Gransnet forums

Health

confidence

(56 Posts)
desjumeaux17 Wed 08-Jan-20 18:22:30

I think I am losing my confidence. I have just been to Eldon Square, in Newcastle and ended up in meltdown.

I went to get my mobile repaired, with no success in Samsung and ended up getting the run around telling me to go to 02 and they would replace it. No such luck, they just offered to sell me a new phone. Which I didn't accept.

Result was I was crying my eyes out in the town centre.

Is this normal?

sallysmum Sun 12-Jan-20 00:11:38

My grandaughter was getting married an we were staýing a hotel so I went to the bank drew out £600 pounds, put it in my purse put the purse in my handbag and the handbag in a fourwheeled shopping trolley with the top cover down.
I then went into Bon marche and suddenly my face was covered with a cloth and I stumbled. My bag was taken from my trolley and of course the money with it. This has tottaly shattered my confidence. I am normallly a self confident out going lady but this experience has really shattered me.

Fennel Sun 12-Jan-20 11:38:26

No wonder your confidence is shattered sallysmum shock.
I was robbed once by a young man on a motor bike and ever since only carry cash in a waist purse, under my jacket.

desjumeaux17 Sun 12-Jan-20 15:12:51

sallysmum oh no that's dreadful. I hope you are getting over it don't let the **** beat you. Stay strong. xx

rosecarmel Sun 12-Jan-20 17:51:29

sunshine

bikergran Sun 12-Jan-20 19:16:23

Two week ago I had to take my old car to the Dealers as it had had a recall (something to do with the airbag)

So booked it in (no cost to me) left it there for few hours whilst I pottered round the shop.

They rang to say car was ready and could they have little chat hmm

The little chat was>>>>> as the car was in at the dealers they do a "Free Health Check"
They found

My oil was a bit too high and could cause damage (my oil was changed two years ago by qualified mech)

My front tyre was wearing down and will need replacing .
soon.

My back number plate bulbs were not working ( they could do it now for £14.99)!!

My headlights had deteriated and needed re doing(the plastic deteriates and makes the lense cloud over) cost £145.00!!

Also they could offer me a service and free M.O.T £135!!

"Would you like us to sort these things out for you now whilst you wait"??? shock

No thank you I replied. as I did the headlights myself last year at a cost of £3-00 and a bit of free time.

The number plate bulbs I can buy for £1.99 each and replace them myself grin

My tyre has 3.7 ml on yet and the car has not long had M.O.T grin

The oil (if! it was too high, I can go find my basting pippette and draw off some of the oil)

Was it because they saw a 64 yr old woman coming in to collect her 15 yr old car?? I don't know!! did I have MUG written on my forehead! Noooo not that day lol. I surprised myself actualy.

But going back to confidence, yes we do loose it unless we use it.
I think various things can cause lack of confidence.
For me it was/is grief.

This year I will try and boost up my confidence throughout the year.