Gransnet forums

Health

Been asked to bring pyjamas for conoloscopy

(29 Posts)
Beswitched Sat 01-Feb-20 10:37:30

Really stupid question but been told to bring pyjamas and dressing gown for colonoscopy. As I only wear t shirts in bed I bought anew pair of pyjamas yesterday. Just tried them on and you can see my nipples through the slightly clingy material. Will I be keeping my dressing gown on all the time, and then be given a gown for the procedure.

I know this is a trivial question but I'm a bit self conscious about this kind of thing blush

clementine Fri 07-Feb-20 22:06:06

Glad you have it all over and done with. I had one last year but was never told to bring anything ,I just put on a hospital gown and I was wheeled down to the theatre on a bed, and just shuffled over to the table. Had IV sedation , which worked a treat. Enjoyed the tea and toast afterwards too .

harrigran Fri 07-Feb-20 23:08:52

Dressing gown is needed as you have to walk to the procedure room.
I was undecided as to which way to wear the shorts as my colonoscopy was through my stoma, in the end they just lowered the waistband by about two inches before inserting endoscope.

Greeneyedgirl Sat 08-Feb-20 13:37:41

Wheeled down, crikey clementine did you go private? Most hospitals are cutting down on staff, laundry, disposable gowns, and most of all cash. Hence request to bring own dressing gowns etc. It's not a sterile procedure after all.
They'll soon be asking volunteers to train to do procedures grin