep-19 17:27:22

I thought when my granddaughter reminded me of the poem
to share because it is certainly something I need to think on
re my agoraphobia and it may be the same for others who
have negative ‘What if’s’

nanny2507 Thu 26-Sep-19 18:48:07

salsa he is doing so well. hes not a cuddly cat unless he wants to be and he WILL NOT come when called ha ha ha. but i get some beautiful kisses now xx

Dawn22 Thu 26-Sep-19 19:46:35

Really love the poem and the sentiments therein Annie. It makes you think you can get to the point in your life that you want to get to. Thanks for it.
I love poetry and there is much to be learned from it.
Dawn xx

Anniebach Thu 26-Sep-19 21:23:22

Thank you. I made an error, for two of my grandchildren I use to quote from Poo Bear and Piglet, same thing, when youngest started University I quoted from Erin Hanson

Doodle Fri 27-Sep-19 22:36:12

Hello all. Been a really busy day today so off to bed soon. Just dropping in to wish you all a good nights sleep 😴. Hope you are all ok. x

grapefruitpip Fri 27-Sep-19 22:43:00

Can I just say smoking cannabis is no joke. It completely transformed my son. It is a vile, addictive substance.

Thankfully he got off the stuff.

Joce345 Sun 29-Sep-19 16:05:13

Hi all hope everyone is doing ok !

I DONT smoke cannabis but I do take the oil, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. It is the only thing that has made me feel like my self in a lot of years.

grapefruitpip Sun 29-Sep-19 16:12:40

Well good on you Joce, if you have found something that helps.

Anniebach Sun 29-Sep-19 16:14:57

No idea why cannabis has been brought into this thread .

Joce keep with the oil , you have improved so much, you
were in such a dark place with anxiety,

For you - 🌻

Joce345 Sun 29-Sep-19 22:16:03

Thank you Annie I have really felt better than I have for a good few years. My family have all said how much better I am.. I just hope and pray I stay like it..

Rowantree Mon 30-Sep-19 14:14:32

Hi all.
Have had a worrying time recently with family problems leading up to my brother's wedding to his partner of 20 years. It's too involved and tedious for everyone else to go into the details, but I was worried about my brother's adult children, one of whom is quite emotionally fragile, and another bust-up with her dad - this time it looks permanent. He in intractable, insisting that she is a narcissist and it's all been upsetting and sad at a time which should have been happier. The reception - just family- was on Saturday in Henley so we returned yesterday and I was OK despite imbibing over the weekend celebration, and OK this morning. Went for my flu and pneumonia jabs,, met a friend for coffee and when I got back my mood started to drop noticeably. It's a fast day, so I'm wondering if that has a bearing....but I'm low, lacking in energy and motivation and trying to persuade myself to go to my Pilates class this evening. I could so easily stay at home and watch TV instead. I have loads to do and can't face any of it. I'm tearful and anxious that my mood won't lift. I don't understand these swings in mood I get. I eat well on the whole. I had two strong coffees with my friend...I know they are linked with anxiety but has anyone noticed any link to low mood? Or is it just me?

Joce glad you're better on the oil. How did you come to start taking it and where did you get it?

Joce345 Mon 30-Sep-19 16:07:31

Hi Rowantree, I was in such a bad place never no peace from it for the last 12 months.. fluoxetine didn’t seem to be helping at all, I always said they didn’t work for me, I go so far as to say they made me feel worse. So someone mentioned CDB oil nothing to lose give it a go. ( H&B) up to now it has been a God send, I came of the fluoxetine slowly had none at all for the last 3 weeks now. I feel so much better may be it’s not for everyone but for me for now it’s working, just hope it lasts... you can take up to 15 drops a day I am taking 9 and I am happy with that.. you can get stronger. For now I am me again and dare I say happy... sleeping so much better good 8 hours a night..

Rowantree Mon 30-Sep-19 16:58:14

Wow, that's amazing. I suffered from bad anxiety and depression for years, but in the last few years have been much better. However, I'm noticing that I get awful mood swings and low periods which scare me. I don't want to increase my stabilising doses of meds, but I am wondering whether I can take CDB oil at the same time. I will look into that. Please can you tell me what brand you got if you're allowed? Was it very expensive and have you had side-effects?

Joce345 Mon 30-Sep-19 22:02:39

Rosa tree it’s Jacob Hooy CBD contains 2.75% CBD, I took it along side fluoxetine and was fine, but please check to see if it can be used with your meds, can never be too careful..
No side effects at all .. unless you call sleeping better and 99% calmer then I have been for many years side effects haha..
no but please be sure it ok with you other meds please ...

Joce345 Mon 30-Sep-19 22:05:11

Sorry it’s on offer at the mo £10 per bottle a bottle has lasted me 4 weeks still have some left, suppose it depends how much you need to use..

Joce345 Mon 30-Sep-19 22:06:03

Evening all hope you are all ok ..
Annie hope you are doing ok.

Anniebach Mon 30-Sep-19 22:09:10

May I just join in to say ?

Rowantree do take Joce’s advice on checking with your medication.

I have seen such a difference in Joce, you were really struggling weren’t you Joce x

Joce345 Mon 30-Sep-19 22:33:31

Annie I was in such a bad place for a long time you were a rock for me Annie I will never forget you kindness you are so caring, has you are for all in the black dog gang, I hope and pray I can go on like I am now. Time will tell but for now I am in a good place and hear to support others if if I can in any way.. thank you Annie our wise caring friend x

Joce345 Tue 01-Oct-19 19:32:30

Evening all how has everyone been today, hope it’s been a good day for all.

