Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 4

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:46:12

Hi, new thread x

Joce345 Sun 13-Oct-19 12:52:46

Hi grapefruit sorry miss your post yesterday, it is very quiet on weekends but I do look in now and again will always chat if I see anyone about.. hope today’s a better day for you..

flutterby snap I fell out with my other half he’s very grumpy and it the last thing we need. Let um stew in there own muck that’s what I say. Have a good day..

Happy thoughts to all Joce

grapefruitpip Sun 13-Oct-19 12:58:25

thanks Joce.

Doodle Sun 13-Oct-19 22:33:25

Hello all. I missed your post yesterday too grapefruitpip sorry. Went out for a long walk even though it was raining. Lots of the trees seem to have shed their leaves early and the pavements were covered in a brown sludgy mess. I hope it dries up a bit before the rest come down. I love crunching through the crispy leaves in autumn.
Hope you are all ok. Sleep well tonight. I’m going to have a go at my Calm app relaxation and then listen to a sleep story. I listened to one about Egypt the other night and found it so interesting it woke me up rather than sending me to sleep ?

Nonnie Mon 14-Oct-19 09:38:39

I tried listening to stories on my phone but the ear buds drove me mad! That one is not for me.

nanny2507 Mon 14-Oct-19 17:35:51

Not a good day for me today...many many tears. Sat in car for ages crying I just didnt want to get out. Called hubby had a little chat. Came indoors dod a few bits and then Marshall came for a kiss and a face bump bless him.

Flutterby1 Mon 14-Oct-19 17:43:19

Nanny2507 So sorry to hear you are having bad day. I sympathise completely with you.
It’s so hard. I know people say it’s only a minute in time and it passes but yes it does pass but oh my it leaves you down, tired and weary with it all.
Hope you are feeling bit better. Try to be kind to yourself. Talk to a family member or friend when you are ready.
You a.ways know you have friends here.

Doodle Mon 14-Oct-19 22:25:36

nanny so sorry you’ve had another bad day. I will pray for you to have some peace from this worry and some comfort.
How are you today flutterby?

Flutterby1 Mon 14-Oct-19 22:31:51

Doodle. I have not had too bad a day. Have a challenging thing to do tomorrow so I am getting bit anxious about that.
Just seems to be one thing after another but not always just me I believe. Thanks for asking.
How are you doing Doodle And friends.

Nonnie Tue 15-Oct-19 10:19:27

nanny sorry to hear that, hope today is better.

Flutter sorry, no advice apart from just hang in there and take each moment at a time. That is all we can do when life is tough but somehow we cope. When I was in extreme pain, age 14, my mother said "God only gives us what we can cope with, if too much we lose consciousness". She wasn't a great mother but that stuck and I try to apply the sentiments to life in general, not just pain. Its hard and I often don't succeed because I am just like the rest of you.

Doodle Tue 15-Oct-19 22:23:38

Hello all. I’m off to bed for an early night with one of my sleep stories. Hope you are all ok. Sleep well x

MaggieTulliver Wed 16-Oct-19 09:13:48

Good morning everyone and to Joce in particular. I haven't posted for a while but I really need a hand hold. I'm feeling very very low and as life isn't worth living and am in tears every morning with terrible anxiety, although I seem to pick up a little during the day.

I'm 62, live alone with pets, no partner and a lovely daughter at uni. My best friend and neighbour has just gone travelling and won't be back for several months and I don't have many other friends. I have a good job but very stressful. I've exhausted all the help my doctor can give me (am not on medication because nothing works or has nasty side effects). I'm terrified of getting seriously ill (cancer) and there being no-one for me to lean on.

I have frequent suicidal thoughts but wouldn't act on them but I feel terribly alone. DD went to uni in Sept 2018 but I seem to be missing her more than ever. I just want to get some hope back for the future but all I can see is emptiness. Very sorry for the self-indulgent post but I have no-one to talk to in RL and you are all so sympathetic and kind. I hope everyone has a good day.

Flutterby1 Wed 16-Oct-19 10:06:22

Hello Maggie I really felt for you when reading your post. It really is awful when you get so anxious and low. You feel very alone in your thoughts etc. I have a book by Dr Claire Weekes that I often refer to when going through things and find it brings on anxiety. Dr Weekes explains that when your internal battery is low that is when things affect you so much. Advice here is you need to put petrol in the tank and that will help. I know it’s hard to find that Petrol but it’s worth trying.
I think a wee trip back to your doctor and perhaps ask for some talking therapy. Is there anyone at your work place that has a nice listening ear?. You take care and be kind to Maggie.

Nonnie Wed 16-Oct-19 10:06:59

MT I hope that writing that out helped a little. I do think you need to go back and tell your GP, perhaps write it out and give it to him/her? Sometimes it is hard to say all you want to when you get there.

Are you too tired after work to join something? Are there any social events with work? I think you need something additional to focus on but know how hard that can be when tired.

Keep posting on here and you will get lots of support. Someone might suggest something which works for you.

KatyK Wed 16-Oct-19 10:34:42

So sorry you are feeling like this Maggie. It's miserable isn't it? I suffer with the same thing although lately I seem to be coping a bit better. I agree with the posts above. You will get great support on here as I did. You are not alone flowers

MaggieTulliver Wed 16-Oct-19 10:39:19

Thank you so much - it’s good to know that people understand. I have a lovely doctor but the NHS is so stretched, I don’t know what more they can do. Am struggling to function at work but it’s better than being at home.

MaggieTulliver Wed 16-Oct-19 11:27:20

Hi Katy, glad you’re coping better.

KatyK Wed 16-Oct-19 11:42:51

Thank you Maggie. Not great but better. You will too..

grapefruitpip Wed 16-Oct-19 12:03:53

MT sent you PM. I posted but it's disappeared! Weird

grapefruitpip Wed 16-Oct-19 12:04:58

The gist was, MT, you are brave for opening up. Many , many people feel the same way.

Try to find one thing for you....an hour " off".

Flutterby1 Wed 16-Oct-19 20:22:43

Hi All this is just a short message to say I have had an awful day. Mega family upset that will have no happy ending In the near future. sad

nanny2507 Wed 16-Oct-19 20:31:57

Sending much love to all my friends who are struggling...well actually much love to you all xx

Doodle Wed 16-Oct-19 21:24:41

Oh flutterby I am so sorry. Family worries are the worst I think. Hope things look a bit brighter in the morning.
maggie you sound worn out. Mornings are usually my worst time too. I agree with others I think you should go back to the GP and explain exactly how you are feeling. Could you join a local ramblers or walkers group perhaps that do some walks at the weekend? Sorry you feel so low.
Big and gentle hug for you all my friends. Hope a new day brings some lifting of spirits. x

MaggieTulliver Wed 16-Oct-19 21:58:25

Doodle thank you, yes feel worn out but amongst those who understand. Wishing all a good night’s sleep.

Nonnie Thu 17-Oct-19 10:07:21

flutter over coffee with a friend yesterday we talked about still wanting to fix things for our children even though they are adults. I think mums always think we can sort out family problems but we have to accept we can't. Sorry I can't offer any comfort I think you just have to take it one step at a time at the moment.

Sun is shining here today so going to hack down the garden. Destruction can sometimes be good therapy!

Flutterby1 Thu 17-Oct-19 14:28:14

Nonnie. Thanks for your reply. It really is an awful dilemma we are in. So upsetting and no easy answer. The anxiety for us involved is great and difficult to get any release although think I will have to look at ways to switch my mind off now and again. As the saying goes. ‘You are only as happy as your least happy child’ - so very true. Nonnie hope you and our friends are having a good day.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion