Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 4

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:46:12

Hi, new thread x

Flutterby1 Thu 17-Oct-19 14:48:05

What do you do when stress and anxiety not good?

nanny2507 Thu 17-Oct-19 15:07:59

Here is a pic of my beautiful little Marshall. Hes been giving me many kisses today

nanny2507 Thu 17-Oct-19 16:35:01

flutter I put music on and have kisses with my animals xx

Dawn22 Thu 17-Oct-19 17:43:25

Hi Flutterby
Not easy l know - family problems. Thinking of you but things do change even eventually.

I saw a video on YouTube by Jordan Peterson and l was interested in what he said - look for meaning in your life and not necessarily happiness. Meaning and even purpose will stand to us. There is huge emphasis on happiness but l think we must rethink. Peace of mind is golddust. Sometimes we have to take the philosophical point of view to life.

Also acceptance of all things because otherwise we might only make ourselves feel worse by trying to change what is outside of our control.

Day by day when feeling a bit off and we get there.

Take care Flutterby and at least we have this space.

Encouragement to everyone.
Dawn xx

MaggieTulliver Thu 17-Oct-19 18:41:31

Nanny that’s lovely, music and pets do so help. Flutter, I hope your family come through whatever is troubling you so much. I’m sure you will. Dawn, I was only thinking today what I’d give for peace of mind; it’s my holy grail. No-one else can give it to us, it has to come from within.

Evenings are always a bit better for me but am already dreading waking up tomorrow morning because of the dreadful anxiety. But if I can feel ok now, then surely there’s hope...

Anniebach Thu 17-Oct-19 19:51:45

Hi all x

Sorry I haven’t joined you for a few days, you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

I have to make a decision, have an appointment in two weeks
with a consultant and up for discussion is surgery on my knee,
it’s exhausting thinking of it and it has raised my anxiety and caused the stomach ulcer to start bouncing, so little sleep.

Stay brave x

Flutterby1 Thu 17-Oct-19 19:53:41

Dawn that was a lovely post. Food for thought. Thank you.
Maggie thanks for your kind words. I need to stop the ‘what if’. I know this big concern is going to be with us for awhile. I have to find the strength to be strong and that’s not always easy.
Nanny257. Thanks to you too although I have to say I have a cat phobia - wish I did not but so be it. Sorry.

nanny2507 Thu 17-Oct-19 20:50:29

flutter I have a phobia of frogs. I hate them. annie I can only imagine how stressed you are. I wish I could help take that stress away xx
My beautiful little Marshall has been learning to go out. I am beside myself when he goes out I am clock watching. He likes to go out at night. Tonight I allowed him an hour. But he will never come when I call him...only when hubby calls him! [Grin]

Doodle Thu 17-Oct-19 20:58:27

Hi annie. Sorry you are having trouble sleeping. Is it worry about deciding whether to not to have an operation or about the difficulty of having to go outside? Hope you sleep better tonight.
flutterby it’s impossible to stop worrying about your family isn’t it. Even when you can do nothing the worry doesn’t go away.
Lovely photo of Marshall nanny no wonder you like his kisses.
maggie I have a problem with mornings too. I think that’s when anxiety kicks in. If nothing else, comfort yourself with the thought that evenings are better. Also, whatever time you wake up there’s a fair chance one of us will be awake and thinking about things too so you are not alone.
Sleep well dawn nonnie and all x

Joce345 Thu 17-Oct-19 21:09:04

Evening all, Dawn how very true, peace of mind is definitely gold dust it’s all anyone of us hope for.

Annie hope you get some peace. You are in my prayers..

Maggie there is always hope hold on to that thought..

Good night all sleep well ?

Dawn22 Thu 17-Oct-19 21:47:58

Good night everyone.
Peace of mind to all. If we can imagine it; then it is within our grasp.

Good to hear from you Annie and Doodle and Flutter and Maggie and Nanny and Nonnie.
Dawn xx

Flutterby1 Thu 17-Oct-19 22:13:06

Night, night to all friends who have been chatting tonight. Isn’t it wonderful to know you are not the only one with issues. If only we could find a rather large glittery magic wand.
Thanks for your kind feedback.

