Gransnet forums

Health

Do you worry about your grandchildren?

(30 Posts)
BlueSky Thu 06-Feb-20 12:43:20

Do you worry about your DGC when they are babies and toddlers? When they are of school age? What about when they are young adults? I've always worried, first it's illnesses, then maybe walking to school on their own or being bullied, and when they are finally grown up do you worry about them being out late, driving, going to Uni or perhaps on a gap year? I thought it would get better as they got older in fact the cause of worry changes but the worry is still there. Just wonder whether this happens to all grandparents or it's just my anxiety and catastrophising again.

M0nica Thu 06-Feb-20 17:18:53

Yes, understand the worry when you are in charge. I drive so carefully.

BlueSky Thu 06-Feb-20 18:55:30

Callistemon like your DM's mantra Don't meet trouble halfway Didn't know that one either!

Callistemon Thu 06-Feb-20 19:00:13

smile
DH is not a worrier so I tend to worry for both of us.

ExperiencedNotOld Thu 06-Feb-20 20:23:57

I’m not a grandparent yet. But the one thing I really worry about is both of my children being happy and fulfilled in their daily lives. I also worry about their safety but only when they tell me about what risky thing they’re doing next (they don’t understand I’d often rather not know what they’re jumping off of or out of or whatever). I suppose it’ll be the same when grandchildren appear.