Gransnet forums

Health

So tired of it all

(29 Posts)
SallyB392 Tue 12-Nov-19 10:25:25

I'm so so tired of life, each day is harder than the one before. I have both physical and mental health problems, and I feel like its all such a fight. Do I have to keep going? Why can't I just end it? Go to bed and never wake up, it would be better for everyone.

Greenfinch Tue 12-Nov-19 10:33:22

Sally See your GP and really tell him how bad you are feeling.Help is there and you should not have to suffer like this.Meanwhile ring the Samaritans NOW. Many people feel like you do.You must seek help.

Antonia Tue 12-Nov-19 10:36:03

As Greenfinch said Sally, please ring the Samaritans. You also need some treatment for your MH issues, so the gp is your best option. flowers

ayse Tue 12-Nov-19 10:37:58

I’m so sad that you are feeling this way and I wish I could do something to help. You say it would be better for everyone but I don’t know that your everyone would agree. Is there anyone that you could talk to face to face about how you are feeling? Someone who has time to listen?

I’ve found that physical problems are often exacerbated by mental health difficulties. I pray you can find some resolution and there is someone you can turn to.

Sending you kind thoughts. ?

ayse Tue 12-Nov-19 10:39:50

And I agree with the others, the Samaritans are good to call.

dragonfly46 Tue 12-Nov-19 10:42:57

Text SHOUT to 85258 and someone will text you back 24
hours a day. They are there to help you.

grapefruitpip Tue 12-Nov-19 12:06:09

Bottom of a well or a pit? Hopeless, alone?

Sorry to be harsh but I have been there and there is hope.

Please ring the Samaritans for a start and see your GP.

Teetime Tue 12-Nov-19 12:07:54

sallyB3928 please take the advice given here and get some help now this minute. No-one wants you to take this drastic action and when someone does it leaves a trail of destruction behind it. I do hope you phone Samaritans today and that you feel differently about this very soon. flowers

Amagran Tue 12-Nov-19 12:15:37

The Samaritans are there for you, Sally. Please give them a ring.

And please see your GP. Don't be fobbed off with an appointment in several weeks time. Say it is urgent.

My thoughts are with you. flowers

Amagran Tue 12-Nov-19 12:18:20

Many of you have mentioned the Samaritans. I think I am right in saying that they are the only major national charity which has no paid employees. Everyone is a volunteer.

grapefruitpip Tue 12-Nov-19 12:27:27

Yes, Amagram you are correct,don't be fobbed off. Tell somebody today. it's brave. You have done brilliantly coming on here. Tell somebody you feel rotten, no need to spill the whole story.

grapefruitpip Tue 12-Nov-19 12:30:09

I have sent you pm, you are not alone.

Gonegirl Tue 12-Nov-19 14:19:41

How old are you Sally? Do you have a DH still with you? Children perhaps, or grandchildren?

Would you like to talk some more?

Smileless2012 Tue 12-Nov-19 14:24:52

Sally please contact the Samaritans, SHOUT and your GP. You are not alone Sally, please believe thatflowers.

grapefruitpip Tue 12-Nov-19 14:53:51

Come back? How are you now?

SallyB392 Wed 13-Nov-19 21:59:30

I am so sorry, I must have been having a really lousy day when I wrote this post. Unfortunately, I have memory problems, so can forget things very quickly, I'm really touched that so many people have offered support.

I have Bipolar, generalised anxiety (which includes a form of - oh pooh, I can't remember the word - I can't go out without my DH), have that beauty PTSD, and something else, I can't remember what it is. I'm under the mental health team, swallow a chemist and have a really supportive husband and a fantastic little dog.

I also have Ehlers Danlos, Arthritis, diabetes, stroke, and goodness what else. Pain is a major issue!

Luckygirl Wed 13-Nov-19 22:05:20

Last week I rang the Samaritans at about midnight. I had never dreamt that one day I would need to do this; but I could not see where else to turn at that moment. My OH has recently gone into a nursing home and the guilt was overwhelming.

I have to tell you that it was the best thing I have ever done - I felt that I turned a corner after speaking to the volunteer on the other end of the phone. He was gentle, down-to-earth and positive. So please do give them a try. They do not mind if you just want to chat; have no agenda and are not judgemental; and they are happy for you to ring back any time. You might like to think about giving it a go.

Amagran Wed 13-Nov-19 23:16:59

I am so glad you have come back to talk to us again, Sally. You certainly do have a lot to cope with but it is good to know that you have support at home. Sometimes, we don't like to feel so dependent on our loved ones, however much they care and want to help. When you feel like that, I hope you will call the Samaritans. As Luckygirl says, they don't mind if you just need a chat, and they are completely non-judgmental.

I hope you have had a better day today and that things will remain on an even keel for you tomorrow. You are amazing to cope with all that is going on with you.

crazyH Wed 13-Nov-19 23:22:42

Sally, please, please ring the Samaritans , NOW. Are you on your own? I am usually up till way past midnight. Please post again or PM me. We have all had days like this, I'm sure. Do you have a friend you could call? Please post back. Lots of love and hugs xx

crazyH Wed 13-Nov-19 23:25:00

I just realised you posted yesterday. Glad you're feeling better....

BradfordLass72 Thu 14-Nov-19 01:50:18

Hello Sally,
Here's another place to ry as well. A UK support group.

www.ehlers-danlos.org

grapefruitpip Thu 14-Nov-19 08:40:02

Don't feel shy about sharing Sally.

People are hiding all sorts of stuff, it's amazing if you have the guts to be open, you can bet somebody else feels similar.

Tell us about your wee dog?

jeanie99 Thu 14-Nov-19 11:05:28

Sally I am glad you are feeling much better, do come on this site and express yourself if you need anytime everyone is here to listen.
We are here for you, don't give up.
If your memory is not so good, mine isn't either, have a note book and write down the things you need to remember or may need in the future.
I do this with the date on the pages, it helps with phone calls I make.

Gonegirl Thu 14-Nov-19 11:36:03

That's all very sad Sally. Life can be very unfair. I hope you find yourself able to cope for now and the future. All the best. x

newnanny Thu 14-Nov-19 12:51:11

Sally I know how low constant pain makes you feel and I don't have as many health issues as you. Focus on the positive, you say you have a really supportive husband and a fantastic little dog who both love you. Seek support from the Samaritan's and your GP. That is what they are there for to help people when they feel low. Could you try to do one nice thing each day either phone a good friend or eat a treat maybe?