Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 4

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:46:12

Hi, new thread x

Nonnie Mon 18-Nov-19 12:00:07

Flutter yes, I get that, it comes completely out of the blue.

I've been out this morning and lots of small nice things happened. Twice drivers stopped to let me cross the road and the people who served me in the shops were lovely so why am I thinking about the things which were not so nice and really don't matter? At the bus stop a young woman asked me where a local primary school was. I told her and she said she had a placement there but couldn't be bothered now and might go tomorrow! She had a smart phone and could so easily have looked it up. When I went for the bus it was about to pull off and didn't stop for me. Why does that bother me? Usually the drivers are so nice and gesture that they will wait and not to run but today's didn't and was only doing his job. Must be having a very negative day today.

Flutterby1 Mon 18-Nov-19 14:00:27

Anniebach,Nonnie,Rowantree thank you soooo much for your comments/suggestions. I am still feeling bit negative and bit tense today. I realise others have these feelings. I am the type of person who needs to know why eg this happens etc.
So my question is as this feeling of racing heart and the feeling I might pass out (I was sitting at the time) why does it seem to happen with no apparent reason.
You can see I am still bit uptight by it.
Thank you and sorry for being a pest. X

Anniebach Mon 18-Nov-19 14:05:35

Hi all x

flutterby , how often have you had those symptoms?

Please, never apologise , you have nothing to apologise for, here we all reach out to share x

BlueSky Mon 18-Nov-19 15:07:08

I've had those symptoms like Flutterby, heart racing and feeling lightheaded but never thought of anxiety. Now that's a thought ...

Nonnie Mon 18-Nov-19 15:47:18

Can't help with the 'why'. sorry.

nanny2507 Mon 18-Nov-19 19:50:45

hello all sorry long time no "chat" much going on. So today i went to the drs and asked for a mental health assessment! he was really kind and said i,m best doing a self referral as waiting for a shrink can take months. so tomorrow i will start the ball rolling. Hope you are all ok. I havent read back on the threads so I dont know whats been happening

flutterby i get this all the time (well the racing heart) and its stress/anxiety xx

sharon103 Mon 18-Nov-19 21:13:16

I have a smile on my face smile Well done Annie.
Don't be bossed around. Be assertive with your physio. Walk only as far as you're comfortable with and make that known quite clearly before you begin.
I know you'll get to the bottom of that path one day.
We have the wintry weather coming up but who knows, in the Spring ..................? I'll leave you to fill that in Annie

Wishing everyone here a brighter tomorrow. flowers xxxx

Joce345 Mon 18-Nov-19 23:57:57

Hi all sorry for my blip, I am lucky and shouldn’t complain, really I am not complaining I am just scared, sounds silly but can’t help how we feel.. I am very well traveled but it doesn’t can’t change how I feel.. my husband love going to the sun this time of year, so I do it for him now.. I’m not ungrateful at all just wish I could get rid of the fear .. I am sure I will be ok when we get there.
Annie you alway no what to say your very wise you should give your self a flower, no give you self a bunch God bless you Annie. You keep going down your little path you are going to do it. I’m sure you will

Flutterby1 Tue 19-Nov-19 10:55:22

Joyce I know exactly how you feel as been in your situation before however I did have to cancel one holiday as I was so anxious and then had an added family problem which hit the nail on the head. I am hoping that when it’s time to holiday in the sun again I will gain some strength and although i will be anxious but when I think of the lovely times on holiday I will try to focus on that as you will do the same. It is hard but you will do it and I look forward to hearing all about your sunshine holiday.

Anniebach Tue 19-Nov-19 11:16:30

Hi all x

sharon in the Spring - winter has gone, bulbs are flowering ,
leaves growing back on trees, darkness is behind us and sunshine ahead of us .

Thought for the day ‘ if winter comes, can Spring be far behind ‘ ( Shelley), yes I love poetry

Rowantree Tue 19-Nov-19 13:17:21

Anniebach love that.

Rowantree Tue 19-Nov-19 13:28:30

Flutterby1 you are NOT being a pest. This is what anxiety and/or depression do/does: it makes you feel you aren't worthy of support. Been there too and it feels horrible, doesn't it?
I've also been in the 'why' trap and believe me when I say it's not worth going there. You will exhaust yourself mentally and physically trying to work out why you are feeling as you do. You go round and round with thoughts and feelings and it's like that record stuck in a groove - you can't get out of it. It's called ruminating (not the same as cows do though!) and it's often symptomatic of anxiety and depressive illness. There is only one answer though to the 'why' and that is simply that it just IS. People might ask why you feel so bad, what have you got to feel depressed/low/anxious about - it's the wrong question! It just adds to the guilt or shame and you end up on that record groove day and night thinking if only you could work it out, you'd feel better or understand. Well, that is not how it works.
Acceptance is key: This is just how I am feeling at the moment. No need for why. It just IS. Those who have been there know. Don't beat yourself up trying to work out how it happened. Start from where you are; practise learning to accept your frightening feelings, describing them, taking away that terror. Just keep going with that; and while you're at it, learn the '3 minute breathing Space' from a mindfulness book. The one by Jonathan Williams is brilliant and has a CD of soothing, comforting meditations at the back. This is it: www.amazon.co.uk/Mindful-Way-Through-Depression-Unhappiness/dp/1593851286/ref=sr_1_1?crid=113EYDVVM5D8G&keywords=mindfulness+for+depression&sprefix=mindfulness+for+depre%2Caps%2C140&tag=gransnetforum-21&qid=1574170048&sr=8-1