MaggieTulliver Thu 17-Oct-19 22:28:11

Night night all. When the morning comes I’ll take strength from the camaraderie I’ve found here. Peace of mind....surely that’s not too much to ask for x

Joce345 Fri 18-Oct-19 07:54:51

Good morning all, I have ordered a good day for all of us.

Be kind to your selfs, hugs to all x

Anniebach Fri 18-Oct-19 12:16:05

Hi all x

We all know ‘whatifery’ don’t we ? What if , what if, what if
is a constant companion.

I have wrestled with ‘what if’ for days. Have made a decision about surgery on my knee.

Surgery means going to a hospital away from where I live, because I live alone and have no family here I will not be allowed to come home to recuperate, will be moved to another hospital for approx 2 weeks to make a full recovery.

So , Have surgery so walking will be easier, great ?

No, because of the wretched agoraphobia I don’t go out, I will be expected to walk every day to strengthen the knee.

Have decided to delay surgery , not refuse it, and work on the agoraphobia first. Having the hand rail fitted on front path next week so will start walking outside, this will help the muscle wastage and be a start to beating the agoraphobia.

Anniebach Fri 18-Oct-19 12:18:59

How about our ‘positive’ for each day ? we haven’t done them for a while x

MaggieTulliver Fri 18-Oct-19 13:21:03

Annie that sounds like a good plan. Positives for the day, what a helpful idea.

Mine is that when I got up this morning I felt awful and was imagining standing on the edge of Beachy Head....But now I feel quite a bit calmer and better and can tell myself that feelings pass.

grapefruitpip Fri 18-Oct-19 13:23:06

Please Maggie, see a GP today. Please.

Flutterby1 Fri 18-Oct-19 13:26:11

Anniebach -Do you feel better that you have come to that decision? Hope so.
Hard to be positive with anxiety and big problem lurking. I will be thankful for having a comfortable home , food in the cupboard and friends.

Nonnie Fri 18-Oct-19 17:10:56

Flutter we all get through one way or another, no easy answer and what works for one doesn't for another. At the worst times just cope for the next hour and don't try to cope longer term.

nanny Marshall looks very comforting.

annie sometimes decisions are hard and it doesn't matter which way you jump of that fence as long as you do and then don't look back.

annie 2. I wrote the first one before reading your later one but will let it stand. Glad you made a decision, as long as you have and are not procrastinating? Why did I say that? because I procrastinate when I don't want to make decisions.

MT so glad that passed.

My positive for today: Just come back from a funeral/celebration of life of a very dear friend who was 89. He died very suddenly just a week after we last saw him. We all chatted about what a lovely man he was and shared our anecdotes about him and his wife who died of PD. It really wasn't the sad occasion I expected. I had been very worried about his son who is probably in his late 50s but needs help as he cannot manage his own affairs. Not sure of the cause, possibly autism? I've never asked just always included him in everything and been supportive. His brothers live a long way away so he has no one nearby to keep an eye on him but I came away with the feeling that his sister-in-law will ensure everything will be done to help. She is s very special person and seems to be the rock which keeps everyone together.

Thanks all for your support. I am not ignoring you when you all come on in the evenings, that is not my online time, I come on during the daytime, usually mornings.

nanny2507 Fri 18-Oct-19 20:52:35

My positive today was I got a video from my daughter. I heard her say GO and then my GD sang a song for nanny

Joce345 Fri 18-Oct-19 21:33:06

My positive I saw a baby can only have been 4 months old at most he was really belly laughing at his mummy all she was doing was looking at him, what a beautiful sound laughter new life wonderful..
do hope everyone has had a good day..

Anniebach Fri 18-Oct-19 21:59:24

My positive today was my younger granddaughter calling unexpectedly, she lights up my day , she brings laughter and I love laughter ?

Doodle Fri 18-Oct-19 23:35:23

I have been praying a lot recently (well more than usual) for my DGS and keep going over and over the same thing. Tonight I have tried hard to trust that God heart my prayers and I do not have to keep repeating myself over and over again. My positive for today to try and trust a bit more.
Sleep well my friends x

nanny2507 Sat 19-Oct-19 10:21:28

I love the sound of children laughing. I used to live near a primary school every day I would stand in the garden and listen

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion