Gransnet forums

Health

Cannabis Tea

(44 Posts)
MawB Sun 15-Sep-19 19:47:57

Before I went on holiday I bought a packet of CBD teabags with the idea that I had nothing to lose but my money! They are not cheap, at £10.99 for 10 but one bag will do three infusions.
I took it the 2 days before I went away and noticed a real difference to my hip pain.
Too chicken to take any with me (in case of sniffer dogs at Customs!) I did without for the week and my hip started playing up again. Now I am home I have had 3 mugs each day and guess what? The pain in my hip is receding again and I am walking normally once more.
Has anybody else had experience of Cannabis tea or CBD oil?

Georgesgran Sat 04-Jun-22 12:18:14

Reported

CannabisEquipmentFinancing Sat 04-Jun-22 12:15:27

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

shysal Tue 16-Feb-21 12:08:29

Reported.

shavindhi Tue 16-Feb-21 12:01:36

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

NanTheWiser Sat 30-Jan-21 23:08:15

Reported

PayneEdward Sat 30-Jan-21 22:24:55

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PayneEdward Sat 30-Jan-21 22:23:57

PayneEdward Sat 30-Jan-21 22:19:28

Kozy Wed 19-Aug-20 14:28:29

Anybody use cannabis oil for sleep problems? I gave restless leg syndrome and have real difficulties sleeping. If you do use it, how much do you take in the evening?

Chameleon007 Sat 15-Aug-20 14:02:52

I read on another forum about CBD tablets helping ease the pain of arthritis. As I have another condition that prevents me taking anti inflammatory medicines I decided I'd give CBD tablets a chance. I told no one I had bought and was taking the CBD tablets but within the month I was walking further where previously I was using a mobility scooter for shopping etc. Friends couldn't believe the difference in me. Even my Dr was surprised I was walking without a stick when I checked it was ok to take the tablets. That was two years ago. I do still have bad days with arthritis flares but the majority of the time I feel much better spending hours gardening etc. I have recommended CBD to family and friends. Those who have taken it have noticed the difference.

henetha Fri 14-Aug-20 10:43:17

Would it help ease the pain of arthritis in the spine? I'd try anything which would help. My strong painkillers upset my digestion dreadfully, so I hardly ever take them.

Iam64 Fri 14-Aug-20 08:30:58

Thanks Maw, I'll have a look for some tea bags.
For what its worth, friends are using CBD for their ageing achey dogs and horses, with good results.
Same goes for turmeric paste. Sadly I can't take Turmeric because I'm on blood thinners. The clinic say its ok to continue to use it in cooking as I have for years but not to take it in the condensed form.

Ace864 Fri 14-Aug-20 08:17:57

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Ace864 Fri 14-Aug-20 08:14:50

I was searching for cannabis tea in our local stores, but I couldn’t find it

Ace864 Mon 10-Aug-20 09:41:23

oh! thanks for sharing anyway. I will look in our local shops

LevHill Sun 09-Aug-20 16:44:51

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

tidyskatemum Wed 05-Aug-20 16:15:09

DS bought DH some CBD oil and cream for his birthday as DH is suffering with his hip. The look on his face was a picture - you’d have thought it was heroin! With a lot of encouragement he’s used the cream and although he says it feels soothing as he rubs it in it hasn’t actually done any good.

Lucca Wed 05-Aug-20 15:21:29

Ace864

MawB, where did you get CBD tea? Is it possible to order it online?

Holland and Barrett.

BBbevan Wed 05-Aug-20 15:18:04

Wacky baccy would probably be better

3nanny6 Wed 05-Aug-20 15:03:51

The cannabis tablets have been scientifically proven to be beneficial to sufferers of certain conditions. It can be a postcode lottery as to who will get a persciption for it .
A couple of years ago a mother with a young son that had constant fits and blackouts started to use cannabis for him.
It worked very well, the only thing was she could be open to prosecution but she continued to use something for her son that worked. Eventually the doctors decided her son should get that medication and prescibed it for him and took all the stress out of the situation for the mother.

Esspee Wed 05-Aug-20 13:54:01

Those who wish to try it can simply Google it. There are loads of suppliers.
It is fashionable at the moment as an added ingredient to everything from tea to shampoo.
Personally I prefer to stick to medication which has been scientifically proven to work.

3nanny6 Wed 05-Aug-20 13:06:47

That sounds like good tea (CBD) tea bags. I believe you can order most of those products on-line now as they have become very popular.
Many years ago I used to have a cup of tea in the afternoon for sickness associated to pregnancy. My neighbour had a few cannabis plants in the back garden hid behind his large flowering foliage and would give me some leaves to make up a tea. It did help. I am not living there any more and anyway do not use that type of pain relief any longer

MawB Wed 05-Aug-20 12:40:22

Ace864

I’m afraid I can’t help you.
I bought mine from a local deli which sadly did not survive lockdown.

GagaJo Wed 05-Aug-20 12:28:41

BlueBelle

I can’t help but think it’s a fashion

If it's a fashion it's a very long standing one. People have (illegally) been using dope as a pain killer for many years. And I'm not talking about addicts. Just normal people with chronic pain. I know one. Late 70s. Harmless pensioner. If anyone knew, they'd be horrified.

Ace864 Wed 05-Aug-20 10:46:52