Anniebach Tue 01-Oct-19 21:25:52

Hi all x

Hello Joce , you have supported others even when you were
struggling.

I had to cancel my appointment with the consultant, it was
On Mental Health Day so no one at local MIND avails to help me get there. Damn agoraphobia.
get there.

nanny2507 Tue 01-Oct-19 21:44:24

Hello everyone. I am in a bad place right now. Very volatile and very low. I am still thinking of spending a few days in hospital I just need some kind of peace. I am here and reading your posts but I just have nothing to contribute xxx

Doodle Tue 01-Oct-19 21:46:58

nanny So sorry you are feeling so bad. Please take care of yourself. We are thinking of you.x

Doodle Tue 01-Oct-19 21:48:14

Oh annie that’s a shame about your appointment. Hope you can book another soon.

SalsaQueen Tue 01-Oct-19 21:57:36

Anniebach That's a shame about your appointment. Will you be able to get another one soon? x

Nanny Sorry you are feeling so low at the moment. Look after yourself, hope you're feeling better soon x

I hope everyone else has had a decent day, in spite of the weather. I went to work (such as it is, for 3 hours, but I do like it now), made a corned beef and potato pie, did some ironing and washing, went to Zumba.

Anniebach Tue 01-Oct-19 21:59:48

nanny you contribute every time you post . Sorry you have
another rough patch , it will pass x

Doodle, yes I will be given another appointment, ironic isn’t it, i have a mental health problem and couldn’t keep the
first appointment because it’s World Mental Health Day,
the staff are out rattling tins. I hope next year I can join them.

Anniebach Tue 01-Oct-19 22:02:21

Salsa posted as you posted. Great to know you you now like
your new job, good for you for sticking with it, you deserve a
🌻 x

Joce345 Wed 02-Oct-19 18:04:38

Hi Annie yes it is ironic. Hope you are doing ok, I really hope and pray you will be out rattling tins or just out and about before next year would be fantastic..

nanny sorry you are having a bad time hope it passes soon ..

Salsa it’s good to hear enjoying the new job.

Hope you all have a good evening what ever you are doing..

Doodle Wed 02-Oct-19 21:59:11

Been up to London today. Quite exhausted now. Had a glass of wine and feeling a bit mellow. Will try and go to bed before the feeling wears off. Sleep well all 🛏 💤 😴

Dawn22 Thu 03-Oct-19 18:48:25

Hope everyone is doing well enough and just calling in to say Hello.

Nanny l am sorry you have had an off day. They do crop up. Take care as best you can and tomorrow and next week may be better for you. I hope so.
Dawn xx

SalsaQueen Thu 03-Oct-19 18:53:53

Anniebach. Thanks. How are you today? x
Joce thanks

everyone....I hope today has been a decent day for you all. I went to work, then did quite a lot at home. I'm in my nightie now and going to watch something on Netflix

Anniebach Thu 03-Oct-19 21:55:35

Hi all, x

Doodle hope you enjoyed your day in London x

Salsa went to work and then did work at home, go girl x

Hope nanny is coping and know we are thinking of her and
willing the dark cloud to lift .

Still nothing from nonnie

I am still waiting for a date for appointment to see consultant.
Trying not to think about it, leaving the bungalow, going to the hospital, people around, wretched agoraphobia.

Doodle Thu 03-Oct-19 22:29:57

Hi annie thanks we did enjoy it as a day out. Went on a few trains. I love people watching. Spent most of my time wondering where they were all going and what they were up to. Quite exhausting when you are not used to all the noise and bustle.

Doodle Thu 03-Oct-19 22:33:48

annie wish you didn’t feel so bad about going out. We all have different things that cause us anxiety. Wish there was a pill we could take to make all the worry go away.

Sleep well all x

Anniebach Fri 04-Oct-19 21:54:37

Doodle so pleased you enjoyed you day in London , people
watching is so interesting.

I had set out a recovery programme for overcoming the
agoraphobia and so much blocked it. Not me avoiding, bought Fred then was let down over his garage. Then my knee twisting, hope the consultant can help.

Hi to all x
W

Joce345 Fri 04-Oct-19 22:15:30

Hi Annie I hope and pray that consultant can help you.
Did you sell Fred Annie? I seem to remember you saying you was going to get rid of him, think I must have missed something..
Doodle glad you enjoyed your day out, last time I went to London was to see my son doing changing of the Guards he was in the Coldstreams, so proud of him, so pleased when he can home got to be honest it put years on me till he did come out..

Hope everyone is doing good.

Good night all sleep well..

Flutterby1 Sun 06-Oct-19 21:25:57

New to this thread. Had very stressful 4 months with possible health problems that were checked and ok.
I know find this has left me with
anxiety and feeling bit low. Even simple things like making dinner can bring on knot in tum etc. Don’t want to feel like this. It’s not all day every day but enough for me to be unsettled.Need some words of comfort. Thanks

Anniebach Sun 06-Oct-19 22:13:00

Hello Flutterbyl

So sorry you are coping with anxiety, it’s a battle isn’t it?

because you had a very stressful 4 months worrying over health problems the adrenaline has been pumping, it doesn’t stop immediately.

If we are suddenly startled we are on red alert, stomach churns etc then calms down, this after a few minutes , after
4 months things don’t calm down in a few minutes,

If you didn’t have the anxiety before the 4 months I think this is the cause and it will calm down

All who post on this thread have anxiety, it’s quiet on Sundays
but others will post tomorrow and will understand and we will listen and support you .