Joce345 Tue 19-Nov-19 15:50:02

Flutterbyl Rowantree that is just how we feel not worthy.. flutterbyl you are not a pest to anyone certainly not me, I think everyone would agree with me.. you made time to tell me how you feel, for that I thank you that helps.. I know I am not alone with the horrible feelings.. it will pass I am not so bad today.. I hope you are feeling better today Flutterbyl.. Rowantree I do do mindfulness I will have a look at the link you posted thank you..

sharon103 Tue 19-Nov-19 16:03:26

smile yes Annie, brighter days and a new beginning.
Keep looking forward not back.
Loving thoughts to you all. flowers xxxx

Nonnie Tue 19-Nov-19 16:23:13

nanny please let us know how that goes.

Rowantree Tue 19-Nov-19 13:28:30 a very wise post.

I don't share the fear of going away but I keep putting off planning anything. I think my fear is more that something awful will happen if I plan ahead. When someone pushes me and gives a reason why we should be somewhere at a certain time I quite enjoy the researching and planning but I do need that push.

SalsaQueen Tue 19-Nov-19 19:46:53

Flutterby1 I think many of us have had, or still have, the feelings you describe. I do, occasionally, but then I tell myself that I'm having an "off day" and that I'll be better tomorrow. It's not pleasant and can be scary. You're not alone.

Joce345 I have that anxiety about going on holiday, too. In fact, I was in such a state when I went to Jersey (not far at all, is it) in May, that I kept crying - not much fun for my husband, but he knows how I get and is understanding.

Nanny2507 I hope you get on alright. Good luck.

Anniebach I'm glad you've been getting up and down the path alright. You're doing really well.

all on here I hope you've all had a decent day.

Flutterby1 Tue 19-Nov-19 20:16:22

Thanks my friends for all your helpful comments. Not had the best of days as been feeling bit anxious and don’t really know why however I have just had a lovely bubble bath and now having ice cream and choc sauce yum.
Can’t thank you all enough and so pleased.
Annie you will follow that yellow brick road - I am sure x

Flutterby1 Tue 19-Nov-19 20:17:59

Should have read so pleased I joined gransnet.

nanny2507 Tue 19-Nov-19 21:01:53

Hello all. I had a call today and they arranged for someone to call me tomorrow at 4.30 for a phone assessment and then an appointment with be made for a face to face meeting. I am currently having a cuddle with Marshall...or should I say he is sitting on me...he is turning into a funny little thing I think hes been crossed with a dog! He steals things (food) he bops the dogs and drops things in my shoes I will pop a pic on of his beautiful little face xx

nanny2507 Tue 19-Nov-19 21:02:37

Marshall ( or marshy)

SalsaQueen Tue 19-Nov-19 22:22:23

Nanny He's gorgeous. Next-door's cat was in my house all last night (6pm until 6am). She loves my My Cooper, and he sits and lets her scoff his food!

My boy is in the front here.

SalsaQueen Tue 19-Nov-19 22:22:51

Mistake - "Eleven" is in the front

Doodle Tue 19-Nov-19 22:38:12

Hello all. I seem to have been missing recently although I am sure I posted on here the other night. Must have dreamt it ?
nanny hope your assessment goes well and you get some help and support.
flutterby hope you are feeling better today.
Hope you are ok annie and everyone else.
I have been listening to my Calm app at night where I can choose a bedtime story. Daft though it sounds at my age, I listened to a Wind in the Willows story last night. I fell asleep half way through and woke this morning wondering if Ratty and Moley made it home safely ?. I will find out later on tonight.
Sleep well all xx

Anniebach Wed 20-Nov-19 10:13:10

Hi all x

Had realy distressing day yesterday . Been having therapy for
11 months for PTSD, thought I was in recovery, something yesterday blew it all up, my counsellor is contacting me today,

And the council phoned, replacing my windows in December, they had promised to leave it until Spring.

I will be ok, be back with you later

Keep strong x

Nonnie Wed 20-Nov-19 12:12:06

Lovely cat pics.

Sorry to hear that annie, so frustrating.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion